Does anyone get asked this.....

2003 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last summer an old guy asked me what it was. He was blown away by the engine and I let him start it up. It put a nice smile on his face.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a guy ask me, "Is that a Mazda 8?" "Uh no, it's a viper."

How the hell could anyone ever think a Viper was a Mazda 8, I'm assuming he meant RX-8? Regardless, there is no possible way they remotely look alike what-so-ever...what a dumba$$, that would piss me off. I don't care if people don't know what type of car it is, especially if they don't know much about cars, that's fine and understandable since it's pretty exotic looking. However, to think it's a Mazda....lol come on now!

Jersey Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was asked that frequently, and at a friends house this weekend his neighbor called on the phone and mentioned it was a nice vette in his driveway. Mind you that after watching in the rear view mirror people staring over their dashboards trying to figure our what kind of car it was from behind, I added "09VIPER" tags.
Really just a courtesy to the uneducated, the damn things are so rare in South Jersey...

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it happens when someone has taken a 8 ball and chased it down with johnny walker

How the hell could anyone ever think a Viper was a Mazda 8, I'm assuming he meant RX-8? Regardless, there is no possible way they remotely look alike what-so-ever...what a dumba$$, that would piss me off. I don't care if people don't know what type of car it is, especially if they don't know much about cars, that's fine and understandable since it's pretty exotic looking. However, to think it's a Mazda....lol come on now!

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old lady next door likes to ask "Howz your little Corvette?" I think she knows it's irritating.

Boy down the street goes "why don't you buy a Ferrari?" Like after having bought a Viper, it's now somehow my responsibility to buy a Ferrari. When they drive a minivan... When are THEY gonna buy a Ferrari, that's what I want to know.

Viper Owner

Be nice..say " my little Corvette is great, thanks...How's your garden this year?...your tulips look great"

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is posted in the gen 1, 2 section so it is a new thread i guess?
In 11 years I have never been mistaken for a vette its mostly gen 3 4.
So im surprised by the thread, and if it happened to gen 1 2 guys it wouldn't be that often.

what year viper do you have anyway?
Maybe your posting this in the wrong section?

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old lady next door likes to ask "Howz your little Corvette?" I think she knows it's irritating.

Boy down the street goes "why don't you buy a Ferrari?" Like after having bought a Viper, it's now somehow my responsibility to buy a Ferrari. When they drive a minivan... When are THEY gonna buy a Ferrari, that's what I want to know.

Viper Owner

Tell the boy down the street "cause the Ferrari doesn't hold the world record for the fastest car at Nurburgring and Laguna Seca and etc.":D:headbang::2tu:

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't owned my car long and i have already had a few people ask me when they see my car "Is that a corvette" I just smile and say no, its a Viper. Then they say something like well its nice what ever it is. Now i know everyone is not a car buff, but come on, what part of this car looks like a corvette?:dunno:
Does anyone one else run into this?

haha, that only happens when I'm with my buddy in his Gen 3, that's why Gen 2 Rocks!!!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Tell the boy down the street "cause the Ferrari doesn't hold the world record for the fastest car at Nurburgring and Laguna Seca and etc.":D:headbang::2tu:

Thats pretty close to the truth, and a cool come back. Dont forget about the Gumpert and the Porsche. Www dot fastestlaps dot c o m

OP
OP
J

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is for vpower01, i have an 02 GTS. And i agree, i would think the newer gens would get asked about being corvettes before gen 1 & 2's. But some people just don't know what they are cause they have never seen them before.
And sorry if this is a repost. I didn't check first. But its getting hits.

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's going to be more common with the Gen3-4, though I haven't had it happen to me (well, someone did say to me "it looks like a Corvette"). Keep in mind though that the Viper came out before the C6 and that people are stupid. I've heard people mistake a Lamborghini Diablo for "a Ferrari", a 300ZX for a Corvette, and a Porsche 911 for a Camaro (God only knows). Not to mention the huge list of cars of rare exotics that have elicited, "is that a kit car?" Educate the uneducated, but I wouldn't take it seriously.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe it or not I get asked if its a Jag???? for some odd reason even MORE then a vette, I agree with Zentenk 100%, dodge BETTER bump up the hype of the viper because alot of people dont know about it.

I also get asked "how fast does it go" which is why on my gen 2 my license plate says "260 MPH" so now I just point LOL

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not since I added Dodge Viper decal.

Decals or not apparently it doesn't matter lol. After taking off the stock blue emblems and adding chrome on the sides and silver on the rears to stand out more, people sometimes still ask what kind of car it is... How can they be that stupid?? It says it on the Fricken car! :dunno:

Attachments

• rearshot.jpg
    rearshot.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 13

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine has no emblems so people circle the car looking for some clue. Pete on the taillight doesn't help them at all. I have had a couple of "*** is it" questions. Then when I tell them it is 14 years old they can't believe it.
The car is definitely standing up to the test of time.

Ron
That is one of the coolest things about the Gen 1/2s. They just don't look that old. I always find it interesting that the Dodge Stealth which is only a few years older looks sooo much more dated.

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe it or not I get asked if its a Jag????

I was stopped at a red light and a lady (60ish) was next to me and she asked me if it was a Jag, I told her it was a Dodge Viper and her reply (oh my, this is the first time I have seen one)...It's nice to have a car that people don't usually see. Seeing a Viper on the road is more like a sighting...:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi