Dyno tips, tricks, hints, things to know, etc

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm dyno'ing (is that a word) the snake very soon & wanted to see if there was anything I should know before hand. I'm going to a serious tuner shop, but they specialize in ricer's (I use the term affectionately as I appreciate them)and stangs, camaro's, etc., I don't know if they've done a viper before, but I've had my supercharged mustang done there & I trust them.

Anyway, any special words of wisdom to optimize my pull or to make sure I do that's special to the viper?

FYI, car has the mod's in my signature & 3500 miles.

thanks,

Dave.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure you have a fan pointed at the radiator. My car was/is very sensitive to heat, and would lose 20+ HP if the temp gauge climbed above about 200F. Leave the hood open but not blocking the air inlet. Dyno in 4th gear. Other than that, piece of cake.

Bill 96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep temps down. Disconnect the engine computer for a minute or so after one of the runs. Make a few full throttle run ups before you get to the dyno shop. Have fun.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Word has it that Jason Heffner is getting ready to install a new DynoJet dyno (don't ask me how I know!) at his shop in Maryland. I recommend waiting a few weeks and take it to him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21