Drunk Driver rearended Hit and run

viperv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Myself and my wife were on our way home this past sat from new gretna, NJ. Approaching 42 north bound traffic was at a stall, suddenly I look in my rear view mirror. I heard tire marks, there is this person right on my bumpers at this point Im thinking what in the hell is this guy doing, traffic began to move once again,I look in my side mirror and hes lagging back not comming at, all of suddenly hes comming up the highway half on the road and half on the median, Im trying to keep my eyes on traffic and BANG the bastard rearends me sending my 180 around into moving traffic my front ends gets it. The bastard keeps going. The nice thing is these people stop tell me they called 911 on this guy with his plate no. just mins before he hit me. I was treated at the Cooper hospital in camden NJ. Hrs later they caught him in Philadephia and had taken him to the hospital Found out he was doped up and in LALA land When I looked in my mirror it look like he was messed up. The sad part the car I drove was my 1968 corvette I decided to keep the Viper home that day,Im very stessed out with this accident and serious whiplash at this point. Im very gratefull he didnt hit me the first time I believe me and my wife would have been Killed, Thank god for those people who called 911 on this BASTArd. NOW ITS TIME TO CALL LAWYERS

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear that. You might see what his insurance has to say to you before you pursue them with legal challenges. If you have documentation on the car and it's potential value, and details of your medical situation, there is a chance they could make a suitable offer without haggling about it. On the flip side though, I wouldn't have any idea what I'm signing and they could be screwing me all the way to their corporate golf course LOL.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
these thing always stink, sorry for your loss

the real physical pain usually shows up on the third day (sometime today)

be careful what you say to any insurance adjuster (yours or theirs), get your ducks in a row 1st: $ amounts, pain and suffering, etc.

and for the rest of society, do what you can to make the loser pay

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sue the sh+t out of him, PLEASE! For the good of society, if not for justices' sake.