Fun with a Lambo (PICS)

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring on Spring!!! Had some fun today with a few friends. Got to run with an '05 Gallardo SE....custom Tubi exhaust and black chrome rims. Car is amazing.....very fun to drive. Took a few pics with my buddies yellow '05 too. We were bored so we decided to drag race a Segway vs Triumph....guess who won?????

8068DSC02978-med.JPG

8068DSC02987-med.JPG

8068DSC02979-med.JPG

8068DSC03000-med.JPG

8068DSC03003-med.JPG

OP
OP
V

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We did a roll on from about 60-70....the Lambo is no match for the Viper...pulled away with ease. My buddy even said I almost made him def from the noise at WOT!!!!! From a dig it would hand us our lunch....as would any AWD 500hp car. As far as handling....naturally the snake is no match for the Lambo.....this car is amazing....apparently this one is pretty rare. The color is very simular to the viper yellow and the black chrome wheels are totally bad a$%!!!! You can see the whole engine and Tubi exhaust through the clear bonnet. Whole interior is suede...even the steering wheel.

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is your coupe supercharged? I've never seen a SRT pull from a Gallardo from 3rd gear. Your coupe looks sweeet though!

OP
OP
V

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no blower yet....just random tech cats 3in all the way to corsa track. yellow conv is son of lambo owner...they have run a bunch of times and claim the same results.

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We did a roll on from about 60-70....the Lambo is no match for the Viper...pulled away with ease. My buddy even said I almost made him def from the noise at WOT!!!!! From a dig it would hand us our lunch....as would any AWD 500hp car. As far as handling....naturally the snake is no match for the Lambo.....this car is amazing....apparently this one is pretty rare. The color is very simular to the viper yellow and the black chrome wheels are totally bad a$%!!!! You can see the whole engine and Tubi exhaust through the clear bonnet. Whole interior is suede...even the steering wheel.

Does the Lambo have better steering feedback than the SRT? If it does, I can only imagine the feeling since the SRT has amazing communication with the road and incredible steering feedback.

Which got more looks?..:)

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!!! i must say that the vipers look the best out of that group, and you coupe looks amazing. great color combo :2tu:

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< A lambo without lambo doors is not a lambo >>

REALLY? i had no idea it didnt have the "signature" lambo doors!

Only the Merc has the "sissors" doors. But you can add the door kit after market like several have done.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
doors open regular:

You must be registered for see images attach

Also, a Lambo is not a Lambo if it has a German motor -- Gallardo has an Audi V8 block with 2 extra cylinders bored in -- (rather than an Italian V12).

-J

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm only considering buying a Gallardo because Audi is involved. Low maintence costs too! $250 for 1500 mile service and 7500 mile service is $1500.

I love my Viper but the Gallardo is 2 steps above in my opinion with the 996 turbo in between. The suspension in the Gallardo is very impressive unlike my Viper that floats around. But yes, it costs double so it should be refined in every area....

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I personally prefer the Murci over the Gallardo, but if someone handed me the keys to the Gallardo, I'd be a happy camper :D

Now regarding the doors, the reason the Gallardo doesn't have the scissor doors is because of its size. It isn't as wide as its older sibling, therefore not requiring that movment. The other reason is door shape. The Gallardo's is more "squarish" compared to the Murci/Diablo/countach who's size and shape warrant such actions. They have longer doors. If they opened conventialy, people would have a hard time getting in and out in when parked between cars...

...kinda the problem the Ford GT is facing with the "roof doors" :D

This was one of the things we had to consider during my schooling (majored in Transportation Design at Art Center)...will the car benefit from scissor doors.

ViperLB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gallardo's run 12.4 in the 1/4 mile. That's a step down in performance from a new Viper. Personally, I think they are severly overpriced compared to other high powered sports cars.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me crazy but the Gallardo doesn't do anything for me. It looks odd in the pictures with the viper.

I do hear that it is a great car that can be driven every day.

Chad, the windows look sweet on your car!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks just like my Gallardo! I looked at a Murci when I bought mine, mostly because of the doors, but after getting in and out of a few, I changed my mind. The scissor doors are a real pain in the ass! I had to shimmy into the car, and I actually popped my head pretty good on one of them. The G is more reliable, easier to drive, and less expensive to maintain. BTW, my car is stock, and I had a different outcome racing a couple of Vipers from 40-140. I pulled a little, then they pulled past me a little, and I went by again at higher speeds. Very close races that seemed to come down to gearing and aerodynamics.

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope you don't mind me asking a question here; should start a new post?

I have a 2005 Viper w/Paxton and it's definitly a keeper, it's my hot rod and I will be drag racing it soon; additionally have a 2004 996TT cab w/Tip, probably will trade for 997 turbo cab if they make it, leased vehicle. Perfect for what it is and my wife loves to drive it too. This summer I will buy my first Italian exotic because...everyone needs to have wants and dreams.

Anyway, here is what I am looking at, please keep in mind it must be an open car and a V-12 and capable of 200+mph. Murci Roadster w/E-gear, Ferrari Super America w/F-1, Ferrari Barchetta w/6 spd. I am not under any impression that any of these will be collector's items and worth more in say 5-20 years. They all are depreciable assests and anyway I'm not buying with value in dollars at any time afterwards. I also realize there will be other vehicles in the future that I will consider must haves as many of you will.

Seems you guys really have a good handle on these types of cars and I really would appreciate your comments. All my cars are drivers, no garage queens.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks just like my Gallardo! I looked at a Murci when I bought mine, mostly because of the doors, but after getting in and out of a few, I changed my mind. The scissor doors are a real pain in the ass! I had to shimmy into the car, and I actually popped my head pretty good on one of them. The G is more reliable, easier to drive, and less expensive to maintain. BTW, my car is stock, and I had a different outcome racing a couple of Vipers from 40-140. I pulled a little, then they pulled past me a little, and I went by again at higher speeds. Very close races that seemed to come down to gearing and aerodynamics.

Yo Carrot looking into a Gallardo myself. Can you email me? I have a lot of ?'s.

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY NICE Viperchad... I like the Gallardo, but the MURCI just kills. The MURCI is on my radar. However your Coupe Viper looks insane, GOOD LUCk with it.. :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte