Finding love for the black car...

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kept thinking this would make my Viper look a little more aggressive, while making me appreciate the black a little more...

...I think I was right!

You must be registered for see images

I like it!

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks pretty good. I'd consider doing the fogs as well so they match.

And how can you not appreciate black? It's a great color and looks absolutely sinister on a Viper, especially a GTS.

Rob

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't drive it much at night at all, so I don't know yet. I'm actually thinking of leaving the fogs clear (I have enough material left to cover them) to have some extra light available for night driving. My other idea is to get a pair of road lamps from AutoZone (or similar) and tucking them up inside the grill just for a little extra light power at night, and then tinting the fogs, too.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was actually about to do the same thing on mine. Just bought the covers in fact tonight before I saw this thread. Will be getting installed Shortly. Looks good.

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wheels are my next endeavour, except I want at least a chrome strip around the edge to break it up just a little bit. Problem is, I can't find a place online to let me look at and shop for wheels for the Viper. Any ideas?

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd do the fog lights black, but I'm concerned about night driving - if I could do some sort of a temporary piece that could come off easily at night, and reapply easily, that'd be great. My other thought was to tuck some aftermarket road lamps inside the grill that wouldn't be visible at daytime, but that'd involve some pretty hefty fabrication. Plus, everytime I mod the front end of a car, I end up hitting something and negating my efforts!!! I swear I'm cursed...

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On our Black 2005, we had the dark/tinted headlamps/foglamps. Didn't think it really affected night driving, but indeed it did. We now have very very light blue tint on our 2008 GTS Blue SRT...helps with stone chips, and no hindrance to night driving. (BUT, I LOVE the LOOK of the dark tints) ~juli

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The headlight overlay really make it harder to night drive. I use the high beams and nobody seems to notice. I really don't do much night driving.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love The Black Cars!

The headlight overlay really make it harder to night drive. I use the high beams and nobody seems to notice. I really don't do much night driving.

True, we didn't either...that's why we didn't obsess over the DARK overlays...they looked BADASP!!!! :drive::2tu: ~juli

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's alright - when I drive at night, people are always flashing their brights at me, even when I DON'T have mine on. I don't know if it's the headlights or the fogs, but apparently I'm bright as hell comin' at ya. So I figured if nothing else, the tints will cut down on the glare for other drivers.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's true, Jeff...the HID headlamps ARE quite bright...when we have driven at night, we've had people in FRONT of us pull over and let us pass, lol~!!!! ~juli

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude