Do You Street Race Your Viper???

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I try not to street race anymore...I will give a potential opponent a taste of the power of my car (670RWHP)... But having a V1 sure makes me move a bit more on open highways when no ones around...Al

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I was going to reply that it is illegal, dangerous, stupid and posts promoting it are not permitted on the VCA forums. However, after reading through the thread it seems other have beaten me to it.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me what you will...In eighter my 99 rt10 or 2003 SRT10 ive raced....

-6 differant Supras ranging from 430-800 rwhp
-stock 2005 NSX
-stock c6Z06
-Hybusa bike
-413 rwhp camaro
-460 rwhp 408 WS6
-418 awhp evo
-430 rwhp 2002 ACR viper
-540 rwhp ROE SC 1997 GTS Viper
-350 rwhp supercharged S2000
-and some other weak sauce opponnents

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you who admit to street racing, that is what drag strips are for. Drag racing is fun when done legally and safely at a licensed drag strip.
Pavenom RT/10

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to reply that it is illegal, dangerous, stupid and posts promoting it are not permitted on the VCA forums. However, after reading through the thread it seems other have beaten me to it.

:D Yes to what you said....however, you KNOW that there are Viper people who ARE gonna do it...and NOT go to a track...yes, it's risky/dangerous/illegal...all of the above, will that stop most of the street-racers? Unfortunately until something personally happens to them, no. ~juli
(We WILL do light-to-light at times, and confess to 'passing rather quickly' others on a highway~~gotta be so very very careful, but no matter HOW careful one is, anything can happen...as evidenced by our own Viper people here/their stories...and how some are lucky to BE here to TELL the stories)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What chance do you think there is that they'll build more than 5 drag strips in all of BC? None. For 14 years Vancouver had no race track because the Social Credit gov sold the old one and "forgot to pay" the club that was supposed to get money to build a new one! Thanks to Ron Farmer the racetrack was finally built after a 14 year delay.

Unfortunately, the closest track to me is 6 hours driving. Read 12 hours if I plan to come home. This means a trailer and a pickup to pull it for a single run.

Oh yah, then I need a roll cage, seat belts (new each 2 years), SFI approved everything, fire suit, etc. etc. Not gonna happen. It's not that I can't afford the extra $10,000 for redundant and unnecessary safety equipment, I own a street car and don't want to turn it into a race car which would ruin the value and destroy the car for driving. With slicks and/or Nitrous my car would go nines so I'd need all that safety stuff.

I have thought of building and installing a rollbar just for 1 weekend, but then I'll probably need to remove it. I've researched many crashed Vipers (since my own Semi collision) and see that the GTSs work excellent in all kinds of crashes, unlike most cars. Looking at rollovers it seems that Viper GTSs may not improve safety with a roll bar. Looking at the frame it is easy to see the engineered stress risers that are designed into the frame structure for absorbing impact. Although a side bar would improve safety from side impacts it would also make the car much more difficult to get into. I don't think a hoop would be much improvement and may stiffen the car so that the driver could get serious injuries by removing the crush characteristics of the car. NHRA doesn't get into which kind of car needs a roll bar, it's a requirement for ALL cars after 11.5.

Some small towns compensate for the lack of available drag strips by closing the road and having their own legal street racing, but insurance is killing off many types of competition. Our community sponsored snowmobile racing for a couple years. We donated the $1500 per day within our 1500 population. However the insurance more than doubled and that ended the BC Snowmobile Federation completely. 9/11 changed our way of life. Don't know if insurance companies want all our money or it's just an excuse, but we have no "known" terrorists here.

Ted

Rapid Transit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Little dix and low IQ? Then by all means do it. Thanks for dropping out of the gene pool along with the other ***** "racer". Hope you don't take out any normal,rational average IQ people that may by chance be in the way. GTS Bruce

As written by CROM: "I can see the occasional 60-100 blast to show some guy in his C5 that his johnson is still tiny".

:lmao:

Viper GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I Always do :headbang:

It's the only way to show your car power :cool:

I know it's Illegal and not safe and every thing ,

But it has a kind of a different felling :dunno:

We dont have any drag strips here in Saudi Arabia

But i herd the will open one soon sense 5 years :rolaugh:

The fines and the jail time over here are worse it goes up to "car take" that's mean they will take away your car and sell it !

Nothing to you !!! and a maximum jail sentences 3 mouths and last but not lest from 5 to 20 lashes and the fines :omg: i am not kidding !

But we race like 50 miles out of town in a middle of nowhere and at a late time and take permission of our local frinds cops :D

Viper GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Define "race"
Race in the Saudi traffic law is two cars competing against each other on public streets with high speed that are over the speed limit or reckless driving in any case it's the same and they don't care.
If they Catch you your toast end of story .
No lawyer or court or any thing just get a fast beating and away to jail .
We used to run away from them before 5 to 6 years ago and get away with it , They had fun folling us to,
But don't even think nowadays
In there law or rights any ones that runs from the law is a "Terrorist" and they will shot you !!! then talk !!! if you are still alive .

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plead the 5th.
Lets just say there are several very pissed off Z06 owners around my town....

Arthur R Davis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey SlaughterJ, haven't seen you in awhile! Street Racing,,,,VA,,,,,Abuser fees,,,, I'm 49, when a teenager I did well street racing $ wise. I'm more mature, Traffic has changed, so it's not worth it to me. In a Viper, most just try to egg you on to see it run. I have +5 points Safe Driving Points and hope to keep them. VA can ticket you just for reving your engine as to egg someone on. Counts as actual racing if convicted.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was out last week in 35 degree weather, had two blue Lancer Evos flanking me (I guess they travel in packs because they need to finish each others' sentences)....they wanted to street race and there is no way in hell I'd do it in those conditions. We have a small, nearly empty airport just 5 miles away, if they wanna race, we could go there. I wouldn't try it with the temperatures so cold either....my tires would have no traction at all.

Also, I've always remembered a motto from the front of a Charles Schulz book I read when I was a little kid....Speak softly and carry a big stick. I think the Viper says enough (everyone with lobes in their brain knows instantly that they'll likely lose)....I won't race someone who doesn't have at least 400+ horsepower and I'll tell them to do more mods, then come back. More often than not, they're understanding about wasting my time.

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^ I am surprised the thread has not been pulled yet...But it does not promote street racing, just who does and who doesnt....Al

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey SlaughterJ, haven't seen you in awhile! Street Racing,,,,VA,,,,,Abuser fees,,,, I'm 49, when a teenager I did well street racing $ wise. I'm more mature, Traffic has changed, so it's not worth it to me. In a Viper, most just try to egg you on to see it run. I have +5 points Safe Driving Points and hope to keep them. VA can ticket you just for reving your engine as to egg someone on. Counts as actual racing if convicted.
Virginia is known to be the state closest to the gestapo in their draconian approach to law enforement.

There are various types of street "competition". Ranging from two guys pulling up to a red light and simply taking off fast, to two guys pulling up beside each other on the highway, making eye contact and gunning it, and then organized street racing on back roads....

Most people do some form of the above, ranging from Dodge Caravans vs Ford Winstars, to M5's vs AMG Benzes...to Vipers vs Vettes. You will NEVER stop guys popping wheelies on motorcycles, you will never stop runners speeding up when another runner catches up to them, and you will never stop human natures impulse to test the car next to you..especially when that car is testing you...and especially if you have a V-10 w/ 500 plus hp.:drive:

Thats just the way it is.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did, up until about 2 years ago. I can tell you that to keep your license in TN will be right at $2k, including court costs, fines, and lawyer fees. Not to mention you'll have a ********** wife(if you're married). :D

I also "retired" my CYAFORD plate, as it was getting unwanted attention from other drivers.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just raced a 2002 ACR with 460 rwhp and 3.33 gears in my 2003 SRT10 with 470 rwhp and 3.07 gears...VERY VERY close from 40-145 mph!!!!!!!

I wanna stop but I cant..!!!!

OP
OP

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Virginia is known to be the state closest to the gestapo in their draconian approach to law enforement.

There are various types of street "competition". Ranging from two guys pulling up to a red light and simply taking off fast, to two guys pulling up beside each other on the highway, making eye contact and gunning it, and then organized street racing on back roads....

Most people do some form of the above, ranging from Dodge Caravans vs Ford Winstars, to M5's vs AMG Benzes...to Vipers vs Vettes. You will NEVER stop guys popping wheelies on motorcycles, you will never stop runners speeding up when another runner catches up to them, and you will never stop human natures impulse to test the car next to you..especially when that car is testing you...and especially if you have a V-10 w/ 500 plus hp.:drive:

Thats just the way it is.
Hey Mamba, I live in CT...Lets RACE:nono::)

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I would Never think of taking on that silver 911T on 795 that Used to think he
could outrun a GTS... never... lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang