Gen 1 Head Gaskets....The REAL PROBLEM EXPLAINED

OP
OP
Reaction score
As usual JonB has articulate answers...Thanks Jon

I'll be calling you about that bleeder later today.

We need someone (from Arrow, DC etc.) in the know, to describe the machining that is done to correct the cylinder creep problem. I have heard it involves the installation of some sort of "snap ring kinda thingy" whatever. I would really like to know exactly what they do.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That little explanation of the gen1 head gasket situation should go into a file so people can reference it.

coolbawn viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any come back on Chrysler for "Warranty rebuilds" now on Gen 1 Vipers.I have a 1995 with 6000 miles and no gasket problems yet but although I presume it is out of the normal warranty would I have any come back on Chrysler if the gaskets failed presumably because of poor gaskets and/or engine design.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mamba...

Nothing changes around here. Here you go again with your out of spec crap by .00000000000000001 and liner shift. I replaced my head gaskets with the new style and the old gaskets are total crap just like every other Mopar head gasket from the factory used in the last 15 years. You wouldn't know that because you don't turn wrenches on cars. Lucky for you, warranties are available.

Dude...instead of wasting time posting b.s. why don't you put a "band aid" on your lips? :D

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mamba...

Nothing changes around here. He you go again with your out of spec crap by .00000000000000001 and liner shift. I replaced my head gaskets with the new style and the old gaskets are total crap just like every other Mopar head gasket from the factory used in the last 15 years. You wouldn't know that because you don't turn wrenches on cars. Lucky for you, warranties are available.

Dude...instead of wasting time posting b.s. why don't you start turning some wrenches?

.... yawn.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235