Elite Motorsports

Surly 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have purchased one of Elite's hoods from Scott and they have been promising to "crate and ship" my hood for over three months now. I quote my last correspondance from Joyce on July 29, 2004:

"Also, as we mentioned, due to the delay's, we will ship and crate your old hood at no cost to you."

Problem is............my hood is still there and I have no way to contact them now. Are there any local Tampa VCA members who would be willing to coordinate the retreival and shipping of my OEM hood back to Atlanta? I was hoping to avoid making the 9 hour trip each way if possible. If so, please PM me asap as time appears to be of the essence at present!

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Elite Motorsports phone number disconnected

That doesn't sound good.
Your more patient than I am :p I would make the 9 hour drive.

Cheers,
Chuck

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

See you know who I feel bad for is Sean Roe and Roe racing Sean is the most honest guy I ever met and Scott is selling Sean's charger and who knows how many times he's screwed people on the charger.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow, feel bad for all you guys who were dealing with Elite. Judging from the threads, I think eveyone seen this coming like a freight train, but that's no good when you're already standing on the tracks. :(

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just tried his 800 number. It rang through to his voice mail. His number is NOT disconnected.

Lou

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sad sad sad. scott always seemed like a nice guy too. i would have never seen this coming from a guy like him. glad my business was way back before he lost his mind

prosportsrep

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I see a lot of bad remarks about Elite and Scott on this site and my two cents is that they are simply not true. I spent a substantial amount of money with Scott on my 2000 RT10 getting SuperCharged and many many other upgrades. My feeling on Scott is he is very knowlegable and works very hard. Maybe the only knock on him is that he tries to do help as many viper owners as he can and takes on too much work and maybe the organization of the day to day is not there. He has been very good with me and I spoke with him again today. He spent 3 months building my car and will finish a few fine tuning things this Friday. I have not had any bad experiences with Scott and his work is very nice. I dont understand why so many people are on him. I would suggest him to anyone that wanted to build a first class viper. I am sorry so many people feel they were wrong but this simply is not my experience. He takes much longer to get back to people but that is because he is working on 13 cars at a time. Like I said, my only complaint is that he tries to get everyones car done when they want it and it does not always go as planned.

I spent $30K with him and the car is loud, fast, strong and very intimidating.. Exactly what I wanted. Sorry you guys are not happy. But his phone is on and he is avialable and working.

SilverBlueGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I see a lot of bad remarks about Elite and Scott on this site and my two cents is that they are simply not true. I spent a substantial amount of money with Scott on my 2000 RT10 getting SuperCharged and many many other upgrades. My feeling on Scott is he is very knowlegable and works very hard. Maybe the only knock on him is that he tries to do help as many viper owners as he can and takes on too much work and maybe the organization of the day to day is not there. He has been very good with me and I spoke with him again today. He spent 3 months building my car and will finish a few fine tuning things this Friday. I have not had any bad experiences with Scott and his work is very nice. I dont understand why so many people are on him. I would suggest him to anyone that wanted to build a first class viper. I am sorry so many people feel they were wrong but this simply is not my experience. He takes much longer to get back to people but that is because he is working on 13 cars at a time. Like I said, my only complaint is that he tries to get everyones car done when they want it and it does not always go as planned.

I spent $30K with him and the car is loud, fast, strong and very intimidating.. Exactly what I wanted. Sorry you guys are not happy. But his phone is on and he is avialable and working.

Well, I hope your situation turns out for the best. But hey so did a lot of other guys who gave the benefit of the doubt. Get 500-1000 miles on your motor after Scott is done with it and let us know how well it works.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Living in the tampa area seems to make a difference. I have not had any business with him, but when I call he answers and always says "come by and take a look". On the other hand, being a business manager myself, communication is always the first rule of a successful business. Seems like many of the people all over the forum are having a problem with communication with him. Unfortunately, I have now become afraid to do any business with him due to the problems others are having. I am now dealing with Arizona instead of a 25 minute drive!!!
BTW there are other "tuners" for vipers that are not the most business savvy either. Must be a Florida thing.

SilverBlueGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hemibeeb, if you are in FL you should contact Macedo Motorsports as they are competent, knowledgable and can be trusted. Just ask any Viper owner who has ever dealt with them.

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is just like [******], just becuase 1 person is happy does not negate the masses who are screwed. Do not be blinded by your success,, read the board, ask Gerald, ask Jon Dweyer who he owes money ro in VA, Ask Lou who he lied about pistons and when they were made , have you seen my pictures and so on.

Also,, what about all the blown motors, all the post in this forum and viper alley.

As far as you not understanding why so many people are on him,, have you read the posts,, Have you read all the posts where he has screwed people by not sending parts, or when he does, the parts are crap, or the wrong parts like exchangin another set of rims for HRE's becuase he thought the other set of rims were better (what kind of BS crap is thet)..

So, if you think he is great, good for you, if or when you have a problem I hope he fixes it. He has one satified customer, for anyone who want to see it, I have a Ebay rating, pretty funny how he gets knocked there also.

Mark Cooper, not afraid to post my name!

prosportsrep

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree and I think he would agree because I have had this conversation with him regarding communication. I explained that people want updates.... Had he told me it would be three months I would have at least knew that going in. I told him he needs to hire someone just to take calls. I believe from my conversations with him that he is going in that direction of brining more people into the fold.

I just dont believe that he is trying to do anyone wrong. Sure, I got frustrated many times but the end result was worth it. On the other hand, I took my 99 RT10 to a Dodge Garage and they rigged most of the parts with tie wraps and we all know how hot these things run. And, on top of that- they were far from cheap and gave me no discount at all. I have a Fluidyne 3 core and many other items put in. Get this, the Dodge Garage and the so called Viper Tech never gave me back my other radiator. I asked where my used parts where and they said in the dumpster. I told them I wanted them and they said that the dumpster got picked up that day. Come on, what are the chances of that? I can assure you my parts were on Ebay later that day.. I paid $5,500 for the labor and parts and got screwed.
I personally dont like his hoods so I opted not go have one. I like the OEM. I did see a newly build aread last week in his garage just for crating and shipping. A big step forward it appears for everyone on the site.
Sorry guys, not trying to build him up for no reason but he has done a very nice job on my car. Other than the time problem which was a issue because I wanted it back- he did great work and has taken time to make sure I have been happy.

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Believe what you want, but have you looked at the evidence presented?

Lou

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hemibeeb, if you are in FL you should contact Macedo Motorsports as they are competent, knowledgable and can be trusted. Just ask any Viper owner who has ever dealt with them.

I can not agree more SilverBlueGTS, Larry Macedo is the most trustworthy, honest individual it has been my pleasure to meet. About a year ago, I had to make a decision as to go with Scott at Elite or Larry Macedo at M2. Over the course of the last couple of months, it has become painfully clear that I made the RIGHT choice and have benefited from it in spades! Larry is not only my tuner but I consider him one of my very good friends :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agreed, Scott's a great guy. He's got a LOT of vipers in his shop and his phone rings NON STOP. I've seen it first hand. I think it went off at least 50x while I was there for 6 hours getting my new hood aligned.

I probably should have told Scott via PM about me being unhappy with the quality of the hood, but nonetheless.. The product you sell represents your quality of service, etc. If I had my choice and seen the hood upclose before purchasing, I would have never sold my original hood.

I hope it all works out with everyone....

Until then.....peace...

Gerald

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Living in the tampa area seems to make a difference. I have not had any business with him, but when I call he answers and always says "come by and take a look". On the other hand, being a business manager myself, communication is always the first rule of a successful business. Seems like many of the people all over the forum are having a problem with communication with him. Unfortunately, I have now become afraid to do any business with him due to the problems others are having. I am now dealing with Arizona instead of a 25 minute drive!!!
BTW there are other "tuners" for vipers that are not the most business savvy either. Must be a Florida thing.

"Must be a Florida thing" ...not to call you out ....BUT I AM..... THERE are MANY very confident tuners in Florida (not make any mention of the one in this post)....to name a few: Macedo, Roe, and DLM.

Cudaman :usa:
Ward Reasoner

Owner of a business established in 1881 recognized by the state of Florida and the governor twice.... go to the Tampa fairground and look in the Agriculture hall of fame and see who was inducted into the first two years. So your "Florida thing" must be the way YOU conduct your business, BUT it is NOT the way myself nor Macedo, Roe, and DLM conduct their business.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My best experience dealing with a Florida tuner has been Doug Levin. He always returns my calls and answers my questions and I ask a lot of them :D He overbuilt my car and I can't tell you how much I appreciate doing business with him. I hope you all have as good of an experience with the tuner of your choice :2tu:

-Lou

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Cudaman, you beat me to it.
owner Brennan Video and film (specializing in film, live TV and sports production)

owner Brennan Development Group (small residential and industrial building development)

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I am a FLORIDA native-35 years.

I LOVE FLORIDA.

You must not be a builder. I tried for 11 months to get a home builder to talk to me about buiding a house. Try to get a return phone call! Then when I did get a builder, that was fantastic, his subs had a bunch of beach/whatever days off that added 3 months to the process.

The three viper tuners you mentioned CUDAMAN are not part of the ones that I tried to work with.

After living in FLORIDA for all 35 years, I do most of my own work including Engine,chassis,paint/body myself so that I don't have to wait for 11 months for a return phone call.

Sorry CUDAMAN for stepping on your toes, but I was born in Dunedin and the house thing really is a sore subject. The work force does tend to be a bit "relaxed" and I have dealt with similar situations my entire life. Heck, maybe Florida is better than other states, this is the only place I have ever lived?

prosportsrep

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ward

I may have misread your comment? You say you are calling me out? For what? The way I conduct business or a "Viper Tuner"? I have not idea what you are talking about? I dont work on Viper's? Why would you comment about my personal business and how I conduct it? I run a very respectable sports marketing firm and have done so for 14 years. I dont understand the comment????
I have dont nothing but support the VCA, pay my dues, supports Dodge by purchasing and enhancing "MY" vehicles which is my choice. I dont understand why you seem to attack me personally? Did I misread your comment? Please explain.

Kristian

prosportsrep

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck

good to see you here. We met at the pizza place on Howard.... I was driving the 99 black on black RT10 and we spoke at your table. Since, i purhcased a 2000 RT10 and had Scott do a lot of work on it. I never participated in this part of the VCA page until today and feel bad so many people have bad things to say about Scott. You know from our brief conversation that I am serious about my cars and love the club. Hope your doing well.
Kristian

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kristian I was calling you out on the "Florida thing" ...your implication is "all Florida tuners" do bad work.... Which I addressed in my previous post. Secondly by saying the "Florida thing" you implied that Floridians do not conduct their business professionaly....because of your bad experience with your GC(general contractor).

I am a landscape contractor, I have heard every good and bad story about the constructions of homes. Some contractors take the cheapest subs they can get and pay him slowly and or treat him poorly. But there is many very good GC's that have excellent subs and build a house on time. But this is true of every trade....Good and Bad as well as Viper tuners.

I was just offended by your generalization of Florida business pratices...which I am a fourth generation of my family living and conducting business in the same town and state of Florida for over 123 years.

I did not think you were a Viper tuner or tech. My feathers are no longer ruffled...maybe what you said and what you meant to say were two different things especially when it come to the analogy between GC's and Viper tuners

Cudaman :usa:

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Doesn't Doug Levin have one customer's car in his possession that has been waiting on a supercharger for over a year now? Sorry if I got my fact wrong, I just recall a post on here a while back about someone not getting their car and the continued delays.

OP
OP
S

Surly 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Everyone, just to set the record straight, I called on Elite yesterday to attempt to retrieve my 2000 RT/10 OEM hood yesterday twice. As I have their number programmed onto both my cell and office phone, I was sure that I dialed the right number on both occasions. The operator recording said (on both occasions from each phone) "you have reached a number that has been disconnected". The reason I put out the post was that I'd like to get my hood back asap before anything like this may happen. Scott e-mailed me last night appologising for the continued delay stating that he has been in Port Charlotte working on the hurricane recovery. Now I don't have anything against Scott or Elite, but a simple phone call every once in a while would have and will take care of the majority of complaints that I read against them. Communication is everything in the service business. In closing, Yes Elite is open for business and this was just a wake up call for me that I shared with you all.

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Scott was working yesterday. My customer got a hold of Joyce and then talked to Scott. He is suppose to be send out my customers old parts to me this week. My customer didn't want to carry them accross the border when he came back

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Everyone, just to set the record straight, I called on Elite yesterday to attempt to retrieve my 2000 RT/10 OEM hood yesterday twice. As I have their number programmed onto both my cell and office phone, I was sure that I dialed the right number on both occasions. The operator recording said (on both occasions from each phone) "you have reached a number that has been disconnected". The reason I put out the post was that I'd like to get my hood back asap before anything like this may happen. Scott e-mailed me last night appologising for the continued delay stating that he has been in Port Charlotte working on the hurricane recovery. Now I don't have anything against Scott or Elite, but a simple phone call every once in a while would have and will take care of the majority of complaints that I read against them. Communication is everything in the service business. In closing, Yes Elite is open for business and this was just a wake up call for me that I shared with you all.

You are in the middle of getting screwed. Can you feel it?