Dyno Results From Paxton Install

SSR9999

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, just got back from my Paxton install at Woodhouse and the results are 570 TQ and 647 HP at the crank (dyno'd on a Mustang dyno).

What does everyone think? Is that on par with the basic Paxton kit with a SCT tune?

The mods that the car had prior to the installation were exhaust and B&B headers. The before installation dyno numbers i think were, according to Mark, 480hp at the wheels and 470 torque.

Thanks.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seems low to me

EDIT: didnt realize you had 40k miles on the clock of a creampuff. might be tuned lower to be really safe. id agree if thats the case.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sound about right,

Just in the middle of finishing up a paxton setup on a friends car, and got very similar results. The power numbers people are claiming on the forums seem to be on fantasy island dyno's. After speaking with several big tuners and seeing some paxton cars dyno same day and same time they are all in the low to mid 500 hp range at the wheels.

If you want more than that you will need to change the air intake which we build a custom one for, picked up nearly 50hp at the wheels. Beyond that you will need to up the boost or lean the car way out to make more power which is not worth it.

Good luck

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Those number are consistant with what we have seen as well.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, just got back from my Paxton install at Woodhouse and the results are 570 TQ and 647 HP at the crank (dyno'd on a Mustang dyno).

What does everyone think? Is that on par with the basic Paxton kit with a SCT tune?

The mods that the car had prior to the installation were exhaust and B&B headers. The before installation dyno numbers i think were, according to Mark, 480hp at the wheels and 470 torque.

Thanks.
How did you calculate the crankshaft numbers? Not knowing that leaves no possibility of a comparison.

As far as the comment about fantasy island I do disagree. We measured my Paxton car same day same dyno as a group of other Vipers. Both NA and charged. My car, with only exhaust mods in addition to the Paxton, made about 250 hp more than stock (at the wheels). That is 440-450 RWHP compared to 690 RWHP.

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks.

what year is your car

Reaction score
Sam's car also had a full set of under drive pulley's installed that we had to remove prior to the S/C. This had a little to do with the great before numbers. A Stock Gen2 motor is 450hp, add exhaust and you will gain 45-55 hp. When the S/C is installed on a stock car the gains are 170ish from stock. Just because the car has headers on top of this does not add those numbers together.

We checked out this motor before the first dyno and it was VERY healthy for 40K! compression and leak down were near perfect so it should make a good solid number. A/F finished out at 11.7-12.1 start to finish so without running it leaner that is the power it is going to make. Boost also was right where it would be with the mods done to the exhaust without raising the boost.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did you calculate the crankshaft numbers? Not knowing that leaves no possibility of a comparison.

As far as the comment about fantasy island I do disagree. We measured my Paxton car same day same dyno as a group of other Vipers. Both NA and charged. My car, with only exhaust mods in addition to the Paxton, made about 250 hp more than stock (at the wheels). That is 440-450 RWHP compared to 690 RWHP.

My point exactly did Tatoo do the dyno pulls?

MacManInfi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 97 made 596rwhp after the Paxton. Before the Paxton, it made 440 at the wheels. It also has Roller Rockers, Edelbrock Headers and Random Tech cats/exhaust. No additional tuning, just the straight Paxton kit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang