Curtains for Coupes

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if any of you are thinking of what is about to take place in the Viper Nation? In a year or less you will not be able to buy a new Viper GTS coupe.
Yes, the convertible comes to us as an 03 with no stablemate. The earliest prediction of a coupe coming back to market will be 05 or 06. As our beloved new Viper coupe inventory begins to dwindle, now would be the time to determine if your passions for a coupe should be fulfilled. If a coupe is what you see in your future you would probably help yourself immensely by making the purchase sometime soon. When the general public begins to scratch their head and ask where all of the coupes have gone, and that they will not be able to buy one for 3 to 5 years, just watch the market take the price of a new GTS to somewhere well above the sticker.
I have no crystal ball, but after being in the car business for 33 years you see a few things happen over and over.
Print this out and show it to your wife. Then pick up the phone and call Bill Pemberton at 800 889 1893. (oh, shameful and blatant ad, I just hate myself).
If you decide not to do this, then print it anyway so you can show it to her in a couple of years from now. It'll make a great Warren Buffet or Bill Gates "remember when I could've bought that for", story.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"The redesigned Viper RT/10 is expected to go on sale in August 2002. The redesigned Viper GTS coupe could bow three or four years after the new Viper RT/10.

<u>AUTOMOTIVE NEWS</u>

August 13, 2001 Page 25

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, I did the same analysis 6 weeks ago when I bought a coupe from you. Do you think it will help if I print out your post now and show it to my wife after the fact?? The car continues to creep into conversations about college funds and taking vacations. I'm convinced she has no sense of humor.In the end, I figured buying a car from Nebraska was my best bet because she wouldn't have the fortitude to return it while I was sleeping. I will take issue with your salesman, Bill , however. He mislead me over the phone. I had never bought a car without seeing it and so I relied on his assessement that the 00 with 2k miles was a 9.4 on a 10 scale. Upon arrival I checked it over top to bottom---it was a 10+.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would it be fair to say the current prices on coupes not depreciating much anymore? Seems the ONLY option for a true coupe would be the 96 to 02 Vipers. No chance on them going up is there?

G

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There will be a special "premium" for a like new GTS since this will be the only option for someone who wants a new one.

There have been used ones and that will stay pretty much the same, however, there could be some price strength because "new" buyers are now in the "used" market.

The price people now pay for a cream puff will be high so those people will have to buy cars of a lesser condition - so there will be this downward cascade.

Frankly, the worst thing that could happen is if GTS's go to $200k.

I wan't their price to collapse - that way I can buy more of them!!!! If mine become worth fortunes, that will ruin everything!!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> . When the general public begins to scratch their head and ask where all of the coupes have gone, and that they will not be able to buy one for 3 to 5 years, just watch the market take the price of a new GTS to somewhere well above the sticker. [/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forget above sticker price!! Call me before 8-18-01 4:00pm EST and I'll do my best to get an 02 GTS for $2500 over Dealer Invoice!! RT's same price!!914-763-3136
smile.gif

2002'S WILL BE RARE!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viperprowler1:
"The redesigned Viper RT/10 is expected to go on sale in August 2002. The redesigned Viper GTS coupe could bow three or four years after the new Viper RT/10.
<u>AUTOMOTIVE NEWS</u>
August 13, 2001 Page 25
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That same Paragon Of Auto News issue claims (front page photo story, same issue) :

"...will pack a re-engineered V-10 pumping out more than 400HP
when it bows for 2003." Hmm......they said the same HP in 1989 !

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey JonB,

You are correct and I did notice the "error" on the front page of what Jim Ziegler likes to refer to as "Automotive Snooze" . However, they are "technically" correct, the new V10 <u>will</u> pump out more than 400 horsepower! In fact, perhaps more than <u>500</u> horsepower! Oh well, you can't believe everything you read...unfortunately!

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by illy:
It's about time something I bought didn't depreciate like a rock... Something about the Camaro's and Vettes got me used to 20% per year depreciation... :) Personally, I would just like to see the value of my car hold steady, I already got a steal of a price, so it's good to have if I need to take a year off from the tehnology industry... Hehe...

Just rub it in, Chad!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang