Every time Viper goes to City Cops stop me

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im tired of this BS!

A year ago I got pulled over 4 times in the same month. Each time while cruising in Honolulu. One of them even pulled me over and asked how I could afford the car?!

Since a year ago I figured to just stay away while in the viper. Strangly enoug while in my ram/jeep/kia or nissan I never get pulled over while cruising through the city.

SERIOUSLY....Im tired of this.

I argued with this ******** clown for 15 minutes over a make belieave speeding ticket. He even tried to say that I evaded him because I continued to drive after he said to stop.

The clown was wearing a orange vest at 1AM in the morning in a dimly lit area surrounded by a bunch of construction workers also wearing orange and yells somthing as I drive by.

I assume one of the construction workers just yeld at me to slow down and I do slow down and continue on my way.

3 minutes later this idiot pulls me over and comes running up to my car like he just caught Rodney King and puts his hands inside my vehicle ect. and gets nose to nose with me. Then tells me how there are 35 mph sighns posted after I clearly had seen 45 mph sighns.

I argue with him some more about the posted speed limit and ask him to ****** me to the posted speed limit sighns that say 35 mph. He says he dosent have time to argue with me and he'll see me in court if I dont pay it. Well I had all night to argue and asked to speak with his SGT. This clown fakes like he just got somthing urgent over the radio and runs off and jumps in his car hitting the blue lights and just speeds away

Truth be told I myself have pulled over officers from his agency and I have always shown them respect. But I dont seem to get it in return.

Instead my Viper seems to be a rolling Bulls eye.

:dunno:And yes I suppose this means Yellow truly does get the most attention.

I have respect for LEO's. No doubt. But some people despite their profession are just peices of work

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess that's one of the benefits of owning a Viper. You get attention whether you want it or not. :dunno:

Seriously, when I'm out driving I expect cops to stare because they're looking for an excuse to pull you over. You just have to be extra careful and drive like somebodies watching you all the time.

When we had the VOI here a few years ago in the morning a line of snakes drove out to the Chrysler proving grounds and I'm sure got a lot of attention. By the time we left there to go to Milan the call got out and there were swarms of cops all over the place. They busted a few unlucky drivers. I'm sure the conversation at the station was "hey Charlie there's some Viper convention in town let's go get us some Viper skins... yee haw!"

Big Al

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When ever I drive my SRT I expect the police to stop me before any other cars, as it would give them some bragging rights at the coffee shop. Caught a Viper today sounds a lot better than I gave a ticket to a Kia.
So far they have left me alone (touch wood).

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am with ya'.

Last summer I got pulled over so many times it wasn't even funny anymore. I had moms in mini vans and grandpa's in cadillacs all passing me, while I am driving EXACTLY at the speed limit.

I got stopped going 61mph in a 60 last summer. Yeh.

Last year with the IL VCA there were 31 of us stopped, seriously...no front plates. He RACED past all of us on a 2 lane road to stop the leader hahaa! Here's a pic right before we got stopped-

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your getting pulled over this much in the viper, imagine what it'll be like in the lambo your considering.

Sport cars a target, especially one as nice as a viper. Cops can spot you a mile away just by looking at your headlights (sport cars have wider bodies = headlights further apart).

As GTSnake said, drive like te cops are watching.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While I have always thought most cops are "jobless" pricks (no offense to good ones, I seem to always run across this type), the only time a cop said something to me in the Viper was on a cold day and I have the windows out. He rolled down his window and said "aren't you cold!?" and laughed, seemed like a nice guy, but that is rare for me :(

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I have always thought most cops are "jobless" pricks (no offense to good ones, I seem to always run across this type), the only time a cop said something to me in the Viper was on a cold day and I have the windows out. He rolled down his window and said "aren't you cold!?" and laughed, seemed like a nice guy, but that is rare for me :(

I remember I was at a main intersection on a hill waiting for the light to change..A cop pulled up next to me, stared over at me and said "Rip It!" I looked over, smiled and laughed. Of course I didn't.. because I wasn't sure if he was testing me to see if I would actually do it and give me a ticket lol..Eitherway, I definitely thought it was cool, especially hearing it come from a cop :smirk:

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im tired of this BS!

A year ago I got pulled over 4 times in the same month. Each time while cruising in Honolulu. One of them even pulled me over and asked how I could afford the car?!

Since a year ago I figured to just stay away while in the viper. Strangly enoug while in my ram/jeep/kia or nissan I never get pulled over while cruising through the city.

I argued with this ******** clown for 15 minutes over a make belieave speeding ticket. He even tried to say that I evaded him because I continued to drive after he said to stop.

The clown was wearing a orange vest at 1AM in the morning in a dimly lit area surrounded by a bunch of construction workers also wearing orange and yells somthing as I drive by.

I assume one of the construction workers just yeld at me to slow down and I do slow down and continue on my way.

3 minutes later this idiot pulls me over and comes running up to my car like he just caught Rodney King and puts his hands inside my vehicle ect. and gets nose to nose with me. Then tells me how there are 35 mph sighns posted after I clearly had seen 45 mph sighns.

I argue with him some more about the posted speed limit and ask him to ****** me to the posted speed limit sighns that say 35 mph. He says he dosent have time to argue with me and he'll see me in court if I dont pay it. Well I had all night to argue and asked to speak with his SGT. This clown fakes like he just got somthing urgent over the radio and runs off and jumps in his car hitting the blue lights and just speeds away

Truth be told I myself have pulled over officers from his agency and I have always shown them respect. But I dont seem to get it in return.

I have respect for LEO's. No doubt. But some people despite their profession are just peices of work

Wait, aren't you in law enforcement?

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When ever I drive my SRT I expect the police to stop me before any other cars, as it would give them some bragging rights at the coffee shop. Caught a Viper today sounds a lot better than I gave a ticket to a Kia.
So far they have left me alone (touch wood).

I hear ya Big Al, I got pulled over while driving in the middle lane of I-80 I was being passed on both sides and as we went under an overpass I saw him on the right shoulder, he hit the lights pulled out into traffic and had to weave in and out of traffic to drop in behind me and light me up, I had the windows down, pulled over and when he came up to the passenger window I shut the car off and took my sunglasses off so I could look him eye to eye. He said I was doing 85+ which I know I wasn't, I told him I was in the middle lane just flowing with traffic and since I was driving into the sun I wasn't paying attention to the speedo. I have a retired USAF frame around my rear plate, no front plate at all. He ran my license and came back to thank me for my military service and to keep it below 75 mph and CHP SHOULD leave me alone, and oh yeah, cool car. I was in my work uniform so he knew I was an average joe. I thought I was getting a ticket for sure though, I'm glad it didn't turn out that way. Take care. Jeff

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever pulled you over for that should be fired. For one, that's not fast.. and two, 1mph over? That's ridiculous and completely unnecessary.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite certain you can't rightfully get a ticket for that because that is not really a discernable speed difference. For instance, the temperature outside can change your tire pressure, therefore sidewall height, and in turn give you a different speedo reading. From what I've heard, it must be atleast 5-10 mph over to be considered reasonable. I would seriously doubt any judge would stand behind an officer trying to give a citation for 1 mph over the limit.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will probably jinx myself for posting this...I haven't been pulled over driving any of my cars in 6 years. The last 4 years include 43K miles of Viper driving. Didn't say I always kept it under the limit but I have been very diligent while driving. I have had a few close calls where I thought I was busted but all in all I have been very fortunate.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever happened to " Professional Courtesy"?

I know here in Ontario the Regional police and the Provincial police stay well away from each other. There is some type of rivalry or resentment going on. Regional police try to stay off the Provincial highways to avoid the O.P.P.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
There are two PA State Troopers in my [small] development. Our kids play together. When I got the Viper last year, I took one guy for a ride. He suggested we find out when the other would be shooting radar and blow by him at a high rate of speed just for giggles. We haven't done that, but it would be funny.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I am one of the opposites.

I have been stopped for doing some stupid stuff, and because I wasn't a **** and he liked my car, he gave me a warning. No problems.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im tired of this BS!

Next time you get pulled over tell the cop you paid for the car buy sueing a police officer for harassment.

PS. Sign*

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been followed by law enforcement a few times. Sure they run my plate for outstandings,,,see I'm not wanted and my age, and then just pass me by :)

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are two PA State Troopers in my [small] development. Our kids play together. When I got the Viper last year, I took one guy for a ride. He suggested we find out when the other would be shooting radar and blow by him at a high rate of speed just for giggles. We haven't done that, but it would be funny.

That would be fun!!!

One most fun moments that I have had in Viper was something along these lines. I wrote it up somewhere on the blog before. It was before I had my own. I scheduled a ride along with my CHP buddy and Maurice Liang. We met at the CHP station, did the whole shift briefing like you see on CHiPs and went out to hunt some bad guys. Later we went to Maurices house to pick up one of his Vipers for a photo shoot. When we were done, we were heading back to Maurice's house to drop of his RT/10. I am driving, Maurice is snapping away while we follow Dean in his CHP Cruiser. Around the cruiser is a sea of tranquility where all is well, meaning he can change lanes immediately and no one blocks his path. We are coming up to an interchange and we are in the wrong lane ( 8 lanes of traffic). Not a problem for Dean but by the time I work through the crowd I have to accelerate to over 90mph to jump into the only opening available or miss the ramp. That spot was right behind the cruiser. All the surrounding drivers saw, was a red viper closing in a Highway Patrol car at high rate of speed and then tuck in behind him to take make the 2 lane ramp. It was hilarious....the looks of the surrounding drivers were priceless. As we exited the ramp I passed Dean and then tucked in front of him. Dean flipped on the lights and I kept on driving. while Maurice spun around and continued to take pictures. There were a lot of confused drivers that day...great fun! Oh yeah, I almost forgot, that was the first time that I drove a Viper!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever pulled you over for that should be fired. For one, that's not fast.. and two, 1mph over? That's ridiculous and completely unnecessary.

Totally.

I saw him BEHIND me, I kept it AT 60, he pulls up right NEXT to me, cruised by me for a bit and the SECOND my nose passed the front of his car he put his lights on. He even admitted he clocked me at 61:lmao:

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been pulled for 1 mph over the speed limit years ago in a black Corvette... then got a ticket for no front plate (in OH).

********!

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. You only get noticed in the first place because of the Viper, which is expected...but come on, ticketed for barely going over the speed limit and having no front plate? These specific cops must have nothing to do?(and I mean no disrespect to Police Officers in general) I understand it's against the law, but so is J Walking, or at least it was at one point in time and you never got in trouble for it... Anyway, if it was just any random car, most of the time(not always) they wouldn't even bother you even if you were going slightly over the speed limit or had no front plate. It's the real A$$holes, who have nothing better to do then to stop you for no reason(and yes, going within 5mph over the speed limit and having no front plate LOGICALLY isn't really a fair reason to pull someone over. I can understand getting a ticket or being pulled over for something that truly matters, but this is just BS.

Totally.

I saw him BEHIND me, I kept it AT 60, he pulls up right NEXT to me, cruised by me for a bit and the SECOND my nose passed the front of his car he put his lights on. He even admitted he clocked me at 61:lmao:

I've been pulled for 1 mph over the speed limit years ago in a black Corvette... then got a ticket for no front plate (in OH).

********!

Husker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was pulled over and given a warning when I was in college. While driving my 74 Charger on the Interstate, a patrol car was running just below the speed limit. I was watching my speed carefully as I catch up and sloooowly pass by him in the lane next to him so that I would not get pulled over.

Just as I get in front of him he pulls in behind me and pulls me over for ...you guessed it...speeding. I may have been 1 - 3 mph over the limit tops. I asked him what I should have done in a situation like this in the future, all I remember is him saying "Stay below the speed limit".

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In BC where I live, the law gives too much authority to LE to conduct themselves:rolleyes:.The traffic enforcers don't have to have proof of radar readouts at all either, so they're judge and jury in one:crazy2:.And yes.you can be ticketed going just 1 mph over the posted speed limit.It's ridiculous for them to tell anyone driving below the speed limit and then you'll be fine.Why set a speed limit if you have to walk on eggshells to stay on that fine line.Got pulled over in my Vette long time ago by a m/c cop, telling me that the nose of my car has past 10" of the imaginary line of the Stop sign:rolaugh:.My son was pulled over twice within two hours going through the Golden Ears bridge both ways.One cop did a U turn to check him out [ he's 21]and got a warning only for no front plates in both instances.I got pulled over last year [ was caught 142kmph in 100 kmph zone ] on a deserted highway,and let off on a lesser charge [42kmph over= $1300 ] of $192 . We chatted a little while writing me up,and complimented on the car,telling me he's fully aware of us driving cars like these will go over the limit here and there:lmao:.As we chatted,the Corvette club of ca 30 flew by at excessive speed, pulled over by four cop cars hiding behind shrubs at the entrance of Sunshine Walley road I know very well:nono:.

One day a lawyer will get pizzed off getting a bogus ticket, install one of these gadgets, be able to persuade judges to change this ridiculous zero tolerance laws:dunno:.
Continuous recording of vehicle speed and location:2tu:
Spy Chest: GPS Tracking | Car Tracker | Car Camera | Hidden Camera | Spy Camera| Spy Cam | Phone and Voice Recorders

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
In PA, State Troopers have to give you a 4 MPH buffer with radar. Local police cannot use radar, so they use Vascar, which requires a 10 MPH buffer.

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was pulled over once in my small town area for driving to perfect in my Denali, Exact speed limit, full stops, turn signals used, and staying in my lane. Said driving like that made me suspicious like I had something to hide.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
TWISTER: Just Get a Rent-a Car plate frame or sticker !!!

.....Last summer I got pulled over so many times it wasn't even funny anymore. Last year with the IL VCA there were 31 of us stopped, seriously...no front plates. He RACED past all of us on a 2 lane road to stop the leader.

I guess that 'Splains the run I had on 20 plate brackets to IL one week last year !!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang