Door Latching Problem

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm taking my '94 to get the GG Heads and Cam installed and try to shut the drivers door, but as soon as it latches, it unlatches and opens. This is the second time I've had the problem, the first was last year at Carlisle in July. If I turn the car on and off a few times the problem seems to go away.

My first thought is a short circuit somewhere, but the issue of turning the car on and off to correct it doesn't seem to jive with that (at least not to me)

Has anyone had this problem on a Gen 1 before and/or how do I track down the problem?

Thanks,
V

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did somebody install a door popper? If so, have a look at the switch/relay (or wherever the 'open' signal comes from). It's probably the problem. But.............. Gen 1 door latches are basic little mechanical contraptions so nothing electrical should have anything to do with it.

OP
OP
V

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, probably should have included that .... door poppers are installed, but since I keep the roof on most of the time for track stuff and general foul weather I might just pull the plug on the poppers per say since they really don't pop with the roof on

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4