excited vipers owners who are in D status (or beyond)

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Snakecharmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My ACR went D1 three weeks ago and the plant just told me that it wouldn't frame until July 31. They don't expect it to be in deliery mode until September. Guess I'll track it next year.

imagine32000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How do we get in contact w/ the plant regarding information like that? I know I'm in D1 for my ACR, but aside from that, it'd be great to know something more specific.

- Matt

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hope I dont have to wait until september! I have been in D1 for three months now!

pcc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i went to D1 last week, I think the whole process of building cars by color and not by order is quite stupid and who ever thought of it should be fired.

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i went to D1 last week, I think the whole process of building cars by color and not by order is quite stupid and who ever thought of it should be fired.

merry christmas to us!!! I guess thats when our cars will be ready.:)

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually, getting less excited by the day ...ordered this $90k+ car over a year ago, and still no decent pictures of the colors involved from Dodge to determine if I've chosen the the right combos. :(

I'll guess I'll just walk away if I don't like the color combo when it finally arrives (August?).

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, getting less excited by the day ...ordered this $90k+ car over a year ago, and still no decent pictures of the colors involved from Dodge to determine if I've chosen the the right combos. :(

I'll guess I'll just walk away if I don't like the color combo when it finally arrives (August?).

what color and options did you order?

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That makes no sense. I assume your car went to D1 status. The ordering for 2008 vipers closed on February 28th. If you truly ordered a car two weeks ago it will be an 2009 and the paint schemes are different. There will be a diamond black with red stripe but obviously there are no build dates.

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its going to be painfull cutting a check for my ACR and then putting it in the garage for three+ months. Maybe I will put some snow tires on it.

just sit in the garage and hibernate with it....:) then after the big thaw......go enjoy.
i'm pretty sure that the pain of dropping that much cash will soon disolve, once you have the car in your hands.:2tu:

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My ACR has been in D1 with a VIN for a couple of months, I would of figured it would have been here already, I have no idea on delivery now.

Mopar_4_u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2008 Viper ACR: PRN w/ Driver's Stripe Option
Ordered 12/19/2007
Status: Went "D1" 05/23/2008 with a "Firm Month Day" of 08/12/2008

Customer, actually a Corvette guy, reminded me that ZR-1 allocation was announced and dropped another friendly reminder of how long this car has been on order for. I'm curious as to the production scheduling because if they are in fact building by color, than this car should have been one of the earlier ones as it is exactly like the "Raffle" car and the ACR that was doing the show circuit (Same car?). I had mentioned in an earlier thread that Dodge should offer some online order tracking like they are doing with this years Challengers but after using that tracking system I retract that proposal as it is less informative then our internal system. It might aswell of said "Congratulations Mr./Mrs, Customer... your order has reached the "Nice looking car on paper stage", you only have 6 more months to wait!

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ordered 12/19/2007

Customer, actually a Corvette guy, reminded me that ZR-1 allocation was announced and dropped another friendly reminder of how long this car has been on order for. I'm curious as to the production scheduling because if they are in fact building by color, than this car should have been one of the earlier ones as it is exactly like the "Raffle" car and the ACR that was doing the show circuit (Same car?). I had mentioned in an earlier thread that Dodge should offer some online order tracking like they are doing with this years Challengers but after using that tracking system I retract that proposal as it is less informative then our internal system. It might aswell of said "Congratulations Mr./Mrs, Customer... your order has reached the "Nice looking car on paper stage", you only have 6 more months to wait!

What is a firm month day? Is that the day its done or starts being built?

Been in D1 for three months and the earilest I hope to get the car is September. My brother has been in I for about the same amount of time and should get his in July/August.

Mopar_4_u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is a firm month day? Is that the day its done or starts being built?

Been in D1 for three months and the earilest I hope to get the car is September. My brother has been in I for about the same amount of time and should get his in July/August.

When I compare other "normal" vehicles "Firm Month Day" to their "Estimated Ship Date", the two are either the same or within a week of each other so I will assume that it is a Firm Ship Date. A vert we ordered, same color, on 05/08/2008 went "I" 6/16/2008 but it has a "Firm Month Day" of 6/11/2008 so now, having typed this out, it got me thinking a bit more. I did a comparison on some other SRT vehicles in KZ (fully trackable) status, and an 08 Challenger with a Firm Month Day of 06/03/2008 went "D1" 06/02/2008 and was built, "I" status, 06/04/2008, went "JB" (shipped to body vendor) 06/07/2008 until 06/09/2008, "JS" (shipped to storage) from 06/10/2008 until 06/11/2008 and then BACK to a vendor, "JB", for 06/12/2008 and finally to "JS" and "KZ"(plant release) on 06/13/2008. I know the ACRs get bounced around to different vendors (Saleen for paint?, Prefix for stripes) This contradicts my statement earlier and it appears the Firm Month Day is a production date (groan). I took the research a bit further and compared dates on a 2009 Journey that is in "KZ" status. It has an order date of 05/20/2008, a Firm Month Day of 06/09/2008 but it went "D1" 05/22/2008 and "KZ" 06/10/2008, close to the "Firm Month Day". Now that I am completely confused I would say that the only way you are going to receive accurate info is when a car officially goes "KZ", but with Vipers, this has proven to be an unreliable source because we just wait for the shipper to call. So, to paraphrase Viper order tracking, place your order (get em while you can!) and then wait for the dealer to receive a phone call from the truck driver delivering your Viper and he should be able to tell you your Viper is only HOURS away, how you fill the void, month, after month, after month is up to you!

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ordered 12/19/2007

I have the same Color Combination on order (Red w/black interior ACR with Driver's Stripe) ordered approx 12/13/07 & went to D-1 status approx 5/25/08 but according to my dealer there is no EST. COMPLETION DATE.

I also just ordered an 09 Challenger Hemi Orange SRT8 6 Speed. I am wondering which will be delivered first.

Al

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just went "I"! Its nice to be out of D1.

Did the status codes of E-Framing, F-Paint & G-Trim were not indicated on your report & it just jumped from D1 to I-unit is built pending final inspection- & then of course it goes to Prefix. When was the last time you checked with your dealer on the status prior to the I status?

Al

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did the status codes of E-Framing, F-Paint & G-Trim were not indicated on your report & it just jumped from D1 to I-unit is built pending final inspection- & then of course it goes to Prefix. When was the last time you checked with your dealer on the status prior to the I status?

Al

My Report did jump from D1 to I in the last week. My dealer had me in D1 as of Thursday last week. I was in D1 for about three months and expect to be in "I" for the same amount of time.

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Report did jump from D1 to I in the last week. My dealer had me in D1 as of Thursday last week. I was in D1 for about three months and expect to be in "I" for the same amount of time.

You probably mentioned in a prior email, but I don't remember: What is the color of your ACR?

Al

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee took delivery of a Black ACR with duel Red Stripes. He stated in Post #133 that he was in status I for 2 months.

Al

Yep, it takes a while. The DEALER makes a huge difference if you want to know what your order status REALLY is. I suspect the guys on this thread who have orders through our Viper friendly dealers will actually know what the real deal is. The 08's are sold out, ACR's are going to be beyond rare, we will learn why later, maybe limited availability of the Aero parts plus the fact that stripes and ALL aero has to go to Prefix, and I suspect that due to the sold out status of 08's Prefix might be overbooked. Not their fault and I can tell you the work is flawless. For those of you still waiting for an ACR it WILL be worth it.
A little something to tide you over.

ACR16.jpg

IMG_01133.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4