Damn California law, mount front license plate or keep it off...

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 years with the RT and no front plate.......never stopped or ticketed. Got an additional snake last year (GTS) and again, never stopped or ticketed while driving. One cop had the nards to write a "no front plate" ticket while parked in a valet spot on the street. Took the ticket to court and they dismissed it because we took a photo of the front of the car with the front plate "duct taped" to the facia.

Both cars have the front plates in the cockpit if needed.

Lucky so far :curse: Dumb law. Vipers look best without front plates!

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Eight years with a Viper in CA with no front plate, and no front plate fix-it ticket (and I have been stopped twice for other things, once getting a questionable speeding ticket).

However, I carry the front plate and four long zip-ties in the trunk, so I can put it on quickly, should I need to.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhh, nice to be in a state that doesn't have front plates! I'll always have my Vipers registered in a no-front plate state, what a hassle that crap is.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The great thing about the holder from PartsRack is that it's fairly easy to install and remove :) . Bat™

I'll say... plate and bracket goes on/off like a snap-clothes-pin. On in 5 seconds or less....off in 10 sec or less. THANKS!

Keep it in the trunk area with your car-detail stuff. Get stopped: "Ooops, Officer! I took it off for a carwash and forgot to put it back on!"
You pass the mandatory 'attitude check'.....she/he gets a free look in your trunk (a power thing) and you drive away happy til you take 10 seconds to remove it.

A regional VCA makes some of the profit...we ai'nt getting rich on these, but have many HUNDREDS of happy, ticket-less users. If you enter your optional car COLOR when you order, you will even receive a small but nice free Viper doo-dad. Thank You.

http://www.blastmart.com/provider/product.php?productid=1385

badsnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you leave it off, it gives the officer the opportunity to give you a no plate ticket instead of a speeding ticket. I got stopped a few years back by NYSP doing 30mph over the limit, and he gave me a 'dirty front plate" ticket. Huge courtesey from the trooper especially since car was clean and there was no front plate. Also, hard to get lidar(laser) aquisition if no front plate, especially on a black car.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also, hard to get lidar(laser) aquisition if no front plate, especially on a black car.
I'd heard that, and perhaps its even true - I finally got my first *real* laser alert two weeks ago after using a laser-aware radar detector every time I drive for 10 years. I was at around 42 mph in a 35 mph zone, and yet I did not get pulled over. Whether he had problems getting a reading on the car (it *is* black, and no front plate), or was just being nice, I don't know, but am not complaining.

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The great thing about the holder from PartsRack is that it's fairly easy to install and remove :) . Bat™

I'll say... plate and bracket goes on/off like a snap-clothes-pin. On in 5 seconds or less....off in 10 sec or less. THANKS!

Keep it in the trunk area with your car-detail stuff. Get stopped: "Ooops, Officer! I took it off for a carwash and forgot to put it back on!"
You pass the mandatory 'attitude check'.....she/he gets a free look in your trunk (a power thing) and you drive away happy til you take 10 seconds to remove it.

A regional VCA makes some of the profit...we ai'nt getting rich on these, but have many HUNDREDS of happy, ticket-less users. If you enter your optional car COLOR when you order, you will even receive a small but nice free Viper doo-dad. Thank You.

http://www.blastmart.com/provider/product.php?productid=1385

Thanks Jon! and thanks for the doo-dads with my order ;) .

Bat™