Gen V - "a naked woman on the beach"

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No kidding. These articles on the net do nothing but irritate those of us who still feel a bit screwed for not seeing photos of the concept yet. Another reason to question the VCA membership I had, when it was "unveiled" but not shared with the rest of the paying membership here. Who wants to bet that the media will get first dibs on viewing the concept since the VOI meet, and it will end up in magazines before the rest of the VCA members get to see pics?

I agree....it kind of makes me say who cares...While waiting for the blessing by Dodge,many will just buy something out there and not wait for Dodge's blessing to the world...I am not even interested anymore honestly.Whoever is waiting with drooling lips can do what they like.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I respect Mr. Coleman's bodybuilding skills and the tremendous effort that he puts into training, at least to me, he looks like a freak of nature. And, more importantly, someone like him has limited freedom of movement and agility. The Viper has to be an agile vehicle.

I think that my Viper's appearance is beautiful and assertive (bordering on aggressive). It works for me that its design is also a clean, uncomplicated design that has staying power. I would have no interest in buying a car that has a freakish appearance.

You thought way too far into that statement. lol

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Along with the shape, I hope Dodge takes this use of Ethanol in to consideration as well.

Last edited:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nine Ball;

I CAN'T afford a new car. My GEN III was new but a special circumstance after I sold my company. ALL my other vehicles have been used. My point was with regards to people who were not planning on buying a new car anyway, if not, their opinion to Dodge really doesn't mean much and shouldn't. This thread is surprisingly negative. I wouldn't have though that after annoucements of a new car were approved. That is disappointing.

Yes Jim K, that is pretty much the shape.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys in Houston have no money. Zero. Zilch. :rolaugh:

Have you settled into your new place in Houston (Sugar Land) yet? :lmao:

I missed VOI 11 and would've liked to seen the new Gen V, as much as the next guy. These days as fast as months go by, the pictures aren't too far away. If this is Chrysler's marketing model, so be it. If you can't wait, buy something else maybe it'll be easier for me to get a Gen V.

To date, NO Gen Viper has disappointed me, and am confident (with patience) that #V won't either :2tu:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to get a visual bead on this Viper?

Is this beach ******* her back or on all fours? :dunno:

Jim ;)

Neither. Lying on tummy. :D

But I really want to know is where the heck does Ralph and Doris go when they are on vacation that he come up with this theory! :lmao:

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mon guys. shouldn't we set our goals a bit higher for the GEN V.. vette, GT-R and porsche...big deal . I want to go after the Scuderia and LP560 Gallardo!! Let's return to the mid 90's when Viper was second to none.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nevermind THAT, Doris must be a VERY forgiving and loving wife if she lets Ralph get away with his comments about Halle Berry :omg::)

Neither. Lying on tummy. :D

But I really want to know is where the heck does Ralph and Doris go when they are on vacation that he come up with this theory! :lmao:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deep down, don't Vette owners already want a Viper anyway???
I dont think so as the Vette is pretty reliable and more user friendly for a daily driver. Many owners could afford a Viper and would simply buy one if they really wanted one. Some members have both, best of both worlds.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the Gen V a sure thing? I thought it still has to pass the business case by Sergio's Mafia committee. It's interesting to see the whining here (myself included but I didn't bother posting) but all will be forgotten when the curtains go up and the jaws drop........and wallets open. I believe the naked woman thing speaks to elegance which I would appreciate.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen V rear 3/4 view...?

You must be registered for see images

Jim ;)

:omg: If it looks like that I may be able to figure out a way to come up with the money... Where should I keep her so my wife won't see? :dunno: Everything else in my mind now is being edited & censored...

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think so as the Vette is pretty reliable and more user friendly for a daily driver. Many owners could afford a Viper and would simply buy one if they really wanted one. Some members have both, best of both worlds.

Yes I understand, my post was not a serious one. More of a friendly poke.

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The legacy of the Viper has not been sold out. The legacy is to be the the king. Look at the Nissan GTR. Look at the ZR1. Look at the new Porsche GT3. Keep in mind the upcoming change(s) in government regulations. Other performance car manufacturers are aware of the intense competition for our performance dollars and continually upgrade their cars as technology gets better and better. Unless the Viper evolves, it will not survive in its automotive environmental niche. Some people like old technology in cars. I am not one of them. I have continuously upgraded the all around performance of my car and look forward to see what magic the SRT Engineers and Ralph produce with the Gen V.

I think that those of us who have spent time speaking with Ralph one on one have a different view of reality than some of those who have not. Ralph is a young, incredibly energetic, highly competitive car guy who races, who happens to be the head of the Dodge Brand and the Senior VP of Design for Chrysler. He is an artist-gearhead-executive with natural leadership ability. He does not have a phony bone in his body. He is highly unusual for an executive with the power he wields.

I know it is hard for some to do but trust Ralph. He will not disappoint us because he will not disappoint himself. He is proud of and loves the Viper. The Gen V will be a game changer and blow the collective mind of the automotive world just like the first Gen I did so many years ago.

I hope your right. I had a Viper from 2002. I can't even tell you how much I've been turned off from Gen 3's...Gen 4 are "ok" but don't do it for.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper...the car needs to be KING of the HP wars to be relevant, and the other makes are now producing 600 plus HP, 500 plus TQ. The only way it can be KING is to surpass others in the HP wars. I think looks are important to many, but for me, its more about the platform and the performance numbers. A 50-75 HP bump isn't going to do it. I want to hear about the first 700 HP 600 TQ motor in a production car under 3000 lb.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21