Fastest I have Driven my Viper

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
194 mph on a toll road, day time, dry, and zero traffic, heavily modded with stock gears. After changing to 3:45 gears for short tracks = much slower!
If you have 600RWHP you should pull 6th gear with 3.45s over 200mph...Yes? :confused: :confused:

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My fastest so far to date is 93mph as I am afraid of paint flaking off my pre-creampuff 99 Gen II. Rumor has it that flaking starts to occur at 95 mph and I am not willing to take that kind of a risk.

KMODStang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did 155 one morning on hwy 280 when nobody was around, but that is really rare here. There are not many chances to get higher than that without endangering other people. I did some really cool 0-60 and 0-100 tests recently, and I got 0-60 in 3.5 and 0-100 in 7.8 I did the tests without any high tech gadgets. But I think the accuracy is pretty repeatable. This is where the fun is. I usually always do a few of these every time I'm out in the car. I'd love to try 200, but don't no where I could do it, and afraid of the consequences.

I was on my way back from Atlantic City today and I saw a Jeep Cherokee dipping through traffic doing at least 110 - 115. He blew by us while we were doing a little over 90 with pretty heavy traffic. I have hit 135 in my mustang, but I didn't trust the suspension beyond that point. I wish I had a viper to hit 160+...not just 88mph

WICKDXS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just took delivery on my RT/10 in late October, so I only did the mandatory "Mash The Peddle" test. Where I hit 125 at the same spot my vette was doing 98 on a straight stretch of seldom used pavement near where I live, then the K band triggered; no officer to be found though...whew :crazy:

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just read through this entire thread and frankly I know that there must be a whole lot of people who just aren't speaking up. Where are all those guys who give out the sage advise to those who happen to post they just got a speeding ticket with "Don't speed if you don't want a ticket"? And where are all those guys who blast those who happen to post that they had a little fun on the road with their Vipers and label them as irresponsible drivers? Those guys should speak up because their max speed in their Vipers must be no more than the posted speed limits (with the exception being on sanctioned tracks of course).

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
185 in my previous GTS, 170 in the SRT with the top down... More to go in both cars, but ran out of good road both times.

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
25mph on school zone
35-45mph on regular road
55mph on parkway
65mph on I287
:nana: :nana: :nana:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads