GEN IV Oil leak under intake?

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HELP! Has anybody had a problem with an oil leak under their intake?
When my intake was removed to have it plumbed for direct port nitrous, there was oil in the forward valley, near the variable cam oil solenoid. The "O" ring was changed, but still leaked. Next, the solenoid and "O" ring was replaced - still leaks. Next the hex head plugs were taken out, and sealer applied and replaced - "something" still leaks oil?
Looking at the attached photo, the solenoid is to the left. What is that other thing with wires going to?
BillyC
You must be registered for see images attach

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stragnest thing I've seen. ***, how did oil even get there?!

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a manifold expert, but if the manifold was modified in any way (the lower manifold) where is was drilled into or ported, could it have punctured through and what you are seeing is oil dripping from the inside of the lower manifold that would normally get sucked into the motor?

My thoughts are far fetched since that is a lot of oil but it might be worth a look.......good luck.

George

Reaction score
I would clean it up and then watch for it again. Almost looks like (since t is many different valleys) that it was spilled there at some point?

OP
OP
T

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HELP! Has anybody had a problem with an oil leak under their intake?
When my intake was removed to have it plumbed for direct port nitrous, there was oil in the forward valley, near the variable cam oil solenoid. The "O" ring was changed, but still leaked. Next, the solenoid and "O" ring was replaced - still leaks. Next the hex head plugs were taken out, and sealer applied and replaced - "something" still leaks oil?
Looking at the attached photo, the solenoid is to the left. What is that other thing with wires going to?
BillyC
You must be registered for see images attach

Oil Leak under intake FIXED!
On Gen IV's there is a solenoid, as mentioned above, that was still leaking, even though the "O" ring was changed twice.
We removed the solenoid a third time. Instead of replacing the "O" ring with a factory one again, we used a much harder (90 Durometer) "O" ring.
It was a beach to get the solenoid back on, but when we finally did, it solved the problem.
Thanks
BillyC

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. Hopefully mine does not leak.
Oil Leak under intake FIXED!
On Gen IV's there is a solenoid, as mentioned above, that was still leaking, even though the "O" ring was changed twice.
We removed the solenoid a third time. Instead of replacing the "O" ring with a factory one again, we used a much harder (90 Durometer) "O" ring.
It was a beach to get the solenoid back on, but when we finally did, it solved the problem.
Thanks
BillyC

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery