Front tow hook/strap

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told the tow hook set doesnt really work on the front of a new ACR...I looked. What are people doing?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i brought the removable woodhouse hook for my '06, the front is a very simple bolt on install and can be fitted either on the left or right handside of the car, the rear tow hook needs some holes drilling.

the kit is sold in pairs, both front and rear are identical items

the threaded bar is left on the car and you just screw the hook/webbing strap into it when needed

Woodhouse Performance Shop

if you send me your email i can send you over the install .pdf instructions to take a look at

here's a few pics:

You must be registered for see images attach

its strong enough to winch onto a trailer

i brought it after seeing this pic

vip13.jpg

Last edited:

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want a front tow strap so if anyone wants to split the pair let me know. It looks like fron and rear are the same

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats what i did, brought the kit (x2 hooks) as i also only wanted a front,
then split the costs with another UK member who had the other one

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bloomin' typical.. i asked Susan that question if she would sell them individually x3 weeks ago and she said no,

should of spoke to the boss ;)

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
A front tow hook is the one most used during track events.

Archer Racing also sells a metal front tow hook that bolts to the front of the ACR without any issues - I have one on my ACR.

I do like the idea of the soft front tow hook as it won't ding your shin if you aren't careful when you walk by it.

Most track outfits want front and rear tow hooks. Haven't seen a good "rear" tow hook yet. The metal one is too low and drags over bumps while driving to the track.

I'd like to see some more pics of this soft hook installed both front and rear.

Dan

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do it right....Front & Rear, it screws in so you will not see it when you don't want to...Just imagine...Your off track...the towing people can not tow your car out from the front only the rear....If you don't have a rear tow hook, the only alternative is to grab a chain & hook go underneath & pull...If you can live with it...you better believe the towing company will....

Reaction score

Hope this helps, The rear one will require a little drilling and a bolt to affix it, but pretty simple.

A front tow hook is the one most used during track events.

Archer Racing also sells a metal front tow hook that bolts to the front of the ACR without any issues - I have one on my ACR.

I do like the idea of the soft front tow hook as it won't ding your shin if you aren't careful when you walk by it.

Most track outfits want front and rear tow hooks. Haven't seen a good "rear" tow hook yet. The metal one is too low and drags over bumps while driving to the track.

I'd like to see some more pics of this soft hook installed both front and rear.

Dan

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you guys driving with these installed? I have a set and they seem like they'll be fine for a tug but they seem too 'cantilevered' for driving with them installed.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My feeling is yes if it was my race car the sanctioning bodies require front and rear for good reason . However my ACR is not going to "raced" but it will do track days and since the rear has a factory tow hook attached to the frame it should be enough to get a hook on. There is not that rush situation like during a race

Reaction score
Wow thanks for all the calls and Emails guys! I didn't mean for this to be a real sales pitch but hey that's cool. Maybe I should do daily specials that are only for 2 hours and post them! :2tu::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought the cable to the spliter was in the way of the bolt hole? If they fit the ACR Im in.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of these never used that I will part with cheap. Pm me if interested.