Dyno #'s for SRT+VEC3

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of working with a VCA member from LA who made the trip to Atlanta so that he could get his car tuned. This car had an arrow rebuild on the motor when the #3 rod bearing went out. Mods are exhaust, headers, green filters, and a VEC3.

The car (when the VEC was zeroed out) experienced the same odd a/f dip that we frequently see on the SRTs. We corrected this.

here's the dyno graph from the end of the session:

reggie1.jpg

Not bad for an almost-bone-stock car!

Joseph

OP
OP
J

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The before was all over the map. in-line with the that on Steve's car. The AFTER on this car (post cat) was ~13.0 across the board. it goes to 13.3 at one area but other than that it was low 13s. This particular car liked to be just above 13.0 on the dyno whereas Steve's car liked just under. On the other hand, it is all post-cats readings so we don't know the true A/F. We just know it is richer than what it appears to be.

See http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=604036 for a stock-looking curve and a modified one. :)

JD

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...believe it or not my RT/10 AFR is in the low 10's during WOT. I'm just beginning to get the tune going and hopefully I can get it nailed this coming week at Romar Racing. If not, I need to make a trip to Atlanta. :D Anyway, awesome work Joseph!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not bad, some cars need a good tune and I guess some dont. My buddies put down 496 rwhp with just headers and Corsa, no cats. He has stock tune.

But mine was way too rich and I ended up getting a tune and went from 466 to 487 rwhp after tune and removing cats, only other mods were Corsa and green filters.

RayC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any dyno numbers on motor after arrow rebuild. Most of the motors they rebuild produce higher than stock hp when they're done.

05Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD, I have an 05 with the mopar cam, exhaust and computer, if I made the trip up could you do anything with my tune or do I have to have the VEC3? I replaced the performance computer with the new performance computer to better handle the A/C so it is not the same one from my Dyno here. 456.9/467.6 af 11.5 were my numbers. I guess my question is: can a good tune be done on the mopar computer without VEC3?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang