Fully upgradeable, Front Mount DIY twin turbo systems Available Soon!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a post to introduce the first DIY front mount twin Viper turbo system that is fully upgradeable. This is a true Bolt-on kit which requires no cutting or modifications of your stock Gen 2 Viper!

We have conceptualized the most complete system in terms of the big picture of upgradeability down the road from minimal power increases to monster power capabilities. We have built the first prototype system out of mild steel and will have the stainless steel production version finished and ready to be tuned via hot exhaust gases in about 2-3 weeks.

Castellano Performance Engineering did all the R&D for the Castellano Twin Turbo system. With some investment backing, Castellano Performance Engineering has now become Monster Power Performance who is now selling the worlds first complete front mount, bolt-on Viper twin turbo system.

With the front mount twin turbos you will be able choose from a pair of mirror polished or powder coated turbos to match the color scheme of your car.

Here are a few simple questions for anyone waiting for a “bolt on” TWIN TURBO kit.

Would you be interested in a turbo kit that is available in stages capable of making 600-1400+ HP based on the R&D of the Castellano Twin Turbo that made 1275+ RWHP and 1500+ RWTQ on a relatively mild base engine through an automatic transmission?

Would you be interested in a system that you can get into for minimal investment and upgrade to the next power level when you get used to the current power level and have had some time to save towards your next upgrade?

After all the R&D of the CPE TT, we concluded that the 8 liter Viper V-10 needs a pair of “T-04” turbos for maximum efficiency in terms of backpressure. T-04’s also flow more lbs of air/minute at the same boost pressure as compared to the T-03/T04 hybrids used for the systems mounting the turbos in the footwells. The only way to fit the T-04’s without cutting the frame is to put them up in front of the motor.

As we were designing and fabricating the Castellano Twin Turbo on my car, we started thinking about how we could make a front mount twin turbo system that our Viper brothers and sisters could bolt on with basic hand tools. A qualified technician should be able to bolt this on in about 8 hours.

Would you be willing to install it on your car if you do not have to make any modifications to your Viper to install the basic kit (no cutting, fabrication or drilling of core support of any kind!!!)
Would you like there to be no permanent evidence that you ever had modified your Viper, should you later decide to remove the system?

BREAKTHROUGH! Finally a turbo system for your Viper that YOU can install and SEE! Best value and most power for your money, best of all – it FITS without cutting your car!

We are pricing the entry level, non-intercooled system for $9995.00 that includes properly sized “T-04” turbos, exhaust manifolds and exhaust piping, wastegates and blow off valve, fuel system and management, and cool air intake system for a 200 hp increase on a totally stock engine.

This kit will be available within a few weeks on a “first come” basis.

Pictures to be posted soon!

For further information on the Monster Power Performance DIY front mount twin turbo system, check out this post:

For any other questions, Please call 630-878-3907.

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1MEANSNAKE- We wanted the entry level system to be a true bolt-on WITHOUT cutting the core support or anything else.

We have the intercooler option available if you would like.

We are working on setting a price for the intercooler right now.

There are several challenges when developing a suitable intercooler that has a minimal pressure drop to work with a low boost application like the Viper bolt-on twin turbo:

1. The intercooler will block airflow to the radiator

2. If we were to make a cross flow intercooler just going across the lower opening of the front fascia(allowing more air to get to the radiator as compared to a larger core covering the whole opening), the small core would make for a huge restriction making the turbos spin even faster to move the air across the pressure differential causing higher compressor wheel speeds. Higher compressor wheel speeds means more heat which is the very thing we are trying to get rid of...So you see the challenge.

This is one of the big reasons we went with the bigger T-04 exhaust housings combined with the larger compressor wheel. These turbos will be at least as efficient as the twin screw blowers running 6 or 7 PSI also running without an intercooler.

One of the most important aspects of the cool air charge to the throttle bodies goal is this:

How cool is the air the turbos are pulling in?

Are they pulling the air from the engine compartment off the headers?

Our system utilizes a cool air intake pulling air from the stock location through the naca duct going directly into the turbos.

==>There is no extra plumbing getting the air to the turbos and much less plumbing to get the air from the turbos to the intercooler with the front mount setup as opposed to the footwell mounted T-03/T-04 hybrid systems.

I hope this makes sense. If you have any further questions, please call me @630-878-3907.

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a post to introduce the first DIY front mount twin Viper turbo system that is fully upgradeable. This is a true Bolt-on kit which requires no cutting or modifications of your stock Gen 2 Viper!

We have conceptualized the most complete system in terms of the big picture of upgradeability down the road from minimal power increases to monster power capabilities. We have built the first prototype system out of mild steel and will have the stainless steel production version finished and ready to be tuned via hot exhaust gases in about 2-3 weeks.

Castellano Performance Engineering did all the R&D for the Castellano Twin Turbo system. With some investment backing, Castellano Performance Engineering has now become Monster Power Performance who is now selling the worlds first complete front mount, bolt-on Viper twin turbo system.

With the front mount twin turbos you will be able choose from a pair of mirror polished or powder coated turbos to match the color scheme of your car.

Here are a few simple questions for anyone waiting for a “bolt on” TWIN TURBO kit.

Would you be interested in a turbo kit that is available in stages capable of making 600-1400+ HP based on the R&D of the Castellano Twin Turbo that made 1275+ RWHP and 1500+ RWTQ on a relatively mild base engine through an automatic transmission?

Would you be interested in a system that you can get into for minimal investment and upgrade to the next power level when you get used to the current power level and have had some time to save towards your next upgrade?

After all the R&D of the CPE TT, we concluded that the 8 liter Viper V-10 needs a pair of “T-04” turbos for maximum efficiency in terms of backpressure. T-04’s also flow more lbs of air/minute at the same boost pressure as compared to the T-03/T04 hybrids used for the systems mounting the turbos in the footwells. The only way to fit the T-04’s without cutting the frame is to put them up in front of the motor.

As we were designing and fabricating the Castellano Twin Turbo on my car, we started thinking about how we could make a front mount twin turbo system that our Viper brothers and sisters could bolt on with basic hand tools. A qualified technician should be able to bolt this on in about 8 hours.

Would you be willing to install it on your car if you do not have to make any modifications to your Viper to install the basic kit (no cutting, fabrication or drilling of core support of any kind!!!)
Would you like there to be no permanent evidence that you ever had modified your Viper, should you later decide to remove the system?

BREAKTHROUGH! Finally a turbo system for your Viper that YOU can install and SEE! Best value and most power for your money, best of all – it FITS without cutting your car!

We are pricing the entry level, non-intercooled system for $9995.00 that includes properly sized “T-04” turbos, exhaust manifolds and exhaust piping, wastegates and blow off valve, fuel system and management, and cool air intake system for a 200 hp increase on a totally stock engine.

This kit will be available within a few weeks on a “first come” basis.

Pictures to be posted soon!

For further information on the Monster Power Performance DIY front mount twin turbo system, check out this post:

For any other questions, Please call 630-878-3907.

Here is the link to more detailed information about the system:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB24&Number=551727&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post551753

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I will just become a poser and put a set of these turbos in Sapphire on the car. Talk about jaws dropping when I lift the hood. Hellya.

And the turbos can support 800, 900 or 1000 rwhp if I want? The piping and headers included in the base kit can be used for whatever power level I want? No need to change to a different size/set if I want to go balls out with the power? Just do the proper fuel upgrades/intercooler to go along with the power I want.

John

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I will just become a poser and put a set of these turbos in Sapphire on the car. Talk about jaws dropping when I lift the hood. Hellya.

And the turbos can support 800, 900 or 1000 rwhp if I want? The piping and headers included in the base kit can be used for whatever power level I want? No need to change to a different size/set if I want to go balls out with the power? Just do the proper fuel upgrades/intercooler to go along with the power I want.

John

John, the turbos in the base kit are rated at 590 HP EACH! If you want to go to bigger power, I would recommend a bigger pair of turbos especially with stock compression as bigger turbos will flow a greater volume of air at less boost than the smaller ones. This will greatly aid in running big power with pump gas as opposed to smaller turbos running higher boost and race gas to move the same amount of air to make the bigger power.

The base kit can accomodate a 3" exhaust that most guys already have from the cat-back system or we can supply a reducer to connect to the factory exhaust.

The headers and all other piping from the entry level intercooled kits on up will be able to make big power.

I would recommend going to a 4" exhaust when you up the power as it will further minimize backpressure thereby maximizing the efficiency of the system.

The great thing about this kit is we designed it so that we can fit the big turbos that made all the power on my car into a STOCK Gen-2 without cutting the frame!

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey PC - any thoughts on a system for us Gen1 guys?

JG, It would depend on how many guys were interested.

Whether we make a system for a Gen-1 or Gen-2, the R&D would be roughly the same.

If there would be enough demand, we would definitely be interested! :headbang:

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Paolo

a better fix for those wanting more for less than adding an intercooler is to simply add the Roe Water Injection setup or adapt a Snows Performance unit for under $300.

A good water injection setup that is calibrated right will outperform an intercooler system without any of the disadvantages. The engine will run cooler as there is no added cooler in front of the radiator, and only water can cool IN THE CYLINDER...

Why run an intercooler until you are wanting much more power OR want no maintenance (do not want to have to fill up a water tank)?

just a thought

good luck with your kits - I know I'd prefer to see my turbos up front than hidden. Great design! :2tu:

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You Gen 2 guys are going to love this kit. I have seen it first hand and it rocks. Simple installation, super efficient design, and the ability to return you car back to stock(although I don't know why anyone would want to) really make this the ultimate kit. You can go basic, or you can go crazy and make some massive power.

I have said this before and I will say it again, the planning, design and implementation of Paolo's kit is second to none.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you can see a great deal of thought has gone into this turbo system. I personally like the upgrade path this system gives the average owner. GET IN CHEAP AND GROW INTO THE FULL 1400HP SYSTEM WITHOUT STARTING ALL OVER AND WASTING YOUR INITIAL INVESTMENT. Good job Paolo,here's wishing all the best.

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Paolo

a better fix for those wanting more for less than adding an intercooler is to simply add the Roe Water Injection setup or adapt a Snows Performance unit for under $300.

A good water injection setup that is calibrated right will outperform an intercooler system without any of the disadvantages. The engine will run cooler as there is no added cooler in front of the radiator, and only water can cool IN THE CYLINDER...

Why run an intercooler until you are wanting much more power OR want no maintenance (do not want to have to fill up a water tank)?

just a thought

good luck with your kits - I know I'd prefer to see my turbos up front than hidden. Great design! :2tu:

Barry, that is a great idea!

The engine will certainly run cooler with no intercooler blocking the radiator!

I think the no cutting approach combined with the water injection with bigger, more efficient turbos will be just the ticket for the guys not wanting to cut their cars yet be able to make some good, reliable power! :2tu:

Marty, thank you! When are you coming over again to see the latest progress?

ViperD, I am working on the pictures and will have them up shortly!

Ron, coming from a man with some very fast turbo cars, those are very kind words! I am glad you like the full scope of the system!

Hans Christian, We are focusing all of our efforts on the Gen2 for the moment. I wish I had better news for you.... :(

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo,

I am going to Joliet tomorrow and Saturday for the NHRA race. I will call you and set up a time to swing by.

martyb

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo,

when do you think you will be able to copy this system over for us the gen III guys - sorry for pushing but I would be a taker, otherwise I have to go the SC route (3months, half a year a year or never)

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo,

Your DIY TT setup looks very appealing. :2tu:

Any idea about how it will do relative to California smog compliance?

Have you set it up on any creampuff Vipers yet?

How much boost do you think that you could run safely on a creampuff Viper? And what kind of power would you make at minimum and maximum safe levels?

Is there some easy way to adjust the boost level from the cockpit of the car?

Have you setup the TT system in a car with a (thicker) Fluidine radiator to see if there are space issues?
It looks mighty snug up front, does it also have a custom air intake box?

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo,

Your DIY TT setup looks very appealing. :2tu:

Any idea about how it will do relative to California smog compliance?

Have you set it up on any creampuff Vipers yet?

How much boost do you think that you could run safely on a creampuff Viper? And what kind of power would you make at minimum and maximum safe levels?

Is there some easy way to adjust the boost level from the cockpit of the car?

Have you setup the TT system in a car with a (thicker) Fluidine radiator to see if there are space issues?
It looks mighty snug up front, does it also have a custom air intake box?

Snakester, I am glad you like the look and design system!

I have no idea about the smog compliance in Ca.

I am in Illinois and have not really looked into exactly what it takes to be smog compliant. I would ask Dan Cragin what he thinks.

I know Larry Macedo has tuned some bigger power creampuffs with the Roe blower and methanol/water injection. I would ask him about what would be safe boost levels to run.

These turbos should be at least as efficient as the twin screw blowers and should be able to run lower boost without an intercooler on a forged piston car.

I really would have to defer to someone more with more experience tuning creampuffs with the 91 octane in California. Dan Cragin would be an excellent resource in that regard.

Everything we have done so far has been geared for the forged cars and 93 octane.

As far as adjusting the boost on the fly, all you would need is a boost controller.

==>It makes me nervous to think of a creampuff with 91 octane and a boost controller though!LOL!

I would imagine a 3-4 PSI wastegate spring combined with the boost controller would give you a fairly good power range at your fingertips.

In regards to your thicker Fluidyne radiator, does it put the radiator any closer to the engine? If not there should not be a problem. If it does, I would recommend a Ron Davis radiator.I had one on my supercharged car and it fit like a glove! The stock radiator has about 3/4" between the rear-most core and the surface to which you mount the fan. So this is how Ron Davis gets the thicker core to fit in the stock location!

There is a cool air intake box that draws air from the stock location through the Naca duct in the pictures you saw in the GTS/RT10 discussions. It is right up front. The prototype is made out of stainless steel.

Please feel free to call me @ 630-878-3907. Take care and please give me a call! Paolo

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have sen great results on creampuffs with the water/methanol kits when used with the Roe. I dont know what Larry and others are turning the boost up to, but boost is boost and should be the same with a TT.

I know on one creampuff he yielded another 100rwhp/100rwtq so I assume he went from the 5 to 8 pound pulley(just a guess). The car also has nitrous which cools the air charge.

Anyway, no reason why one couldn't run 5 pounds on a creampuff with good fuel. Like Paolo stated CA is unique in that pump is 91 octane, so I would also be interested to hear how much boost Dan has been putting into cars he has tuned.

John

TT with the water/methanol would be a nice route to take for those content with the lower boost setting.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth