Dave's Crazy Vinyl Projects

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I am just going to post up my vinyl projects on here. I did this past weekend. When I bought my car the driver side door handle looked nasty along with the glove box. Which I haven't gotten to the glove box yet. But did the Shifter Console though. And it looks great!!
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

OP
OP
C

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The door handles and around the shifter console is wrapped with black glossy vinyl.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
What different kinds of vinyl could you use. colors, patterns etc? I have some pieces that are cracked and this technique might save them. Mark

OP
OP
C

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually I am glad you mentioned that. My trim around the door handles are cracked around the thin portion. And when I vinyl over them they appear as though they were never cracked. So it does help out with that. All you have to do is glue it. Vinyl over and boom .. new look to and old part! :) But I or you can used any type of vinyl except Chrome or vinyl that are a plated polyester vinyl. For example chrome or gold. These are not really like regular vinyl. THey can't stretch, limits on bending, and can crease. But I just found a series of vinyl that is dedicated for PAINT subsitute. Not many colors. But it will last longer under weather conditions.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting...would like to see some more detailed pictures in natural light if you can get them.

Thanks,

OP
OP
C

crviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
will do. Sorry about the pics. They are from my crappy camera portion of my iphone!