Elite Motorsports Side of the Story

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any times from last night BV?

If you didn't run the time on street tires, but put a set of et streets on and ran the time....would that count as the 10.5 package?

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
J,

No passes last night. I didn't get 18" wheels in my hands until 3:30 pm yesterday afternoon, no time to mount and make it there. I still need one more set of rear 18" to mount street E.T.'s. I think Friday night is the next open night at the strip. Hope to make it there then!

I don't care if it's street tires or street E.T.'s, I don't care if it's me or someone else driving, if the car makes a 10.5 pass, then it's all good in my book! Hell, I'll even consider a 10.6 or a 10.7 good enough just due to variables of temp, humidity, etc...

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
J,

No passes last night. I didn't get 18" wheels in my hands until 3:30 pm yesterday afternoon, no time to mount and make it there. I still need one more set of rear 18" to mount street E.T.'s. I think Friday night is the next open night at the strip. Hope to make it there then!

I think if you want to stay with 18" wheels you will be running drag radials. There are et streets in 17" and 16" sizes. If you will be going to the strip regularly maybe you need to go ahead and sign up on a set of Purner 16" with skinnies up front. Also be aware, et streets and radials up front on a Viper can be hazardous.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1Tony1 is right NEVER run radials tires in front and bias on the rear....It is a recipe for a crash.... best set up is: all radials on all 4's or all bias on all 4's.

Cudaman :usa:

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who wanted an update.....

It's Friday night and I'm back from the track. Not so good results. But not the fault of Elite.

I made one pass and parked it. I smoked the clutch through 2 and 1/2 gears.

At first I thought I was spinning the tries so I peddled the throttle to keep the R's down. But when I shifted to second and the R's went right back to 5,000 in a milisecond. So I peddled some more to keep the R's from wigging out. But I never felt much forward force. Hit third and it went right back to 5,000 R's. So I backed out of the run.

I pulled off on the return lane and jummped out of the car to look things over. Smoke, and that awefull unmistakable smell was comming out from under the car. I thought I might be on fire for a second. I lifted the hood, you know, to add oxgen to fuel the fire if there was one, it ended up being just smoke and that nasty smell, nothing more.

I rolled back to the pits and let it sit for about an hour and a half, then got in and drove her home. Strange thing is, she seemed okay on the drive home.

I only had one set of tires with me. I couldn't come up with a second set of wheels, so I chose to mount a set of 18" BF Goodrich G-Force Drag Radials. I dropped the pressure to 12PSI, heated them up a bit and I launched.

Only thing I can figure is the HP is high, and the Drag Radials had too much grip, so we found the weak point, the clutch. I wish I would have kept the pilots on for this first outing.

I have to figure what to do with the clutch. Was it a bad launch, is a stock clutch too weak for this much HP and drag racing? What would be the best thing to do? Will someone at VOI be able to replace mine with a strong raceable clutch while I'm there? If there is any Drag's going on at VOI, I'd like to be able to take part in it.

Even though it got home fine, I don't think I should hammer it without really looking at the clutch first.

CMilViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the update BadVenm! Sorry about your clutch, and look forward to you getting in some good runs soon!

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm... I don't want to get mixed up in this, but I would have thought the addition of a clutch strong enough to hold the higher torque would be a part of a 10.5 second package.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang