Fan Blower sqealing like a pig

Helinut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just had my 06 coupe serviced and one issue was my blower motor sqealing like a pig when the a/c is turned on. The viper tech said it needs a new motor, they tried oiling but it did not help. Of course the motor is on back order so here is my questions:
1. Is it a possible for a backyard mechanics to put in a new motor, namely me (I believe they said the dash has to be pulled).
2. Can I order the motor from someone else other than the factory.
If anyone has done this please let me know the does and donts...Thanks for any assistance in this matter.

Bigsalgt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had my 06 coupe serviced and one issue was my blower motor sqealing like a pig when the a/c is turned on. The viper tech said it needs a new motor, they tried oiling but it did not help. Of course the motor is on back order so here is my questions:
1. Is it a possible for a backyard mechanics to put in a new motor, namely me (I believe they said the dash has to be pulled).
2. Can I order the motor from someone else other than the factory.
If anyone has done this please let me know the does and donts...Thanks for any assistance in this matter.
Was about to advise you to contact Chuck Tator, of Tator's Garage...

The heater-A/C fan motors are NOT on back order!

1> Yes
2> http://forums.viperclub.org/vendor-review-tators-garage/
...But the Wizard beat me to you! :2tu:

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's an easy fix.It's just kinda tight getting yourself into the foot well to do it.Mine was making a little chirp,took it out oiled it,fine ever since.