Dodge Dealer dmage to my Viper

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like this thread needs to be shut down till the end results are in. Reputations are at stake regardless of the outcome.

Good luck to both sides and I feel sorry for the LIAR

Bruce

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How bout this? Just 'cause The OP has had repair estimates on another PRIOR incident doesn't mean this current damage was the fault of that previous situation. I think it would be obvious that if he hadn't repaired the first damage - it would have been noted in the walkaround inspection this last time he left the vehicle at the dealership. Regarding the current damage- If in fact the inspection at time of drop off has recorded NO damage and now there is damage upon pickup the Onus is upon the dealer to accept damage was done in their care. I find it hard to believe that the inspector would NOT have seen this damage. I understand it is somewhat underneath but looking at the pic I can see enough damage up the side of the fascia that it would be hard not to notice. This is my case supporting the owner of the car.

HAVING SAID THAT........
If I were the dealer/management and my service techs explicitly told me they did not damage the car and upon checking into the owners previous maintenance history I find "damage" estimates for something similiar to what is existing now, I would have some serious suspicions the vehicle owner was trying to fleece us for prior damage. I'm sure this tactic has been attempted before. I can see why the management now rejects responsibility for this damage.....

WHO KNOWS THE TRUTH ?????
Only the owner of the Viper knows the real deal. And only the tech who drove the Viper knows the deal. One of those two is lying, not necessarily the dealer/management themselves.

Oh....Merry Christmas everyone !!!

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting turn of events. I haven't seen Jimmy Arrigo in years but I know he's a good man and was surprised to hear a story like this. Interesting how folks look at dealers as always guilty. Surprised at some of the posts here with thoughts and ideas how to inflict damage on someone's business, taking an unknown posters words as gospel.

HUCKGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picture of damage to Viper on the lift the day he dropped off vehicle can plainly show you the damage is in the inside of the front bumper by the back of the wheel, when vehicle is on the ground you can not see any damage unless you get on your hand and knees to look under vehicle, the picture he showed was taken at an angle from under the vehicle. If you walking up to the car you will not see damage. The technician called me as soon as he put it on the lift to show me the damage, when I called my7vette with the estimate for the rim damage from wheel of america to fix the rims and powder coat them black I stated to him " I guess the front bumper was damaged when the rims got damaged". All damage was noted on prior repairs so it was in his file and the only damage to his headlamp is exactly what he was talking about in october. As times get tough we will need to start talking pictures of everyones cars because you never know who to believe and when you come across people that are making up stories you kind of lose trust with everyone.

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know that the real issue is whether the damage was done before or after he dropped the car off, but I gotta address a side issue here,....the disclaimers.

Disclaimers, and signs stating "not responsible for damage..."or something similar, mean nothing. When people point to signs such as this, I pull out a sign that I made years ago which reads "My sign trumps your sign", then I show them the date on my sign 1974, and point out that not only does my sign trump their sign (because it says so), but my sign also has precedent, because it was printed before their sign.

All of that is in jest of course, but it proves a point. Signs do not relieve people or companies of their responsibilities. After all, if I have a sign that reads "Not responsible for ******" does that make it true? No.......? But wait......, I have a sign....... See!

And "My sign trumps your sign"!

:rolaugh:

Last edited:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The technician called me as soon as he put it on the lift to show me the damage, when I called my7vette with the estimate for the rim damage from wheel of america to fix the rims and powder coat them black I stated to him " I guess the front bumper was damaged when the rims got damaged". All damage was noted on prior repairs so it was in his file and the only damage to his headlamp is exactly what he was talking about in october.
I don't know who is at fault here, but you do make a compelling argument.

Now, Just out of curiosity,

1: Did he have the repairs done in October? Some of the Repairs?
2: Could the car be driven with the rim damage? Has he been driving the car damaged!?
3: If you didn't damage it and this is the original damage, then why didn't he just get his insurance to pay for it? Why is he pushing for you to pay for it?
4: Has he tried to blackmail you? "Fix it or I'll tell everyone you broke it" kind of thing." I wonder what his motivation to bring it to this board is. I can only think of two. Either blackmail or desire to warn people. We can certainly not help him in any other way.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Huckgts , I'm not here to defend my7vette [ it's more fun to 'Lance romance' him like some do here ;)]but I think you may put too much blind faith in your mechanic who told you about the damage.Is there a time recorded on the work order when the car was put on the hoist and the time the damage reported to you? I have an example ;[ have many more ;)] when a friend of mine took his Safari van in for a major tune up to the largest GM dealer [ Dueck of Vancouver] here a few years ago. My friend being a smart *** :smirk:, parked his van close to the service writers office , made two chalk marks close on one of the tires and the ground .He was told they'll call him next day when the service is done.When they called him next day to pick his van up ,he noticed his van parked in the same spot.He then got to the service writer who handed him the work sheet with all services and taxes added up . Asking the service writer if all work has been finished and the reply was yes , the mechanic just finished with the van a few hours ago.My friend asked him to come out to the van showing him his markings. The SW was pretty embarrased of the situation [ he didn't need to look up the milage on the odo ,lol]and promptly asked the tech who flatly stated the work he's done on the vehicle according to the work order.:rolleyes:Needless to say ,my friend left the vehicle for another day and got it serviced ,AGAIN:rolaugh:

Last edited:

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The odometer shows a 20 mile test drive taking place according to the client.
So here is another question to which the answer is fairly important;
Was the Viper put up on the lift AFTER the test drive?
If that's the case, then this damage could have happened on the test drive.
The thing is, most mechanics indeed DO the test drive first upon obtaining the keys. So this gives less credence to the "I brought it to your attention the minute I put it up on the hoist" statement.

Just trying to get the facts maam, just the facts ;)

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arigo Dodge DID THE SAME THING TO MY YELLOW VIPER! was this the one off the sawgrass? I picked up my car, got home with it, then realized they must have put the lift in the wrong spot because right infront of my exhaust, there was a hole about 3-4 inches because they did not put it on the right point with either the lift or jack....

Reaction score
Arigo Dodge DID THE SAME THING TO MY YELLOW VIPER! was this the one off the sawgrass? I picked up my car, got home with it, then realized they must have put the lift in the wrong spot because right infront of my exhaust, there was a hole about 3-4 inches because they did not put it on the right point with either the lift or jack....

And what was the outcome and how was it resolved?

HUCKGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we did not need to test drive before repair because it wass test driven the week before when we ordered parts. the test drive was after to test trans and backlash he was complaining about. I have known he tech for 20yrs, he has driven many vipers and the picture was taken the day he dropped off.

HUCKGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to say one more thing and then I am done. My husband is a certified viper tech, a master ASE tech, and a shop manager at another dealership. He does mainly heavy duty stuff to vipers, corvettes and so further. The technician that did the repair on my7vette , I would allow to work on any of my cars which is saying something because there are a lot of tech that I would not let work on my cars. I personally believe I am advocate for the customer when it comes to auto repairs,and I have seen many a damage happen to cars but the damage was there before he brought it in, he knows it and it has been documneted he just forgot.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to say one more thing and then I am done. My husband is a certified viper tech, a master ASE tech, and a shop manager at another dealership. He does mainly heavy duty stuff to vipers, corvettes and so further. The technician that did the repair on my7vette , I would allow to work on any of my cars which is saying something because there are a lot of tech that I would not let work on my cars. I personally believe I am advocate for the customer when it comes to auto repairs,and I have seen many a damage happen to cars but the damage was there before he brought it in, he knows it and it has been documneted he just forgot.

Perhaps just an accident then? Just saying.

We don't have the full story yet :eater:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up my 2006 SRT10 from Arrigo Dodge in South Florida. They replced the sync and trans mount. The cars undercarriage has been damaged and a piece is missing leaving a big hole. They refuse to admit to the damage and indicated they are not responsible for a car left with them for repairs. When the walk through was done prior to me leaving it, there was no damage. As far as I am concern, the Viper was in their care custody and control.... Am I wrong here?? I will be seeing legal advice on Monday. Pissssdddd.

I would love to scan and produce documents, unfortunately they are legal document owned by Arrgio and I do not have any authority or permission to post them, plus with privacy act we would not be able to show customer's private information.

my7vette : My conclusion is that, at the least, there appears to be some honest disagreement, or possibly misunderstanding here.

Since you came here for our input, please authorize HUCKGTS to post any previous service documentation that they have. You can post yours also.

If we assume that all parties are being honest about this, then someone is drawing the wrong conclusion based on the evidence.

It is human nature to see conspiracies in everything when the explanation in the end is usually much simpler; but, not so obvious.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is full of win.:rolaugh: So, it looks like the OP's normal tech left, so he thought the dealer wouldn't remember the damage. He comes back to pick up the car, claims to see the damage, but really can't, he just knows it is there. Obviously has prior damage to his headlight and wheels due to prior estimates. Truly pathetic.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm still puzzled at the fact that this rather large damage wasn't observed at the initial walkaround with a service writer.:crazy2: When I picked my Viper up the dealer I bought it from , I noticed immidiately some small scrapes on the right side chin spoiler that's way lower and tucked away than the damage that's shown in the picture here.
It has been common practice in my area for body shops , car dealers to thoroughly check and document every scratch and dent before the customer leaves the facility. I'm sorry this happened to Urhucklberry because she's seems honest to talk about it here, and maybe it will be a lesson learned for both sides .

In this picture [ normally pictures mask small blemishes on vehicles] the scrapes clearly seen on the day I picked up my Viper.I've asked the dealer to deal with it before I pick it up but they forgot. No biggie.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave