Do you guys think viper parts of america have good prices??

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to be able to find the same viper parts cheaper on mopar sites online how is this so? I thought members get discounts/deals, somthing isn't right here.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do get discounts and being that you are a VENOM member you should get a 20% discount but that is not on everything. If you see something cheaper elsewhere and they are an Authorized MOPAR dealer contact VPA and let them know. Maybe VPA can work with you. Don't forget, when you buy from VPA 100% of the profits go to the VCA! :)

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its like anything in life, shop around for the best deals ;) We do get Discount on certain items, I got a really great deal on a Clutch Slave Cylinder and the shipping was real fast to the UK :) + By getting parts from them helps the club :)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive seen good and bad pricing from them. just shop around. maybe let them know when they are off ?

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do get discounts and being that you are a VENOM member you should get a 20% discount but that is not on everything. If you see something cheaper elsewhere and they are an Authorized MOPAR dealer contact VPA and let them know. Maybe VPA can work with you. Don't forget, when you buy from VPA 100% of the profits go to the VCA! :)

20% discounts for venom members? I've never seen that, as for a 100% profit to VCA, I don't know about that either I just know they seem pretty high priced.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm, pretty sure list is what shows on their website as they would not know if you are a Venom, regular, or a Vette guy trying to make his car go faster with Dodge parts! :D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I walked in to my local Dodge dealer here in redneck central and told them that a club would give me 20% off list. He gives me 32% off list, plus my car looks sweet in their parking lot while I do business.

Moral of story: Ask and ye shall receive.

Mad Max

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently purchased a couple of items from them. I saved almost $50 on a set of brake rotors. After you place your items in the cart and before checkout there is a box where you can enter your member # to see if your items qualify for a discount. Not everything gets a discount. I'm shoppping for tires and they don't get a dsicount, however the size I need is less money than I have found anywhere else and the shipping is free.

Brent

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I have not been able to get a cheaper shipped price quote on a 19/20 nitto tire setup, and I have been looking.

That being said any tire guys selling nittos? Can you beat 1586 shipped for a 19/20 nitto invo setup?

Last edited:

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done business with Viper Parts of America numerous times and never have I seen a better price anywhere else. VPA has always worked with me to give me the best price and best service bar none.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VPA has always been helpful and I've found their prices reasonable. Items that get VCA membership discount are shown as such, so it is very easy to see what will have discounts.

VPA has always been responsive too, but email them with specific part numbers if you have questions or don't see the part you need. VPA has also gone back to Mopar to work on pricing (water pumps for Gen II come to mind).

What Mopar sites have you found to have good prices and parts in stock?

Happy shopping.

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VPA has always been helpful and I've found their prices reasonable. Items that get VCA membership discount are shown as such, so it is very easy to see what will have discounts.

VPA has always been responsive too, but email them with specific part numbers if you have questions or don't see the part you need. VPA has also gone back to Mopar to work on pricing (water pumps for Gen II come to mind).

What Mopar sites have you found to have good prices and parts in stock?

Happy shopping.

I don't know guys but I was under the impression venom members get a 20% discount on viper parts and I don't see it happening especially when companies like moparpartsconnection are offering parts for less and shipping is also less with my venom discount, maybe its the type of parts I am looking for?? a GenII right window stanchion is $361 at vpa and moparparts connection has it for $349. I see it is not alot of a difference but *** wheres the saving for venom? must be the types of parts you purchase I guess OH well... I guess if you own a viper you must pay.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I walked in to my local Dodge dealer here in redneck central and told them that a club would give me 20% off list. He gives me 32% off list, plus my car looks sweet in their parking lot while I do business.

Moral of story: Ask and ye shall receive.

Dave, next time you're heading to Cleburne, let me know and I'll cash in on that 32% discount. Maybe between the two of us, we can squeeze out a little more?

Reaction score
Sorry we are late to the conversation! First, let us remind folks how VPA got started and what it represents today.

Back in late 2009 the club was approached by SRT regarding engineering parts and excess inventory that needed a home. Comp Coupe roof with the Air Force logo from the Ripley's Viper vs. Viper event at Luke Air Force Base? Kinda hard to return that to the Mopar catalog but also not something you want to throw in the dumpster. Likewise with painted body panels (Mopar doesn't sell them painted), mounted wheels/tires (again, not sold that way by Mopar), etc. When approached, the club obviously chose to acquire those parts for a set price. It would have been foolish to turn them away or suggest to SRT that they simply scrap them. As it turned out, tens of thousands of dollars worth of those parts have been donated back to the regional and national clubs to help them raise money - including that Comp Coupe roof and numerous other historic pieces.

The club began offering the remaining parts as quickly as possible, with sizable discounts to VCA and Venom members. For example, a set of OEM five spoke wheels with new PS2 tires already mounted had an MSRP of $9200 - VPA sold them for $4,750, with the Venom discount getting another 20% ($950) off of that price. That discount alone was worth is a little over 27 years of Venom upgrades at $35 a year. This was (and still is) true for numerous other parts where VCA and Venom members could pick them up for below dealer cost. Indeed, our very first sale was to another Viper parts vendor and to this day we still sell a large percentage of that inventory to other parts vendors, Dodge dealers, and resellers around the country.

One of the biggest and most immediate differences for VPA was that we actually had to lease warehouse space, buy shelving, set up shipping accounts, get forklifts for the bigger containers, etc. Then there was lighting, heating, insurance, security, etc. Not to mention getting people to do all the work. While some vendors are simply brokers that take orders from home (drop shipping directly from the supplier to the customer), VPA had no choice but to establish a "brick and mortar" presence - SRT obviously wasn't volunteering to store and drop ship parts on an as-needed basis. When CAAP closed in 2010 there were hundreds of thousands of assembly parts that were destined to be scrapped as they were not packaged (or often stamped) for retail sale. The vast majority were fasteners, shims, insulators, etc. When asked if VPA wanted them or if they should be scrapped, the answer was obvious. Today that particular VPA warehouse stocks over 1,000,000 individual parts.

Based on successfully establishing and running that business, Mopar offered to make VPA a dealer for other select OEM Viper parts. The idea was not to sell those parts where dealers like Woodhouse and Tomball already had a presence, but to help facilitate sales in areas that didn't have any resident Viper dealers. VPA has shipped to virtually every corner of the globe, as well as areas in the US and Canada that don't have a Viper-centric dealer for hundreds of miles in any direction. Going back to that brick and mortar thing, note that Mopar will ship only to the dealer - never directly to the customer. So every single part that VPA orders from Mopar comes to one of two VPA warehouses to either be re-labeled or repackaged altogether for shipment to the customer.

That second warehouse? You may recall that the club was incredibly blessed in late 2010 when it acquired 35 semi truck loads of original Viper tooling. The club itself wasn't out a penny for it, as VPA paid for 100% of the acquisition including the transport, rigging, permits, etc. VPA also paid for the warehousing and insurance for that tooling - which it still does to this day (100%). Mind you, that tooling is unlikely to generate a penny of short term revenue, as the parts they produce are still largely available from Mopar.

So back to the original question/concern on a Mopar part that Flx109 found for less somewhere else: The part is one we have to order from Mopar, so right away it is very unlikely to have the margin available that one of those original "warehouse parts" may have. Tonight we were informed that we had it at $361 while somebody else has it for $349. Mind you, the suggested MSRP was over $420 to start with and we had done price comparisons before listing it originally. As it turns out, while Mopar did a 3% price increase across the board today, this part actually went down by a few bucks sometime since we first listed it - to an MSRP of $395. We checked the costs tonight and received good news: The dealer cost dropped $27. So we did too - now $334 from $361.

Mind you, an additional Venom discount of 20% would put us considerably out of pocket just to buy this part from Mopar, so that discount simply isn't possible. As it is we would need to sell 1,674 of these a year just to pay the rent (no lights, no heat, no insurance, no labor, etc.). We rely on VCA members and Viper owners to let us know what they need if they don't already see it on our site, and if the pricing is out of whack and we somehow missed it - like this time. Email is preferred. :)

We greatly appreciate your support and hope you will take advantage of the many additional benefits enjoyed by VCA and Venom members.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
We rely on VCA members and Viper owners to let us know what they need if they don't already see it on our site, and if the pricing is out of whack and we somehow missed it - like this time. Email is preferred. :)

Why is an email preferred?. Seemed to work out fine here. A VCA member had a question and posted it. Other members were then able to read and comment on it. Someone from VPA answered the question and provided a solution. That's how it's supposed to work.

Reaction score
Why is an email preferred?. Seemed to work out fine here. A VCA member had a question and posted it. Other members were then able to read and comment on it. Someone from VPA answered the question and provided a solution. That's how it's supposed to work.

It came with a smiley face which we thought might be amusing. Sorry it missed the mark.

FRC Z51

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Parts of America is worth the few extra bucks simply for their outstanding customer service, at least in my experience.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've purchased multiple items from VPA since purchasing my Viper last year. I personally think it is a fantastic resource for limited production parts. Many other niche vehicle owners have no such luxury. Much larger production vehicles like the Turbo Regals have been struggling with some parts supply for years. I had to work through it with mine. I'll pay a few extra bucks to support the club and potentially help secure the future supply of parts.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It When CAAP closed in 2010 there were hundreds of thousands of assembly parts that were destined to be scrapped as they were not packaged (or often stamped) for retail sale. The vast majority were fasteners, shims, insulators, etc. When asked if VPA wanted them or if they should be scrapped, the answer was obvious. Today that particular VPA warehouse stocks over 1,000,000 individual parts.

Speaking of harware, is their any plan to catalog the fastener availabilty that VPA acquired? Last time I looked at the VPA site(10mins ago) I thin I saw less than a half dozen fasteners listed. There are alot of unique fasteners in the car...

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of harware, is their any plan to catalog the fastener availabilty that VPA acquired? Last time I looked at the VPA site(10mins ago) I thin I saw less than a half dozen fasteners listed. There are alot of unique fasteners in the car...

VPA has a ****load of bolts, fasteners according to the update we received at the national meeting two weeks ago. I think it's a matter of time needed to catalog what they have.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the VPA have the best prices? It depends. For parts obtained via SRT I'd say yes. For Mopar parts, it depends. When I first called the VPA to order a Mopar part (gaskets) they referred me to Chuck Tator before giving me pricing information. They will first try to get you in touch with your local Mopar dealer which I think is admirable. I don't frequently buy Mopar parts so I can't say how competitve the pricing is from any dealer. However, the VPA has managed to get the Gen2 water pump list price down considerably from Mopar. I hope to see more of that influence with Mopar so that everyone benefits.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know one thing, Jerry went WAY above and beyond hunting me down a small non descript missing rubber bushing on my car and made no money selling it to me.
Way beyond the call of duty and was appreciated.

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you support the Viper and the club, ordering thru the VCA has a positive impact for today and tomorrow. Buy thru them when you can so when, not if, you need them they will be there. Asking them to price match is no harm no foul. If you want to shop the part you need go right ahead, bear in mind how e-commerce works and where the profits go. Understanding the big picture will keep our supply channels open as our cars become older and original parts dry up.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't stand it any more. The correct grammar is: " Do you guys think Viper Parts of America has good prices?" I checked with a Catholic Priest, a Protestant Minister, a Rabbi and an Imam and they all said that the VPA prices were not bad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang