EBAY Alert...This is good

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its cool he is telling people, but then looking for donations ? hmmm.. I dunno, ebay charged him $150 so far ? I guess he has run it a number of times ?? Who knows. But he is stating the obvious, aka common sense.

Jon

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The scam ad seems like a scam! Here's why. Why would someone run an info ad with a $50000 opening bid when insertion fees are based on it? All info ads usually run under $1. Why pay those ridiculous fees for listing in Ebay Motors -> Parts & Accessories -> Other? And then ask for support.

Sorry but I'm not gullible. Funnily he's doing nothing illegal by being a clever beggar.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are definitely lots of scams out there. In the last 2 months I have seen MY car on Ebay 5 times! Each time I have to email the Ebay "security" people to inform them of the fraudulent auction, they keep stealing the pictures from here:

http://www.suprastore.com/19trdwi95hks.html

Since then www.suprastore.com added the "watermark" you see on the pictures to prevent this from happening again.

I emailed the guy "auctioning" my car and he wanted me to send $7500 (shipping included which would of course be like $3000+ so this guy would have sold my Supra for $4500) to the Czech Republic (Prague) through Western Union. He said the send the $$$ in something like my own fater's name (recipient's name) then he would send the car to the US (which of course is in my own garage since I own it!). When I decided that I was happy with the car I would then change the name of the recipient to his name. He of course gave me the address the $$ was supposed to be sent to (though Western Union).

Some serious snakes out there.....

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its cool he is telling people, but then looking for donations ? hmmm.. I dunno, ebay charged him $150 so far ? I guess he has run it a number of times ?? Who knows. But he is stating the obvious, aka common sense.

Jon

The reason why he got charged $150 is because he started it at $50K, it will get the same exposure if he starts at $1. I emailed him to state the obvious, maybe that will cut his cost :smirk:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For somebody who has an ebay rating of 67, all of it being from selling, he should know better. I still maintain that he's a clever beggar.

Supra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 100%.....

For somebody who has an ebay rating of 67, all of it being from selling, he should know better. I still maintain that he's a clever beggar.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if I'm searching for a car, I'll start from the most expensive and go down so I don't have to look at all of the keychains and matchbox cars. He listed it high so people would actually see it. My 2 cents.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960