Gen 4 prices going to drop like led bricks in 5 days

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The post has no logic at all. Newer, better, faster all equating to Gen 4 dropping like a rock. I don't think so. I would like to have one of my Gen 2 GTS back. I miss the raw out of control all of the road nature of the older Vipers when you floor it.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The post has no logic at all. Newer, better, faster all equating to Gen 4 dropping like a rock. I don't think so. I would like to have one of my Gen 2 GTS back. I miss the raw out of control all of the road nature of the older Vipers when you floor it.

The government doesn't think you are responsible enough to have a car like that anymore. If Obama had another cash for clunkers program to confiscate all non-nanny cars 90% of this board would goose step in line for it.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, it just doesn't matter what some blogger dude thinks about our cars values anyway. Interesting how we all get worked up over it. As if his opinion matters to any of us who know the true value of the "Viper experience".---It ain't about the price of the car. We don't drive these things for any other reason but the "fun"...or a quick trip to the grocery store. I'll bet that this guy has alot bigger footprint on the internet than we realize though, probably one of those who likes children............talks to them all day long on his computer.:omg:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, when people see the Gen 5 in a few days Gen 4 prices will crash? If the Gen 5 was available to buy in a few days and there was no wait, I would say that there would be quite a few people trading their Gen 4's for the Gen 5. This would cause an increase in the number of Gen 4s on the market, but to hypothesize that there would not be enough Gen 4 buyers to purchase the newly available Gen 4s is pure speculation--in other words it may affect prices and may not.

However, the major problem with the original statement is that there are ZERO Gen 5s available and they will trickle out of the plant much later than 5 days from the priginal post. Just the mere "seeing" of the Gen 5 should not affect the price of the Gen 4 at this time. The Gen 4s will depreciate, yes, but since supply and demand will not be affected at this time the whole idea is without merit.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point George. But if demand dropped for those Gen IVs which were going to be sold anyway due to some potential Gen IV buyers wanting a Gen V who are willing to wait for production, the price of Gen IVs could be effected immediately. With that said, I do not think same will be a significant phenomenon. I think the used car purchaser, with some exceptions, tends to be a different group than the new car purchaser ( generally less disposable income available and willing t take the risk of owning a car driven by someone else). And, per Bill P, we know that there are very few new Gen IVs available nationally so we also know that it is a used car issue.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what the Gen 5 does to the used Viper market, lots of speculation.

[subliminally speaking] "give your Gen 4 ACR to ssjcreeper now!"

Well, 2008 ACR, Black, driver's red stripe with 10,593 miles.

PM me a decent offer and I'll consider it.

WHY?

Because I will be buying a new Viper next year (2013) when they bring out the Gen V ACRs.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious. Does Arkansas have a sales/use tax? If so, does the increased price of a private sale make up for the increased sales tax due when you buy without a trade? Even if you buy out of state, use tax is due before a tag will be issued.

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On this cold (5 c) spring day, I just waxed my Viper and it's crazy...... It's value just went up:drive:

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my car to drive, not as an investment.

That said, I suspect more will go on the market once the fifth gen goes on sale but the Viper is still a rare car -- it's not like you can exactly flood the market with them.

Mike 123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this post was posted it is amazing how many cars have been listed in the classified section. I better hurry and sell mine before it is too late.

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kaneda,
FYI, they are calling the new Viper a Generation V because there have been IV generations preceding it. This is another way of saying this is not the first time a new Viper has been introduced and believe it or not, the prior generation of Vipers did not suffer any unusual decreases in value. I think I will keep my Generation IV ACR for now until they make another car that sets the Nurburgring record.
PAVenom RT/10

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
come on people!

You must be registered for see images attach

Exactly!! I think this is the same person who is over on a corvette site trying the same tactics there about the Viper. He was called out on it and never disputed it either. He is some clown who wants to get people stirred up and revels in the banter. Notice how he hasn't come back to refute anything. He should be banned and booted from the site. In fact, the site should limit non members to viewing only.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this post was posted it is amazing how many cars have been listed in the classified section. I better hurry and sell mine before it is too late.

We're not really seeing any significant increase. :dunno:
There are no 2010's listed, 1 2009, and 2 2008's. And 7 gen 3's.
I think it's the opposite, everyone is holding on right now with a wait and see attitude. Now tomorrow may be different.:omg:

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From what I am hearing from my inside source at Dodge, this new Viper is going to blow away everyone's expectations. Finally a car fully thought out. That being said, if I had a Gen 4, I would sell it fast. The hit to them is going to be real real bad. I'm sure many of you can afford to upgrade, but man, anyone who bought an msrp viper is going to take a huge hit. I still can't get over dealers tryin to get 100+ grand for 2010 acr vipers. Prepare to see those cars going for like 85 by end of summer.

Just wanted to say... See you were wrong :rolaugh:

and before someone said the following to me, I'm going to say it to my self:

come on people!

You must be registered for see images attach

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where would these be? One's that haven't been wrecked.

Well, I've been following the market a lot over the past year in preparation for selling my '08 coupe this summer. There are two on ebay....two or three on autotrader....maybe they aren't exactly what you want, but there they are.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I've been following the market a lot over the past year in preparation for selling my '08 coupe this summer. There are two on ebay....two or three on autotrader....maybe they aren't exactly what you want, but there they are.

I've been following the market as well and am an owner as of a year ago. I get vipers for sale "pushed" to me on a daily basis (Oodle, etc) via email. I just looked on several sites for 08-09 Vipers and found one 08 on Ebay for $56K - hasn't met the reserve yet. All of the other 08's I have seen are, at a minimum, $63K sell priced. In fact, there are a bunch of 09's out there (Tomball Ford for instance) that are at least $105K! Go figure!!

TR930

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking I might look into buying a Gen 4 maybe in a year, hoping the prices might come down some, but after seeing the Gen 5?...... Gen 5 all the way.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen4's were selling a bit high imo because there was no alternative. Now that the Gen5 is out the depreciation on the Gen4's will adjust accordingly to reflect the new car plus normal depreciation for a 3-5 year old previous generation car. There certainly isn't anything that we've seen this week that will boost or even preserve Gen4 values. Nonetheless the Gen4 is still an awesome car.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Seeing a bid on ebay isn't what cars are selling for. Show me a clean no stories Gen 4 without a billion miles in the 50's. I want to see it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang