Gas Light

BigSaleen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know how far you can go when the gas light comes on (assume normal driving)? I know the tank is around 18.5 gallons, but when I fill up when the light comes on it only take 13.5. Is there really a 5 gallon reserve or am I wrong on the total capacity of the tank? I tried to pull a Kramer yesterday and see how far I could go when the light came on. I went 20 miles, and some of it was under heavy throttle because I can't go one day without someone else on the road trying to get me to step on it on my drive home from work.

Yesterday, I smoked a new Mustang GT and a modified S2000 with zero effort and never even downshifting. The one time I actually kept it in 4th on the highway at around 70 and just floored it. I pulled away from the S2000 like he threw it in reverse. I hate it when 200-300 horsepower cars think they are fast.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
LOL, well, there is only one way to find out! just bring a gas can.

But yes, I have drained 18 gallons out of my car once, and it indeed fills up when on E with about 14-15.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, we don't even have that feature on our 2nd gens .
Bat™

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The light is set to come on when you have approx 50 miles left on the remainder of the tank at 4-5 gals in reserve at 10 mpg is correct. this has been consistent with all the vipers i have owned.

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had the light come on when i was on the turnpike and i figured i could go another 30 miles. i was calculating 10 mpg. after after about one - two miles with the light on i pulled off and gassed it up(didnt want to chance it) and it held 15 gallons. i think the reserve tank is probably 3-3.5 gallons. mfg claims an 18.5 gallon tank. all i know is i go thru gas like its water.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang