excited vipers owners who are in D status (or beyond)

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to be negative but I will tell you Dodge is really lacking in their manufacturing/delivery process.I have had 6 porsches manufactured to my specs and they are so far advanced and dedicated to there delivery dates
Dodge seems like their attitude is you will get the car when ever we get around to it.Seem to be lacking any urgency what so ever.
Again,sorry to be negative.

I don't think this is negative, but rather (and sadly) realistic. Makes me feel bad for the dealers that are stretched too, especially since they likely take the blame from us, the consumer. I've got 2 dealers doing everyhting possible to help and they get nearly as cold a shoulder as me.

It's a bit frustrating to work so hard to be supportive of the VCA, when one small aspect of the Viper Ownership Experience (delivery) is so poorly coordinated. Delay is acceptable. It's the factory (not the dealer) silence and implied lack of concern that's so damn inappropriate.

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I actually did a combo of a. and c. I bought a 2002 RT/10 so I can have something to drive and enjoy until mine is finally delivered. At least I status is being built. I know some people are still in D1, so at least yours has been somewhat built.:)

If someone is in D1 they probably wont see the car until early 2009! I have an 09 SL63 but wont see my 08 ACR until the end of the year. Terrible.

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If someone is in D1 they probably wont see the car until early 2009! I have an 09 SL63 but wont see my 08 ACR until the end of the year. Terrible.

When will they start building '09's then? I would think that they would have them finished by Nov at the latest.

xlr8ion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What they should do to be fair to the buyers is start making all the cars 09's starting in sept.That way your car will not be a year old when you get it in oct-dec 08.

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what would they do with the 08 VIN number already assigned?

That 08 Vin No. is the problem. Since the 08 Vin No. has been assigned it has to manufactured as a 2008 Model--NOT a 2009. I saw this discussion in an early thread.

Of course I would prefer it to be a 2009 since I may not get it until Oct or Nov.

Al

ctr2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spoke to my new dodge dealer today, my old one went out of business last month, said my car is in J status, he said I'm lucky if I see my acr in 1 1/2-2 months. i told him they probably will be taking orders for the 09's, he said they probably would. I told hime I should get a "depreciation" discount if I don't get mine soon, i'll be thinking of selling my order through the dealer. I ordered mine in Nov. of last year !! What an F'ing joke ! Thanks Dodge for Nothing, as of now.

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I almost feel stupid for buying a new 08 model with no discount when its going to be a year old. I might pass if I dont have the car by Nov. and try again for an 09 or see what becomes available below sticker at the end of the year.

ctr2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone know if we as buyers have any recourse when their acr isn't delivered before the 09 model year ? one year of depreciation value is a hell of a lot of money, unless dodge is only building a very few number and not building any '09 acr's. any thoughts ?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quit whinning cry sulk crying pouting taking it south pouty wibble take it to the butt lips sad....your lucky to get an ACR at msrp.. why don't u take u're money and buy a GTR , ZR1 or even a porsche all at over msrp and all are slower...

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Quit whinning cry sulk crying pouting taking it south pouty wibble take it to the butt lips sad....your lucky to get an ACR at msrp.. why don't u take u're money and buy a GTR , ZR1 or even a porsche all at over msrp and all are slower...

weep weep weep. I will cry all I want. I want it now!

ctr2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought this site was for advice and info. I didn't expect getting such negative and sarcastic feedback when I was seeking advice about my now defunct dealer who told me that my car would be in my possession by May or June, the latest. Now, I'm looking at a delivery maybe in Sept. or Oct. at best. Has anybody contacted Dodge directly concerning such a tardy delivery day. Any help or contact info would be greatly appreciated

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would call Prefix. They can tell from your VIN if your car is in or out of their shop.

Other people telling me they are in the same boat on this thread makes me know that Im am not getting ****** around by my dealer. Weep weep weep.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought this site was for advice and info. I didn't expect getting such negative and sarcastic feedback when I was seeking advice about my now defunct dealer who told me that my car would be in my possession by May or June, the latest. Now, I'm looking at a delivery maybe in Sept. or Oct. at best. Has anybody contacted Dodge directly concerning such a tardy delivery day. Any help or contact info would be greatly appreciated
Sorry for that. This is an internet forum and we do have many characters that will most often brighten your day with their sarcasm.

Trust me when I say that it's all in good fun. (You might want to stay a bit further away from the Texas folk than most :D ).

Anyway, your dealer has a customer service liaison that he/she can contact and get an accurate status of your car with your VIN. The report is not terribly detailed, but you should prevail upon your dealer to get you a "factory status". You can also call Chrysler customer service yourself and bust their chops a bit to get the same report. 800 992.1997

Altogether a regular PIA....but maybe you can vent a bit. Good luck!

I'm pretty much at the end of my rope with my '08 delivery too!

ctr2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the advice. by the way, my car is in J status.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if u r in j status then i would not be suprised if u see the car by the end of the month at least by august....8 months of waiting is pretty reasonable

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While waiting for my ACR I bought a Challenger. This is a Great car.

Attachments

• 2008 CHALLENGER 008.jpg
    2008 CHALLENGER 008.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 16

pcc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in J status, but told no ACR or Aero cars are moving. Does anyone have any info? Does anyone have a contact name and number for Prefix?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on second hand info and some speculation, I believe there was some problem with the SRT (not ACR) aero installs. I don't know if it was parts related or design (as in improper down force or lift) related, but (again I'm making an educated speculation) I believe that they've worked it out and those cars will begin moving within the next few days.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Last edited:

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am disappointed that I haven't received my Red/ Black Int. ACR that I ordered in December (D-1 Status) but I also realize that the ACR is going to be a RARE . In fact, more RARE than a ZR1--Approx 175 vs 2000 so I am happy to purchase at MSRP. Dissappointed but not upset. I am going to patiently wait & be happy when delivered.

Al

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While waiting for my ACR I bought a Challenger. This is a Great car.

I have an 09 Hemi Orange 6 speed on order (Ordered June 16th & as yet has not been allocated-Status BX) & I am wondering which vehicle I will receive first. My Red/Black ACR (D-1 Status) or my Challenger SRT8. What do you think?

Al

ctr2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
has it been confirmed that there will definitely be an '09 ACR ?

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My brother called the 800 number from City Snake and was told he should have his ACR next week. I am going to hang tight on my order and hope to win the raffle at the same time. I might have two after all is said and done. One to destroy on the track and one to destroy on the track while the other is getting tires and brakes.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My brother called the 800 number from City Snake and was told he should have his ACR next week. I am going to hang tight on my order and hope to win the raffle at the same time. I might have two after all is said and done. One to destroy on the track and one to destroy on the track while the other is getting tires and brakes.

It WORKED??? :omg: :D
Son of a gun!:headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456