Gen 4 Suspension

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to lower the car slightly but also want the ride and performance to be better for spirited street and occasional track driving. What are some of your experiences with various different setups? Thanks

Drew

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2010 acr - lowered 3/4 - 1" all the way around. Reset alignment and shocks adjusted. Compromise for track and street in the settings. Looks good, rides good, and have enough clearance I'm very seldom rubbing on anything.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not lower it as the car is low enough with the factory settings and will only cause problems such as striking objects on the road and driveway easier. Adjusting the stiffness is another story especially for the track and is very easy to do. The soft factory settings are not that good. I adjusted mine a long time ago to a slightly stiffer setting and makes a big difference in both street and track handling.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
08 SRT coupe. I just lowered mine with Eibachs. Looks awesome and rides just as good. I plan to do 1 track day a month and am confident it will do great. Only time will tell.

-Tim

Reaction score
Is this car really and ACR? If not then the best set up available for everything you are wanting and the best ride out there would be the MCS/Eibach set up we have sold to so many others like you. It is a double adjustable remote reservoir system, do a search and you will find info on the install and the quality of the system. (We also offered the Motons before the sale of that company to another) The engineering and supports staff of MCS are all the same guys from the old Moton and the MCS offerings are an evolution of their older design. If you can wait a while we are working on a single adjustable non remote option and hope to have something in the future that may be more cost effective for a driver that is not a dedicated track guy. You can see that thread here; http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/662355-MCS-new-product-poll

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MCS will set you back 4 to 5 grand:omg:. My car rides way better then stock and is adjustable . Paid $1500 plus shipping. The car rides better then my 13 Ram with air suspension!!!!.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to lower the car slightly but also want the ride and performance to be better for spirited street and occasional track driving. What are some of your experiences with various different setups? Thanks

As Mamba52 mentioned my Viapir coilovers are adjustable, give a great ride and cost $1500 plus shipping,

here is a pics I just received from an install this weekend, feedback was he loves the ride!

OP
OP
S

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this car really and ACR? If not then the best set up available for everything you are wanting and the best ride out there would be the MCS/Eibach set up we have sold to so many others like you. It is a double adjustable remote reservoir system, do a search and you will find info on the install and the quality of the system. (We also offered the Motons before the sale of that company to another) The engineering and supports staff of MCS are all the same guys from the old Moton and the MCS offerings are an evolution of their older design. If you can wait a while we are working on a single adjustable non remote option and hope to have something in the future that may be more cost effective for a driver that is not a dedicated track guy. You can see that thread here; http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/662355-MCS-new-product-poll

I never said it was an ACR its a VOI edition actually.

OP
OP
S

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
08 SRT coupe. I just lowered mine with Eibachs. Looks awesome and rides just as good. I plan to do 1 track day a month and am confident it will do great. Only time will tell.

-Tim
You have any pics of the car with the Eibacks? How is the ride compared to stock? How much did it lower the car compared to stock? Thanks

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are looking for occasional track use, you are pretty much limited to MCS or Penske.

If you want to just be able to lower your car, get a better and more controlable ride, then the less expensive KW Variant 2 could do the job.

Some other shocks are available, and even cheaper, but are unproven. You will find some people that like almost everything, even cut springs and lowering caps, but they have their limitations.

Some years back, Aldan shocks were the budget choice, but soon after they got some miles on them, the complaints started pouring in. Word is that they have upgraded their technology, but they have lost quite a bit of credibility with their earlier efforts and claims.

If you can find some used Motons, and get the right ones, you may save some money. They were really good for what you requested, but the company sold out, and the jury is out if they still fill the bill. MCS is made up of some of the previous Moton peope, and seem to be the current hot ticket.

I currently have the KW Variants on my 09. They are much better shocks than stock, give a more comfortable ride, are easily adjustable, and long lasting. I have taken them on road courses and they are not acceptable to me there. They have a bit of pogo effect that can unweigh the car in a disturbing manner on high speed sweepers. I am planning on upgrading them to MCS in the near future.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Paul,

I have the word that the non remote single adjustable MCS are a GO! I have ordered 5 sets for the SRT and they can also do the Gen2 cars. We are about 2-3 weeks out from shipping. With springs and everything I "hope" to be right around the $3200 mark which should really help out those that are a bit gun shy on the double remote offerings for $5K. I also have been assured that the new shock will actually ride BETTER then the Club Sport versions so the mostly street guys can have their cake and eat it too!

If you are looking for occasional track use, you are pretty much limited to MCS or Penske.

If you want to just be able to lower your car, get a better and more controlable ride, then the less expensive KW Variant 2 could do the job.

Some other shocks are available, and even cheaper, but are unproven. You will find some people that like almost everything, even cut springs and lowering caps, but they have their limitations.

Some years back, Aldan shocks were the budget choice, but soon after they got some miles on them, the complaints started pouring in. Word is that they have upgraded their technology, but they have lost quite a bit of credibility with their earlier efforts and claims.

If you can find some used Motons, and get the right ones, you may save some money. They were really good for what you requested, but the company sold out, and the jury is out if they still fill the bill. MCS is made up of some of the previous Moton peope, and seem to be the current hot ticket.

I currently have the KW Variants on my 09. They are much better shocks than stock, give a more comfortable ride, are easily adjustable, and long lasting. I have taken them on road courses and they are not acceptable to me there. They have a bit of pogo effect that can unweigh the car in a disturbing manner on high speed sweepers. I am planning on upgrading them to MCS in the near future.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You have any pics of the car with the Eibacks? How is the ride compared to stock? How much did it lower the car compared to stock? Thanks

Here is the car with just eibachs. Don't mind all the wacky colors its a work in progress.

-Tim

OP
OP
S

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is the car with just eibachs. Don't mind all the wacky colors its a work in progress.

-Tim

You have a bigger pic from the side? How much drop is that around 1"?

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It dropped it a good inch. I'm very pleased with it so far. I don't have any better pics right now sorry. It looks like I'm going KW instead now so PM me if you'd be interested in buying this setup.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang