Ct Fall Foiliage Cruise Sunday Oct 27th!

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ct Fall Foliage Cruise Sunday Oct 27th!

Ct Fall Cruise Sunday Oct 27th!

Meeting at the commutor parking lot in Cheshire CT off I84. From there we will cruise about a half hour up Rt8 North till the expressway ends and there will be a chance to gas up and bathroom break. From there we will cruise:drive:through Litchfield County and Goshen along some scenic roadways and through a covered bridge on the way to Kent Falls State Park where you will have some time to walk up along the falls and take pictures and another bathroom break. Leaving there we'll go to lunch at 1st and Ten.

Meeting time is 9:00,
Departure time is 9:15
Meeting spot is the commuter parking lot just North of I84 exit 26, if coming from the west, take a left at the traffic light at the end of the ramp, straight through the next light, and the lot is on your left, if coming the east, take a right at the end of the ramp and the lot is on your left.

Apparently they have raised the rates for Kent Falls Parking on the weekends, it's $9.00 for CT residents and $15.00 for non-residents. If you don,t wish to stop at Kent Falls, you may continue on to 1st and ten and we'll meet you there.

Link to Kent Falls:
http://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?a=2716&q=325228

Last edited:

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds like a great route Jimmy! 90% sure we will be in for 2ppl

pony23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those roads are great for a fall run. I need to double check the schedule.

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those attending:
Jimmy & Juliana (The Fangster)
Ed & Courtney

00VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy,

Put myself and Melissa down for now. If we work out the babsitter we will be good to go.

Mike

Rosie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have room for two more, my wife Kerrie and I would like to join you. Looks like it is going to be a great cruise. See you Sunday. Rusty

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey NY! Let's do a meeting spot and cruise up from the Hutch Mobil Station in Harrison NY (center of the highway between exits 23 and 25)

We will need to LEAVE at 8 a.m. exactly! Show up at that spot anytime between 7:30 and 7:50, engines running at 7:59 :drive:

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather is looking good for Sunday! Partly sunny and high in the upper 50's. Looks like fall is here and the leaves are really turning colors now. I would like to mention that if you are planning on going to the top of the falls, bring a pair of good sneakers or shoes that you are comfortable in. No high heels going up the trails, that goes for the ladies too! lol Anyone meeting us at 1st and Ten, the plan is to get there around noon.

Those attending:
Ed & Courtney
Wizard
Matt + 2 Vipers
Ed & Tanya
Mike & Barbara
Steven & Maria
Mike & Melissa
Rusty & Kerrie

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have room for two more, my wife Kerrie and I would like to join you. Looks like it is going to be a great cruise. See you Sunday. Rusty

Sure there is always room! I just started a thread on the NEVCA forum, so if more want to come maybe you can all hook up for the ride down/over. See you Sunday!

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those attending:
Ed & Courtney
Wizard
Matt, Linda, Jose +George (3 Vipers)
Ed & Tanya
Steven & Maria
Mike & Melissa
Rusty & Kerrie
Chris

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather is still looking good, see you at the commuter parking lot off I84!

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jimmy for putting together a GREAT event! Really nice drive, Kent Falls was AWESOME.

Nice to see some new folks too - thanks everyone for coming out!

Here's a SLIDESHOW of pics