Gen IV Remap ?

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get a insuffecient heat in cat cel in my car from time to time and I clear the code with a hand held and continue to drive the car. I was on my way to dyno the car and had a cell pop up. I cleared the cell on the dyno but didn't give the car any time between clearing the cel and the dyno pull. I dyno'd the car on the same exact dyno and lost 15-17rwhp in the same air:dunno:.

My question is after clearing a cel does the GEN IV computer need time to re-learn fuel maps or does it revert to a safe mode? Any help from you Viper gurus will be greatly appreciated.

I fogot to mention have full Belangers with cats, a ported intake manifold, and flat panel KN. Power dropped from 582rwhp to 565rwhp and trq went from 562 to 542:mad:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Touch base w/Mark J at Woodhouse or Dan at DC, the CEL can go off due to headers, not sure if the computer has to re-learn, I don't think so.

As for power, I don't think your headers dropped you any hp, your 582 was on a very, very generous dyno. 565 is about right for Gen IV's w/belangers. On DC's dyno IV's w/belangers, computer and ported intakes make 575-580.

OP
OP

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Touch base w/Mark J at Woodhouse or Dan at DC, the CEL can go off due to headers, not sure if the computer has to re-learn, I don't think so.

As for power, I don't think your headers dropped you any hp, your 582 was on a very, very generous dyno. 565 is about right for Gen IV's w/belangers. On DC's dyno IV's w/belangers, computer and ported intakes make 575-580.

Same dyno! and I have the ported intake....same air temp/elevation :eater:

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Has to be something with the PCM and the CEL. My stock 08 made 549whp on this dyno, and another 09 Viper with Belangers/Mopar PCM made 590, all on the same day (this past Saturday). 99FRC's Viper is a strong car, I just think the CEL messed with the dyno numbers.

Reaction score
I don't think that the CEL is affecting the numbers as you think. that is less than a 3% difference on a 700hp car. The dyno could be the issue OR the temps of the engine could be just enough to sway 15hp, we have seen it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS