Dealer & rear end

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guys a friend told me to post this for him, he owns a 04 SRT-10 and somehow he broke the diff the the dealer is refusing to repair/replace it under warranty ! any thing we can do ? i mean all he said that he heard a strange noises and then drove it to the dealer and after few days dealer called telling him about the rear end and asking him to pay for a new one he said but the car under warranty and they said not the rear end and it most be he abused the car much !!! he never drag never launch hard but sure the dealer wont believe us. any ideas ? thanks in advance guys :confused:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DUH, take it to a new dealer. Those damn srt-10s are natorious for busting that thick steel pin/shaft in the diff, that Unitrax offers a replacement for because its soo weak.

Tell the Dealer to piss off, if you still have to deal with them, get someone like Viper Wizard to call up and explain the problem with the srt-10's diff to these fools.

WHO CARES IF YOU LAUNCH IT HARD, AND BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF IT.. ITS A VIPER... GEZUS... ARE WE DRIVING NEONS OR SOMETHING???

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Carrot Two Step Program... Learn English.... Take it to another dealer. mmk u r gonna b how old?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell the Dealer to piss off, if you still have to deal with them, get someone like Viper Wizard to call up and explain the problem with the srt-10's diff to these fools.

I would be glad to explain life to them! :eek: They must be 5-Star. :rolleyes:

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE:

"WHO CARES IF YOU LAUNCH IT HARD, AND BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF IT.. ITS A VIPER... GEZUS... ARE WE DRIVING NEONS OR SOMETHING???"

:2tu: :2tu:

OP
OP
M

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR, Viper Wizard, ds thanks guys we going this week i will let you know!

The Carrot Two Step Program... Learn English.... Take it to another dealer. mmk u r gonna b how old?

well try to be helpful as the others not a 2y old trapped in a buffalo body teaching people english! but anyway since im younger i appreciate the "take it to another dealer" comment and i thank you! learn from the younger my friend!

redsrt03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my 03. The clutch went out at 4000 miles and even though the warranty said the disk was covered for 1 year or 12 thousand miles, Dodge wouldn't honor the warranty.

I e-mailed the dodge (i.e. dodge the warranty) customer service and was told by some **** that it wasn't covered unless I could prove it was a defect in manufacturing, preparation or assembly.

It seems you're basically at the mercy of what the dealer reports to the jerks at dodge.

Other than sueing the ********, there's not a lot that you can do.

The fact that special 'VCA' members may be able to help you get dodge to honor their warranty, IMO ***** even more.

My advice is to tell your friend that next time buy a Toyota or Lexus!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my 03. The clutch went out at 4000 miles and even though the warranty said the disk was covered for 1 year or 12 thousand miles, Dodge wouldn't honor the warranty.

My advice is to tell your friend that next time buy a Toyota or Lexus!

I believe "wearable items" such as a clutch disk or brake pads are not covered under warranty, unless the disk had a defect.
From VIPER to TOYOTA/LEXUS???
You must be registered for see images attach
I don't think so!

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote from "redsrt03" -Viper Owners as Ambassadors for Dodge-02-19-05
"After installing a new flywheel, pressure plate, and disk, it turned out that the "real" problem was a clogged catalytic onverter. They wound up replacing oxygen sensors, resonator, and the cat. Unfortunately, I was still stuck with the new clutch costs."
The clutch was never out according to you redsrt03.... :confused: