Financing a Viper Purchase

gtex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just financed mine throuhg my Credit Union, Randolph Brooks FCU out of San Antonio. They were also originally a military CU, but there are thousands of ways to qualify now. I got in with basically nothing down, 2.8% for 66 months on a car that was well over NADA average value (97 GTS only 7700 miles). the low down and approval above NADA average was probably due to me being good with them for 15+ years. but they offer the 2.8% for 66 montsh to most folks with good credit.

BTW- I think they now offer 1.9% for 66 montsh as a summer special.

Last edited:

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for setting us all straight, daddy.:smirk:

But if you actually took the time to read the posts carefully, the gist of our messages was actually supportive of the OP, and to provide insight that may be beneficial to him. It was intended to bring up and explore cash as a "financing" alternative, which may or may not apply to his individual case.

It's not your place to restrict judge anyone's else's comments. The whole intent of this Club is to support each other...not shut each other down during these types of discussions. :nono:

But...if you feel that anyone else is veering off track again, then please...set us all straight again.:rolaugh:

Post restated. Glad to help.

Last edited:

E_tar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Taking your advice, I just Called PENFED up and signed up for an account.
Lady on the phone was very polite and helpful and it took me about 15 minutes on the phone to get set up.
I paid into one of the Army Families Charities to the tune of $25 and thus qualified.

She says that I will get to know by Saturday if the pre-approval loan is good to go or not. I asked for a preapproval of $35k.

Hope it works out.. I have great credit and apart from my mortgage, I dont have any other car loans or Credit card debt. :nana:

Anyone here selling a 96-2002 GTS Blue/White or Silver ? :)

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my Viper and now my wife's Plum Crazy SRT-8 Challenger financed with Ped Fed, and got 2.4% financing.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a good interest rate your better taking a loan IMO. I know a lot of guys that will tell you its very foolish to have large investements (High end cars/Houses) and have them paid off.

1-If your paying on something if saves a little on taxes (more true for houses, student loans)
2-if you owe on something its much more difficult to have it taken from you if you were getting sued/divorce etc.
3-I don't know what most of you guys do but I am a bit of an entrepeneur. I can take most any cash I have and turn it into almost triple in a short time. (housing, motorcycles, business opps)
4-Even if you have the cash SAVE it just incase you do lose your job. It can keep you going for a while inbetween.

But then again if your just making gobs of cash you wouldn't be asking about a loan anyways.

Goodluck, and never heard of penfed, but sounds like the way to go!

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a good interest rate your better taking a loan IMO. I know a lot of guys that will tell you its very foolish to have large investements (High end cars/Houses) and have them paid off.

1-If your paying on something if saves a little on taxes (more true for houses, student loans)
2-if you owe on something its much more difficult to have it taken from you if you were getting sued/divorce etc.
3-I don't know what most of you guys do but I am a bit of an entrepeneur. I can take most any cash I have and turn it into almost triple in a short time. (housing, motorcycles, business opps)
4-Even if you have the cash SAVE it just incase you do lose your job. It can keep you going for a while inbetween.

But then again if your just making gobs of cash you wouldn't be asking about a loan anyways.

Goodluck, and never heard of penfed, but sounds like the way to go!

I haven't had a loan in about five years, house paid off, last four vehicles paid cash. Let's see, if I lost my job no one can take anything from me because I don't owe anything on anything. Getting sued? I guess that's a question; but, not sure for what.

Getting divorced? married 44 years and plan on marrying her again in six years.

So I guess everyone has an opinion, but we pay cash for everything, had a major remodel done to master bath and bedroom a couple of years ago, paid cash, nice feeling not owing anyone.

Last edited:

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard about PenFed through these posts, even though I'm a federal employee my particular office was not eligible, thought I would have to pay and join one of the organizations but decided to call and got to join at no charge as a member of AAA, all signed up in a matter of about 15 minutes. Rolled over my Viper loan from Chase almost immediately. Great to deal with!! :headbang: