1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decent Deal on 08

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by bdherh, Jan 31, 2009.

1. bdherh

bdherh Enthusiast

I have been working with a dealer on an new 08 coupe. The net result is $7750 under EP, and $48k for my 06 coupe. Does that seem like a decent deal to anyone that has bought one in the past few weeks?

2. PaViper

PaViper Enthusiast

depends how many miles are on your coupe and its condition...also is it a blue/white, red/white...they might bring a couple extra dollars

3. bdherh

bdherh Enthusiast

blue/silver 3500 miles

4. 3SXVPR

3SXVPR Enthusiast

Not a bad sounding deal being currently the amount most private sellers will get for their low mileage 06's is around $50K (regardless what they think).
    I received $34K on trade for my 04 vert with 30K miles in perfect shape which I thought was really low, but it took them several weeks to sell it for only $38K and they had financing available for the buyer.

No doubt the market sucks right now for values and drops more every day.

5. bdherh

bdherh Enthusiast

I agree. I could probably get low 50s if I sold it myself, which I hate dealing with. But I will get a tax credit, so that will actually put me there anyway. I bought it last March for $63k. I took a hit, but not near as bad as some people with their homes, etc.

6. Smog Dog

Smog Dog Enthusiast

Good deal. If you want an 08, now is a great time to buy. Plus, you are moving your 06, which is not an easy thing to do.....you will love the Gen 4:2tu:

Bill

7. Sellshomesdrivesviper

Sellshomesdrivesviper Enthusiast

There is a 08 red conv on EBay for buy it now price of $58k, the economy and all sales are in the dumper.

8. JonB

JonB Viper Owner

For what its worth, I think its probably a good deal....but you did NOT say the options or color. That can add almost $10k to MSRP. It might be a GREAT deal! BUY SOON.

Please:

If you have not already done so, be sure to check your quote vs. one of the VCA SPONSOR-DEALERS HERE, and in Viper Magazine They PROVIDE this very forum for us for FREE....and/or they subsidize our magazine costs.....they at least deserve a ringee-dingy? Thanks. Find sponsors at:

Viper Club of America

[Where are you? Even tho I live in WA I have bought new/used from sponsors ROANOKE-IL (3) and BUEHLER (NJ) but have heard/read great stories on Woodhouse, Tomball and Tator ALL SPONSORS ! And most of these guys deliver, and pick up your trade]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  9. bdherh

bdherh Enthusiast

I actually mis-quoted. It is $8750 less than EP. I think if I do the 0% from Chrysler, I get another $1k off. Is that correct?
    MSRP is $92,400.

10. JonB

JonB Viper Owner

Color? Mods?

There is a HUGE thread on this in here......
    Viper does NOT get the $1000. But is eligible for 0%. But VCA MEMBERS who REFER YOU should be able to get $1000 in MoPar Parts/Accessores Refunds rebate thru VCA HQ:

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...-friend-family-member-new-viper-purchase.html

11. adamlotus

adamlotus Enthusiast

i think thats a great deal,ur being offered fair for ur coupe,your coupe will be worth less in a few more months with the way things are going,get in that 08 and enjoy

12. Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo Enthusiast

If it's Snakeskin green than it's a good deal. If it's Venom red not so much-

13. bluesrt

bluesrt Enthusiast

if its a bright blue u are stealing the car!yes u are stealing the car!bright blue cars are acually worth more now than original sticker,i should know,i have one!:D:rolaugh:;)

14. 1BADGTS

1BADGTS Enthusiast

They are giving you straight Galves for your trade inn =Normal

15. bdherh

bdherh Enthusiast

It is Orange/no stripes.

16. VIPER 93

VIPER 93 Viper Owner

run don't walk!

17. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 Enthusiast

That car is a great deal. 1400 miles and in perfect condition. Should be a good buy for someone. I feel bad for the owner paying $80K+!

18. Phoenix SRT

Phoenix SRT Enthusiast

So what is the Employee Price? I may have to look into an '08 if they're going for as little as it appears.

19. wallbanger

wallbanger Enthusiast

One good thing about this economy is that a lot of "enthusiasts" are becoming "owners" :bigsmile:

20. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 Enthusiast

Go for the 08 on eBay if you want a huge discount!

21. VicTxV10

VicTxV10 Enthusiast

You got that right!!!:2tu::D

22. bdherh

bdherh Enthusiast

I dont want a conv nor a red car. That is why I'm not going to buy that $57k car. If I bought it, I would end up selling it because I wouldnt be happy.

23. Blue Pilot

Blue Pilot Viper Owner

Dealer near me has a NEW 08' bright blue coupe, two tone interior with nav for $69,990!

I am so tempted, but I don't drive the one I have, so I will leave it for someone else.

24. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 Enthusiast

Deals are out there to be had. Two tone blue interior looks great.