Dyno'd 2010 Viper ACR Roadster

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Went to a local Dyno Day this weekend, and the Viper was a hit!

Dyno'd at 535 rwhp, bone stock. I was pleased - was expecting 515-520ish.

Lots of videos taken of it by people there... first one includes my other 2 SRTs and shots of the dyno monitor, dyno is a Super Flow, which is a middle-of-the road Dyno in terms of numbers in my experience (not as low as a Dyno Dynamics, not as high as a DynoJet).

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqh-XTGXzFQ[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFk46ycbbUM[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_snaKGaEms[/media]

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen4s are amazeing...you could do every bolt on mod available for a gen3 and be lucky to hit 510 rwhp.

jeolously wouldnt be half of how I feel

challenger&viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
nice # bro.

I have heard that gen4 is hard to be modded: it is okay to do some bolts but you can not add turbo,S/C, or Nitrus. Is that true ?

cruser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know the next time there is a local event like this, would have been fun to go to.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great numbers, Shine!
Looks like a fun day going nowhere. LOL

you could do every bolt on mod available for a gen3 and be lucky to hit 510 rwhp.
Ummmmmm.....not really.
I have almost 600 to the rears with only bolt-ons, in both the car and the truck.
I understand where you're going with the theory though.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice # bro.

I have heard that gen4 is hard to be modded: it is okay to do some bolts but you can not add turbo,S/C, or Nitrus. Is that true ?

Pretty much so...most of us do the Mopar PCM,headers,ported in-takes,HF Cats,closeout panel...ect....

OP
OP
S

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so, What is the gain after doing this for a GEN 4 viper??
what is the final number of HP?? do u feel big difference ?

I'm sure the tuners on here can elaborate, but 600+ is pretty easy to gain, and at least one shop I've seen advertise 700 whp N/A packages.

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so, What is the gain after doing this for a GEN 4 viper??
what is the final number of HP?? do u feel big difference ?

I'm at 587rwhp without the close out panel or mopar tune. I'm thinking of adding the Mopar PCM and cutting the cats to get me over 600rwhp:D

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool videos! How often do you head over to this place? Might need to make a road trip :)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have done a ton of N/A mods since the Gen IVs have been out, and the relatively simple stuff ( Belanger or ACR-X headers, PCM, polished intake, etc. ) will push you right close to 700 hp at the flywheel, but the simple question was can you feel it ----------------oh, hell yes you can feel it , ha!!!

We usually don't recommend alot more than this as , sure you can get even more, but then you have to take in the overall cost. Some gains beyond the above items generally are not super high, though the price is. Kind of seems , at least to us, that at a certain point it is more important to get the beast to hook up better, so often movement beyond the above is subjective to the driver/owner's desires. Myself , for example, I opted more for a Quaife than doing heads.

To answer one of the other questions, yes , you can get higher numbers, it just costs money, ha, but the Gen IV is a remarkable engine to work with.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

OP
OP
S

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is with the smoke coming out of the exhaust on the third video?

Good question, that may have been its first pull, which would make sense, as the puff comes at close to redline... may have just been some condensation blowing out. The later pulls didn't have the puff. Someone more intimate with the engine may be able to better explain, though. I could be wrong.

Cool videos! How often do you head over to this place? Might need to make a road trip :)

This was one of the dyno days put on by a local car forum, pretty good turnout and about 2 dozen cars hit the dyno, with probably another 100 people showing up to spectate. This forum only does one dyno day a year, but other groups do them at the same location as well. I'll let you (and Cruser, from his post up above) know next time there's one I'm going to.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool sounds good.

I think the VCA has one planned for the fall up north too.

OP
OP
S

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is a close out panel? I have the headers, PCM and 3.55 rear. Thanks

I'm with you, never even heard of a closout panel before. I see it in mjorgensen's pic, but does it increase performance? Looks more like engine dress up than something to help HP.

Reaction score
The panel directs more airflow through the radiator and keeps heat away from the intake air. This along with removing of the vents will help cooling and eliminate a small amount of front end lift at speed.

OP
OP
S

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The panel:

You must be registered for see images

I have done a little research today and apparently they are legitimate performance additions... strange that I've never seen or heard of them before now though.