Gen IV Remap ?

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get a insuffecient heat in cat cel in my car from time to time and I clear the code with a hand held and continue to drive the car. I was on my way to dyno the car and had a cell pop up. I cleared the cell on the dyno but didn't give the car any time between clearing the cel and the dyno pull. I dyno'd the car on the same exact dyno and lost 15-17rwhp in the same air:dunno:.

My question is after clearing a cel does the GEN IV computer need time to re-learn fuel maps or does it revert to a safe mode? Any help from you Viper gurus will be greatly appreciated.

I fogot to mention have full Belangers with cats, a ported intake manifold, and flat panel KN. Power dropped from 582rwhp to 565rwhp and trq went from 562 to 542:mad:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Touch base w/Mark J at Woodhouse or Dan at DC, the CEL can go off due to headers, not sure if the computer has to re-learn, I don't think so.

As for power, I don't think your headers dropped you any hp, your 582 was on a very, very generous dyno. 565 is about right for Gen IV's w/belangers. On DC's dyno IV's w/belangers, computer and ported intakes make 575-580.

OP
OP

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Touch base w/Mark J at Woodhouse or Dan at DC, the CEL can go off due to headers, not sure if the computer has to re-learn, I don't think so.

As for power, I don't think your headers dropped you any hp, your 582 was on a very, very generous dyno. 565 is about right for Gen IV's w/belangers. On DC's dyno IV's w/belangers, computer and ported intakes make 575-580.

Same dyno! and I have the ported intake....same air temp/elevation :eater:

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Has to be something with the PCM and the CEL. My stock 08 made 549whp on this dyno, and another 09 Viper with Belangers/Mopar PCM made 590, all on the same day (this past Saturday). 99FRC's Viper is a strong car, I just think the CEL messed with the dyno numbers.

Reaction score
I don't think that the CEL is affecting the numbers as you think. that is less than a 3% difference on a 700hp car. The dyno could be the issue OR the temps of the engine could be just enough to sway 15hp, we have seen it.