ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the story:

I had posted several threads looking for various Vipers:

1) 2006 Blue Verts
2) 2005 Commemorative
3) 2009 White / Red stripes

I finally ran across a Commemorative that was local in Queens NY. I took a ride up there to check it out and saw that it has been in storage in the garage for the last two years. It was 'off the road', no plates, registration, or insurance. It also only had 860 miles on it. This was both great, and also worrisome at the same time, since you wonder what the story was.

The owner told me he bought it from Woodhouse Dodge, and had it shipped to NY. I contacted Woodhouse on this site, and he confirmed the story. Sold with 4 miles on it. Like many 2005 verts, it's in service date was very late, Fall 2007! This is number 96/100.

After 3 attempts to get the car inspected at Tator's Dodge (seller had issues with the car being towed so far away), I finally had to get it inspected more locally at Bayside Dodge. They let me look at the car with the techs, not that I really knew what to look for..., and the car looked to be in excellent shape all around. So I bought the car. Some inspection was better than no inspection.

I immediately drove the car to Tator's Garage to have all the fluids changed and have the car REALLY inspected by the Wizard. On the way there, all the stories about the run flat tires reared their ugly heads - incredibly harsh ride, and always two hands on the steering wheel. It was actually a tiresome 50 mile drive. So a set of Pilot Super Sports was ordered.

Chuck Tator and one of his Tech's, Bobby, really went over the car and changed everything that was liquid, as I asked for. I wanted to start 'fresh', even though it had only 860 miles. It's been sitting for quite a while. He also removed a huge squirrel nest inside the front bumper, filled up a whole garbage can. This squirrel was living in style in a high rent apartment. I picked it up yesterday and it drove like a Lexus (relatively speaking) with the new Pilot SS tires. WOW. If you have run flats, get rid of them NOW.

I want to thank this board for directing me to Chuck Tator. He willingly spoke to me at great length about my car and Vipers in general. I really feel like I was fortunate to have Chuck nearby to give me confidence on my first Viper purchase, especially when my knowledge level is at newbie status.

Anyway here are a few pics. I mean, it's a stock car, you've all seen these hundreds of times. This car is SUPER clean. I mean, inside, outside, engine bay, underneath. I really got lucky. VERY happy right now!

Viper_Medium_1.jpg

Viper_Home_8.jpg

Viper_Medium_14.jpg

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats would like to see it in person.
Are you on Long Island?

OP
OP
O

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats would like to see it in person.
Are you on Long Island?

Hi ViperJon! No, I am in western NJ, about 50 minutes from the tunnels. The car itself was in Forest Hills when I bought it. I have seen some of your gathering posts, I would like to join up some time!

OP
OP
O

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I feel VERY fortunate to have found such a nice car locally, and have it serviced by the best. I have been waiting since I saw the car in 1991 (I believe) at the New York Autoshow. Everytime I look outside I am shocked to see it sitting there. I think many first time Viper owners have that experience, from what I've read here.

And so it begins!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear about the car being for sale?
I know someone who has been looking a long time for just that car and scoured the usual places.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You pretty much scored a brand new car, especially after the service performed and the new tires. Good find!

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is awesome, congratulations. Don't forget to join the VCA :2tu:

I'm sure you will love this car :drive:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car, new to you, and almost new. I've had mine over 2 years now, and look forward to every drive in it!

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your story just goes to show that if you are patient, eventually the right car will go up for sale. No need to rush these things.

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow what an awsome car with the perfect miles. I always keep my eye out there for one of those with low milage

OP
OP
O

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone! Still can't believe I have an essentially new car here. The Viper is a 'rolling spectacle' as I call it. Definately a lot of looks, but you guys all know that already.