First pictures interior carbon fiber!!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT was kind enough to send us some pro pics of the carbon fiber interior on the raffle car. STUNNING! And of course the car can be yours if you buy a ticket in the next 24 hours! Click below, there are only a few tickets left!

https://www.viperclub.org/raffle/index.php

Raffle_DSC_5748.JPG

Raffle_DSC_5776.JPG

Raffle_Door.jpg

raffle_DSC_5782.JPG

Raffle_DSC_5804.JPG

Raffle_DSC_5801.JPG

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT was kind enough to send us some pro pics of the carbon fiber interior on the raffle car. STUNNING! And of course the car can be yours if you buy a ticket in the nexr 24 hours! Click below, there are only a few tickets left!

https://www.viperclub.org/raffle/index.php

Raffle_DSC_5748.JPG

Raffle_DSC_5776.JPG

Raffle_Door.jpg

raffle_DSC_5782.JPG

Raffle_DSC_5804.JPG

Raffle_DSC_5801.JPG

Isn't calling this a carbon interior a stretch? This seems like SRT added CF accents to the interior instead of entire parts like dash and console. Do you know if these are real CF pieces, CF veneer or hydrographics? At least in the pictures, it is difficult to tell, especially since the finish is of matte variety.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been said on the SRT webpage that the carbon fiber interior essentially replaces all of the aluminum parts with carbon fiber which these pictures show. That is clearly real carbon fiber in the pictures and not a veneer and really not a hydrographic at all. A lot of companies use a matte carbon fiber in the interior so you don't have so much shiny stuff glaring in your face.

I think the carbon fiber looks really nice and prefer to have it as an accent rather than have whole piece made out of it. Everything should be leather wrapped and just some accents in carbon fiber which SRT did very well. Though I don't think all of those are worth 4000 dollars.

They should have made the top of the shifter knob carbon fiber as well.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been said on the SRT webpage that the carbon fiber interior essentially replaces all of the aluminum parts with carbon fiber which these pictures show. That is clearly real carbon fiber in the pictures and not a veneer and really not a hydrographic at all. A lot of companies use a matte carbon fiber in the interior so you don't have so much shiny stuff glaring in your face.

I think the carbon fiber looks really nice and prefer to have it as an accent rather than have whole piece made out of it. Everything should be leather wrapped and just some accents in carbon fiber which SRT did very well. Though I don't think all of those are worth 4000 dollars.

They should have made the top of the shifter knob carbon fiber as well.
How do you know the trim pieces are pure CF? Got a picture of the back of any of these parts? I do not see any depth to the weave which is usually easy to spot. I hope I am wrong here of course.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you know the trim pieces are pure CF? Got a picture of the back of any of these parts? I do not see any depth to the weave which is usually easy to spot. I hope I am wrong here of course.

You don't see depth to the weave because of the matte clear coat and the lousy camera but mostly because of the clear. If you go look at the CF on an aston martin it is the same. Same with the new corvette. That is just how it looks like when it is matte clear. Carbon fiber veneer doesn't look like that and hydro carbon REALLY doesn't look like that.

Also on the one picture of the door insert you can see how the weave curves at the end like it wasn't laid down 100% properly which is a really big indicator that it is real.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is a $3,400 package for the interior carbon fiber alone. Do you honestly think it is faux CF?

Get real.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a $3,400 package for the interior carbon fiber alone. Do you honestly think it is faux CF?

Get real.
I am skeptical for these pieces to be pure CF, very skeptical as a matter of fact and of course hoping to be wrong. I would never rely on price alone as a reassurance. Should be very easy to put my skepticism to rest though.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am skeptical for these pieces to be pure CF, very skeptical as a matter of fact and of course hoping to be wrong. I would never rely on price alone as a reassurance. Should be very easy to put my skepticism to rest though.

Lol I keep telling you it is real and even point out where they messed up laying it down. If it was faux carbon fiber it would be consistent everywhere not have a distorted weave in some sections. And hydrocarbon doesn't even look like that period so that rules that out. Plus if you look at the carbon fiber veneer in audi and in the c6 zr1 it isn't a twill weave but a bunch of fake dots used to mimic the 1x1 weave and not 2x2 twill which they do such a lousy job even at that. This is real and it is easy to see that.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told the parts are real carbon fiber, not overlays. By someone who works at a supplier of the parts. It would take longer to overlay the parts, than it would to form them out of carbon. I love the look!

Tony

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask Ralph to prove it. This is not an argument for argument's sake and should be easy to resolve, not just because anyone says it is so. Not sure what the problem is.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask Ralph to prove it. This is not an argument for argument's sake and should be easy to resolve, not just because anyone says it is so. Not sure what the problem is.

The problem is you are making up a problem where one doesn't exist.

Complaining to complain, more of the same.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is you are making up a problem where one doesn't exist.

Complaining to complain, more of the same.

Really? All I am asking is to prove these parts are real carbon only, seems like a legitimate question to me. Especially after reading SRT description:

"Carbon fiber is used widely in the racing world, and is now utilized extensively in the SRT Viper. The optional Carbon Fiber Interior Package brings the athletic material inside the cabin with a number of tasteful, elegant accents throughout. Elements of this package include: a steering wheel bezel, AC vents, gauge cluster bezel, headlamp switch bezel, center stack bezel, shifter bezel, door remote bezel, map pocket surround, window switch extension and seat racing harness bezel"

And why all this hostility? Inquisitive minds should not be chastised.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Talked to Ralph and he said it was Carbon Fiber , hence the terribly creative option name , Carbon Fiber Interior Accents Group. He also said that he is pretty sure the hood , roof and rear decklid are carbon fiber, but since questioned and asked to prove it , he will be taking off the rest of the week to fly out to all the suppliers and verify they are using the real stuff and not substituting amalgamated plastic forged polymer resin composite weaved material in place of, just to cheat everyone. Stay tuned , we might have been swindled , but Ralph will find out for us, he has nothing else to do this week besides .............................

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talked to Ralph and he said it was Carbon Fiber , hence the terribly creative option name , Carbon Fiber Interior Accents Group. He also said that he is pretty sure the hood , roof and rear decklid are carbon fiber, but since questioned and asked to prove it , he will be taking off the rest of the week to fly out to all the suppliers and verify they are using the real stuff and not substituting amalgamated plastic forged polymer resin composite weaved material in place of, just to cheat everyone. Stay tuned , we might have been swindled , but Ralph will find out for us, he has nothing else to do this week besides .............................
I bet the block isn't even aluminum either!!

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow, now this is both creative and very amusing. Do you recall from Mopar catalog, part number 82208992? I was looking for the "simulated" and could not find it. What a bummer... Has Ralph ever corrected that? Ask him, next time you see him.:2tu: Now, over and out since nobody can answer my question as usual.:headbang:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh my God, Peter, life is just a bit too short to be argumentative over such trivial things and as the Head of US Design, SRT and Motorsports, I am betting Ralph will not soon add " Head Proofreader " for the MoPar Catalogue to his job title!

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, now this is both creative and very amusing. Do you recall from Mopar catalog, part number 82208992? I was looking for the "simulated" and could not find it. What a bummer... Has Ralph ever corrected that? Ask him, next time you see him.:2tu: Now, over and out since nobody can answer my question as usual.:headbang:

Ummm, I already answered it. And I did so after checking with SRT, it's real carbon fiber with a not so glossy surface as it's in the interior.

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much of a Hassle would this be to install on an existing Gen V.. Would the whole dash and doors need to be taken apart?
I like the look but not at the risk of damaging the interior.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay....it is 110 in Lake Havasu today. Drove from Seattle to Phoenix ( thanks Eddie ) to do some warranty work on the car since the Dodge/SRT dealers are clueless in Seattle ( pun intended). This has relevance since the heat has now affected me adversely. WHAT is wrong with the Generation V forum? We have an enthusiast arguing with the largest viper dealer in the United States, the CEO of SRT, and the national president. This forum is so screwed up that members of the VCA and owners of the Gen V are not posting because it is not worth the trouble or aggravation. We have new owners of the Generation V who have no respect for the previous generations, somehow are experts on the car, and think the Generation V forum is personal intellectual property. Oops...forgot to put in the trolls. Yes...it is an open forum but get real.

End of rant. :)

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay....it is 110 in Lake Havasu today. Drove from Seattle to Phoenix ( thanks Eddie ) to do some warranty work on the car since the Dodge/SRT dealers are clueless in Seattle ( pun intended). This has relevance since the heat has now affected me adversely. WHAT is wrong with the Generation V forum? We have an enthusiast arguing with the largest viper dealer in the United States, the CEO of SRT, and the national president. This forum is so screwed up that members of the VCA and owners of the Gen V are not posting because it is not worth the trouble or aggravation. We have new owners of the Generation V who have no respect for the previous generations, somehow are experts on the car, and think the Generation V forum is personal intellectual property. Oops...forgot to put in the trolls. Yes...it is an open forum but get real.

End of rant. :)

By far, the best post ever on the GEN V Forum...too bad the usual suspects won't get it!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper