Do you think a 92 will be a collector car??

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I look at 53 Vettes which were low production like the 92 Viper, I think the 92 will be worth a bunch one day (especially if unlike Vette , Viper goes away) What do you think? Also what do you think is a good price for a 92 now? I have seen everything from $40 to $100K

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think its is really hard to say at this time,depends on the publics vue at the time of era u try to sell.i think 08 and 09 with be in the high dollar hunt cause of options and hp,dont think we will see anymore higher hp motors for a great while if ever again,but who knows.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a 92' will be a GREAT collectible car. If I had the $$, I'd buy a low mileage one, lock it up and throw away the key. If I could afford two, I'd buy a second one and drive it like I stole it

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An original 92 will be one of the most collectible Vipers!When is the only question.
It has low production #'s, virtually handbuilt,totally impractical and unlike the generations since a total commitment to if it doesnt make it go fast it aint on it, it was a no compromise car and the beginning of a legend.
You have only to look at other performance cars to see the similarities.Having said that they all will be collectible due to the low production /high loss rate.Think how many vipers have been written off as totaled not because they were structurally beyond repair but because parts are so costly.Those cars are gone!The only thing that will hurt the collectibility is the fact that a high % of the cars available will be low mileage cars.Blah Blah Blah, I think I will go drive my car and piss off a future collector.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldcup
.... I think I will go drive my car and piss off a future collector.

I do that every day :)

:2tu:X2:2tu: Screw collectors.

I'm sure IF you have a low mileage (less than 500-1000 miles) pristine and documented 1992, in 2038 Barrett Jackson, it will be worth a lot. I will not be here in 2038, so I dont care.

jojogts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe Barrett Jackson had the Gen 1 Viper on their future cars to watch list...

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
92's will definately be collector items someday, just not today, they will continue downward in price for a while still and they are low now compared to where they were a few years ago.

I used to have one with 6 or 7000 miles on it and it was real torquey, I didn't drive it much, hard tires and poor handling and all compared to the newer vipers.
\
Sad part is that today's generation will be bidding Fast and Furious ****cans up to +$1,000,000.00 when we are old and grey, I can't hardly wait for that ****e to happen OMG!

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a great topic. What will make these cars collectible? When I was a kid we all had pictures of corvettes and Smokey and the Bandit Trans ams on our walls. These cars had great appeal and you rarely saw them (the older - classic vettes anyway).
I am in and out of people's homes every day and today I see more posters and die-cast models of Vipers than anything else. It isn't what we'll be buying twenty years down the road when we're older and more grey - it's the new generation of car buyers and what they admired when they were kids. I don't think they will be paying big bucks for cars that had huge production runs and you could see every day on your way to school or work - they will be looking for the rare cars like our Vipers. You may have limited production runs of certain Mustangs and Vettes but they will still be only a little different from the tens and hundreds of thousands that were made. The reactions I get every day that I drive my Viper tell me that there a lot of people who want these cars. You don't see people leaning out of car windows at stop lights to take pictures of Vettes or holding someone up at the gas station so their girlfriend can get a picture of them next to a Mustang but that happens to me almost every time I take this car out.
There are lots of other things to consider such as the unavailability of parts, numbers of totaled vehicles, statistics, and production numbers but the one thing that matters most is that this is a uniquely **** car like nothing else that not only looks good walking down the street but also rocks your world under the sheets.
If I had an opportunity to buy a '92 today I would (within reason of course). The guy who wants a fun car to drive on the weekends won't be interested in this car but knowledgeable collectors will see the significance of the first year handmade cars - just like the '53 vettes that you mentioned. The guy who wants a fun 69 convertible or an 82 crossfire injection for fifteen grand is not the same guy who wants a 53, a old not-easy-to-drive blue flame six or a 57 fuelie.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will depend on economy, fuel prices, availability of premium fuel, storage costs and insurance.

The early cars will be highly desired, as well as the final ones.

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I look at 53 Vettes which were low production like the 92 Viper, I think the 92 will be worth a bunch one day (especially if unlike Vette , Viper goes away) What do you think? Also what do you think is a good price for a 92 now? I have seen everything from $40 to $100K

1) yes
2) $45,000 if less than 15,000 miles today
3) in ten years.... $105,000.00 ( if less than 18k miles)

not big appreciation...but something nonetheless

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the 100k guys are big dreamers,god bless them for tryin,it will never bring that,the 92 is hell to drive these days and allways will be from this day on out.it wont bring no money.its a neat car like a 53 vette,its not worth anything either,never will be,its hell to drive.they are cool cars to look at,take them to b/j and hope a big drinker bids on it.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a 92 with 5k miles right now? 25k and a 5th of vodka before u bid!:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte