Fire Extinguishers

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm considering installing one in my car. Where are you guys mounting these and which brands are the best. I think Halon makes a nice one but on the pricey side. Install pics would be great! :)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Have Sean Roe's setup in all of our Vipers (Gen I's , II's, III)...mounted to the passenger seat's two front bolts using Sean's custom brackets as supplied (Gen III is a little different)...if you have an ACR or other 5 point harness system, let him know. They are easy to install, look good, and within driver's reach. As you can see...we are FANS !!!!

OP
OP
E

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From what I understand, Halon is a stronger retardent vs Halotron which is what is in Sean's kit... does it really make much of a difference? Halon does not corrode either.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i originally bought a 5# chrome for my '03 cobra. When I sold it I kept the extinguisher and customized a quick bracket that secures to the passenger side seat. As others have mentioned, the 2.5# are more common and you can get them in red or chrome I believe. If I didnt already have a 5# I'd probably have gotten the Roe 2.5#. PPIR requires them which is the only reason I have one.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Fire Extinguishers (with PIC)

Here is a pic of the ROE unit installed in my GTS

5397HPIM24961-med.JPG

OP
OP
E

ERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks for the pic Detlef. Doesn't it get in the way of the passenger? Are there other mounting options that would be less obstructive?

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score

I just bought the Roe chrome extinguisher. If it is a problem for passengers, I plan to mount it in the trunk.

Reason for buying? Popped the hood the other day and the power steering cap was GONE. Not loose, not partly open, but not there.

Before anyone mentions it, I already bought the HiPo power steering cap kit.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the Roe unit with bracket too.

It does NOT get in the way of the passenger...it's closer to the seat than it looks in the pic and passenger's legs and feet extend well beyond it.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've got the Roe unit pictured above (in red). IMO, it does stick out too far with the seat all the way back, which is how it always is. I haven't installed it yet but plan on drilling new holes in the bracket to tuck it up closer to the seat.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The pic was taken with the seat all the way back. I usually have a second passenger floor mat over it so no one notices it's even there.

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the Roe bracket also and I have a $10 Kiddie extinguisher. But man you guys got to get it under the driver seat. You'll never get to it in time or reach it easily under the passenger seat. Trust me I know. I saved my car from totally burning up with a $10 extinguisher which I quickly grabbed right at my feet. I also got to put out a mustang on fire at the track one time quickly.
I know a lot of you are thinking I should have let it burn. :D But the guy was sure grateful. Please everyone put one in your cars. I have one in ALL my vehicles. Cheap insurance!

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

It may be better for people if we offer two different bracket versions (or three).
The brackets we currently make place it just far enough forward to clear the eye bolt for the anti-sub belt of a 5 point harness.
My wife doesn't have any problem with the one in our car.
However, we can make them shorter if there are no race belts on the passenger side.
Also, we can make them for the driver side.
Regarding the difference between Halon and Halotron, they're very similar, but Halon had ozone damaging properties and is being phased out.

Regards,
Sean

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Has anyone seen those fire extinguisher "sticks"?

One was in a Mopar magazine my dad showed me, I haven't been able to check it out yet. It's basically a stick shape, like a police stick.