Gen III to Gen IV Engine Build

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact Mark Jorgenson regarding the carbon covers. I purchased mine used.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay Dan is making some more progress....

Here are the igniters to be used in the custom conversion to the genIV 10 coil setup... Dan will need to explain the purpose of the igniters if interested.

Here they are mounted to the custom bracket fabricated to fit underneath GenIV intake.

Lower intake going on... It is powder coated Pearl Black.

Igniter setup mounted

And the one i have been waiting for, the upper intake mounted... BLING!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Pictures DO NOT do this build any justice whatsoever! Just wait until the Polished Red Fuel Rails get mixed in with that!

This is truly a unique build, and absolutely the ONLY setup that has been built this way.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And its mine!!!!!!! Cant wait to hear and see the final product... Oh yeah and drive it also! haha.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks fantastic so far, can't wait to see the finished product.

Best of luck with it, but with the skills on your side it's not a matter of luck!

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick update but apparently not easily done.

Dan rewiring all the injectors. Do you believe he broke four nails doing it? haha.

GenIV injectors installed and passenger bank all re-wired and neat . Dan I have to love your attention to detail.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Broken nails? Naw.... Broken fingers- from slamming them in the door on purpose trying to add some excitement to the boring task. LOL

In other news: Your shift light did show up today, I didn't see it until later in the day. Also finally got the mounting plate back from Anodizing today. Finally have everything in hand to at least get up through the manifold completion.

Throttle Bodies are in the mail, and have a meeting tomorrow with the company who will be manufacturing the throttle-body adapters, since no one makes any mechanical throttle bodies in the right bolt pattern. I am going for a fully machined 5+ axis milled piece with a tapered machined throat. This should also help get the throttle bodies in the proper position for the control cable. I opted for this direction since the manifold mounting profile differs from the throttle body mounting profile, and a 5-axis+ would giver a very trick looking "fade" from one profile to the other.

Basically just a few loose ends to tie up on this one.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Four day weekend coming up Turkey day....would be a great time to wring this baby out.
Just saying.....:drive:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
While it would be nice of course and not impossible, unfortunately I am at the mercy of the machine shops on something like this. A one-off build like this has to absorb all of the R&D, production and development times. It may not seem like much, but solving, locating and producing the Coil implementation, the Idle Air Control issues, the throttle body fitments, and re-wiring and relocation of wiring for this setup was not simple. Add in the custom finishes on virtually everything, and you have parts going all over town waiting for other processes at every turn. This also doesn't include the standard delays & machining on such a setup, which would normally always apply. I am sure that everyone can see from the pictures that 90% of the work was done in a hurry, and then it slowed down greatly- that was all of the above mentioned work holding it up, which had to wait until it was assembled for clearance purposes, and then had to wait again for refinishing after it was completed. Those parts are finally in hand or on their way in hand, so you will very soon see another big jump up through the Throttle Body installation.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan I am in no rush. I'd rather it done right instead of rushed, especially considering all the customization. Dan the throttle body set up sounds cool. Can't wait to see it come together.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan I am in no rush. I'd rather it done right instead of rushed, especially considering all the customization. Dan the throttle body set up sounds cool. Can't wait to see it come together.

So much for a basic throttle body adapter, eh Tom? ;o)

The gears have been turning since we got off the phone as well........ I think even the actual Gen-4 guys may like me a whole lot more when this is done, I decided to invite them to the party... haha

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan you are doing a great job as usual.
The last 10% of all builds takes 90% of the time! :)
If I can help let me know. I've got in house Cnc machining and throttle bodies are nothing new to me.
Just another option if I can help.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like when those gears are turning.... I guess you have some further trick ideas up your sleeve. Cant wait to hear about them. At least I know it isn't regarding the throttle bodies because mine will have the throttle cable connected to them! haha. Sorry Gen IV guys. Had to throw that in there.

Party? Did someone mention a party? I will bring the tequila!

So much for a basic throttle body adapter, eh Tom? ;o)

The gears have been turning since we got off the phone as well........ I think even the actual Gen-4 guys may like me a whole lot more when this is done, I decided to invite them to the party... haha

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick update. Dan is currently rebuilding the wiring harness to accommodate the change from the gen3 ignition/coil setup to genIV individual coil pack setup. I wish i could tell you what is going on in the pic.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doubling coil output count, relocating MAP wiring, relocating IAC wiring, powering new coils, installing capacitors to help with coil charge times.

My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

-J. Spicoli

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"make up your mind dude. Is your brother going to **** or is he going to kill us?" "First he is going to **** then he is going to kill us!"

My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

-J. Spicoli

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick update for Thanksgiving...

Wiring harness done.

Next up is the intake, fuel rails, throttle bodies, throttle cable setup and intake-filter setup.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Last edited:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tom- Looks like Picture #1 is one picture back too far, that was before the passenger side was done.

Just have to wrap the loom and its good to go for all of the other goodies to be dropped on.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom- Looks like Picture #1 is one picture back too far, that was before the passenger side was done.

Just have to wrap the loom and its good to go for all of the other goodies to be dropped on.

You too Dan...enjoying watching Tom's progress as it unfolds!

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy fix. Sorry about that.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok some good progress....

Fuel rails, brackets and oil filler cap back from polish and anodizing....

Wiring harness wrapped, Passenger side coil caps installed and fuel rail mounted.

Coil Covers and fuel rails installed.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Call Heff, we have next months centerfold. Pix have been added to my **** hiding app.

Ok some good progress....

Fuel rails, brackets and oil filler cap back from polish and anodizing....

Wiring harness wrapped, Passenger side coil caps installed and fuel rail mounted.

Coil Covers and fuel rails installed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62