excited vipers owners who are in D status (or beyond)

jm24ond6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My ACR is now in J status. I have a pretty basic question. My belief is that it now goes to prefix (pretty sure, lol). Then does it actually ship from Prefix, or does it then go back to CAAP?

Quickchickleslie, I don't have the number for CAAP, but I do have the info line for Chrysler. It's 1-800-992-1997. I call this number to get the build status. You just need the last 8 of the VIN. Good luck, hopefully you get yours soon.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I'll chime in here.

I have a black ACR with the red stripe on order. The dealer told me 2 weeks ago today that the car was 'on the truck'. There's still no car.

Once he said the car was on the truck I got insurance and a rather large cheque. Two weeks later everything still sits on my desk... waiting, waiting, waiting....

I live in Calgary and the car is arriving in Edmonton - 3 hours away. I plan to drive it back but as the season winds down snow can fall any day....

At first I was excited! Then I was befuddled and now I'm getting angry. Why did they say it was on the truck when it wasn't?

If the delivery was next week but he didn't say anything there would be no problem. It's just that he said the car would be here more than a week ago - likely during the long weekend. This caused me to start getting the paper work together so I could pick it up ASAP once it arrived.

SERIOUS!!! MY PHONE JUST RANG>>>>> IT"S ARRIVED!

BYE!

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I'll chime in here.

I have a black ACR with the red stripe on order. The dealer told me 2 weeks ago today that the car was 'on the truck'. There's still no car.

Once he said the car was on the truck I got insurance and a rather large cheque. Two weeks later everything still sits on my desk... waiting, waiting, waiting....

I live in Calgary and the car is arriving in Edmonton - 3 hours away. I plan to drive it back but as the season winds down snow can fall any day....

At first I was excited! Then I was befuddled and now I'm getting angry. Why did they say it was on the truck when it wasn't?

If the delivery was next week but he didn't say anything there would be no problem. It's just that he said the car would be here more than a week ago - likely during the long weekend. This caused me to start getting the paper work together so I could pick it up ASAP once it arrived.

SERIOUS!!! MY PHONE JUST RANG>>>>> IT"S ARRIVED!

BYE!

Whew! OK. I'm driving up to Edmonton tomorrow to pick it up.:D The forecast is for rain all day in both cities - damn. Oh well, I'd rather have the car on a rainy day than not have it for even one more day.

I'll post some pics in another thread after I get back. It's so close I can taste it.

BTW, he called as they were unloading the car from the truck and he said a crown had gathered!:headbang:

Wish me luck in the rain.

Greg

V

Venomiss

Whew! OK. I'm driving up to Edmonton tomorrow to pick it up.:D The forecast is for rain all day in both cities - damn. Oh well, I'd rather have the car on a rainy day than not have it for even one more day.

I'll post some pics in another thread after I get back. It's so close I can taste it.

BTW, he called as they were unloading the car from the truck and he said a crown had gathered!:headbang:

Wish me luck in the rain.

Greg

Good luck and pictures!!!!!!

Jim C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm currently waiting for mine (red/black). Currently the dealer says the status is "...Viper is built but waiting for the driver stripe to be installed by another company". I would imagine that would have to mean that the ACR stuff has been installed by Prefix... does anyone know what steps happen now?

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm currently waiting for mine (red/black). Currently the dealer says the status is "...Viper is built but waiting for the driver stripe to be installed by another company". I would imagine that would have to mean that the ACR stuff has been installed by Prefix... does anyone know what steps happen now?

Stripes and ACR stuff are done by Prefix. Often there is a delay at Prefix as they wait on the ACR parts to come in. After it finishes up at Prefix, they ship it back over to CAAP for any final inspections and then it waits to be put on a truck and sent to a dealer near you.

Hope that helps a little. Hang in there. Trust me, while it is often a long wait, it is well worth it.

Jim C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

It usually snows here sometime between the mid and end of October. It looks like I won't get it before then, which means I'll own it for about six months before I get to drive it... (whine). Oh well, at least when it arrives I can sit in it in my garage making engine noises like I'm 8 years old.

Stripes and ACR stuff are done by Prefix. Often there is a delay at Prefix as they wait on the ACR parts to come in. After it finishes up at Prefix, they ship it back over to CAAP for any final inspections and then it waits to be put on a truck and sent to a dealer near you.

Hope that helps a little. Hang in there. Trust me, while it is often a long wait, it is well worth it.

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got my all black ACR in early September. My order date was Feb 3rd I think.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my all black ACR in early September. My order date was Feb 3rd I think.

YES you certainly did...and what a BEAUT it is!!!! :headbang: PICS...PICS....PICS!!! (Actually there ARE pictures of your ACR under the OCC picture thread) ~juli
**LOVE what you're doing with the ALL-BLACK THEME...my fantasy VIPER!**

THughes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brad, my car went to KZ at the same time, I bet they are on the same truck going to the house of Wood. My car is Viper Violet with the black center, what color are you waiting on?

Ted

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '08, ordered who knows how long ago, is 100 miles from my door. :headbang::headbang:

At least it is only 100 miles from your door. My Red/Black ACR which was ordered Dec 07 has been in J status since the end of August & neither USA Chrysler customer service or "India" customer service can't give me any additional info.

Music, do you know if there is any way to contact the Connor Facility directly.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Al

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In order for you people to appreciate these cars you need to get away from them for awhile. It has been 15 months since I got rid of my '04 white mamba. Well this arrived today and it is insane. I know what I will be doing Saturday. :drive:

ACR_Delivery_003.JPG

ACR_Delivery_005.JPG

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In order for you people to appreciate these cars you need to get away from them for awhile. It has been 15 months since I got rid of my '04 white mamba. Well this arrived today and it is insane. I know what I will be doing Saturday. :drive:

ACR_Delivery_003.JPG

ACR_Delivery_005.JPG

We have the same car if yours is ******** (from Bill), did you get any mods done at Woodhouse, I had Mark install everything available.
Looks great:2tu:, I am off to my garage.

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We have the same car if yours is ******** (from Bill), did you get any mods done at Woodhouse, I had Mark install everything available.
Looks great:2tu:, I am off to my garage.

Mines not ********, I also didn't do the full bellanger system but everything else, motor/trans mounts, MGW shifter, Team Techs, tow hooks, rough track alignment. Well now I'm off to the garage. :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ACR_Delivery_003.JPG

ACR_Delivery_005.JPG

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: AWESOME!~~! TOTALLY ENJOY! Congratulations~~juli