EBC Redstuff pads with temp sensor?

Dave149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up my new redstuff pads, and the fronts have a wire coming out the top of two of the pads (one for each side). I have never seen this before and couldn't find any info about it on the EBC website. Does anybody know what this is for? The only thing I could think of is a temp sensor, but I really don't know. I've attached a couple of pics.

Attachments

• 111-1109_IMG.JPG
    111-1109_IMG.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 111-1108_IMG.JPG
    111-1108_IMG.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 23

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That'd be my guess too. I'd stick an OHM meter on it, and heat the back up just to see. Really kinda a cool, though for us unused, feature.

OP
OP
D

Dave149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never seen an electronic wear sensor system before, but like I said, I have no idea.

RobZilla. They are for my Viper (front).

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If in doubt, call JonB at Partsrack to verify. I haven't installed them, yet, so I can't confirm cutting off the wire is the answer, seems likely. Good luck. - Tony

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The pads fit SOBs that DO use the wire. Just clip it as close to the backing plate as U can

If you get them from PARTSRACK there should be a sticker on the box to tell you that.
If you bought elsewhere, I was sure glad to help.........

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine from JonB, did not see the warning sticker and I just whacked it off next to the pad.No worries!!!!

OP
OP
D

Dave149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everybody!!
JonB, I didn't get them from you only because my local distributor could get them and shipping to Canada is extremely expensive. I will need to order a couple of things before spring from you though. I will give you a call soon.
RobZilla - The pads in the pictures on that webpage don't look like the pads on the car, but I think those pictures would be shown no matter what car you picked.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960