Gen V - "a naked woman on the beach"

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many freakin' people own a Gen V now? Don't you dare preach to me about what it takes to represent the Viper you putz! I'm entitled to my opinion as are you, I've done at least as much as you and probably more to promote the Viper, I've gotten more Viper owners on the track then you can ever hope to. So stop nut-swinging and think for yourself.

Uhhh,

What can I say,

I saw it, the Gen 5, I like it, I sat in on a focus group and gave my comments to help make it better.

Your comments are off base and misguided and made with no basis in fact.

When has a member of the public ever had any say in the final product a car company makes?

Did any of us influence the Gen 1? Gen 2? Gen 3? Gen 4?

Now there is a CEO that actually asks for opinions and there is a problem with that?

Last edited:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brady,

All dodge is doing is building a car, they let a few people that paid thousands a head see a concept, it was a work in progress. They are not releasing pics because it gives the competition a leg up on what is in effect a trade secret at this point. It is not a slight of hand or teh work of the devil, it is just business. Most people wouldn't have disclosed the car at all, they didn;t have to, they decided to get opinions from Viper owners about what they had done so far. Those of us who did not make the treck to Utah, should not feel slighted we should just be happy that our bretheren had a vote to cast for those who did not go.

Steve, we release printers all of the time that cost multiple times what the Viper does, sell volumes far in excess of the Viper, and frankly hold more technology and trade secrets than you could ever package in a car, and they are works in progress up to their release date. You know what we do? We post a picture of part of the printer, the cover, the case, a statement of output, etc... Commonly, it will be marketed as a slower PPM device than it is when it releases to market just in case someone was trying to match up with it through the marketing campaign. Never would we step out and say that our printer is like a curvy woman at the beach. Sure it builds suspense with the hard up and or prepubescent, but to the guy looking to actually plan for a purchase, it is quite simply dumb. Take a quarter shot, and if Dodge wants to take the shapely woman approach to marketing, integrate the coming in to shape portion to the ad. While life got in the way of Utah, it would be nice to see something on the car other than a bad logo.

I am sure the teasers are coming, but right now, all marketing and press speaks to this curvy naked chick, and then they post a picture of a Gen 4 or some bastardized hack job of a concept car. For guys like me, that is a turn off.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well at least it wasn't an excited naked man on the beach, not good for high speed aero, a g. stopper in the middle!! LOL

So is the frame... steel or aluminium thats my big question? Weight!? Ali Viper (and the tech is there from the Prowler, would be the way to go...)

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, we release printers all of the time that cost multiple times what the Viper does, sell volumes far in excess of the Viper, and frankly hold more technology and trade secrets than you could ever package in a car, and they are works in progress up to their release date. You know what we do? We post a picture of part of the printer, the cover, the case, a statement of output, etc... Commonly, it will be marketed as a slower PPM device than it is when it releases to market just in case someone was trying to match up with it through the marketing campaign. Never would we step out and say that our printer is like a curvy woman at the beach. Sure it builds suspense with the hard up and or prepubescent, but to the guy looking to actually plan for a purchase, it is quite simply dumb. Take a quarter shot, and if Dodge wants to take the shapely woman approach to marketing, integrate the coming in to shape portion to the ad. While life got in the way of Utah, it would be nice to see something on the car other than a bad logo.

I am sure the teasers are coming, but right now, all marketing and press speaks to this curvy naked chick, and then they post a picture of a Gen 4 or some bastardized hack job of a concept car. For guys like me, that is a turn off.

All good points Brady, next time Ralph calls me and asks me what he should do, I'm just gonna give him your number.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well at least it wasn't an excited naked man on the beach, not good for high speed aero, a g. stopper in the middle!! LOL

So is the frame... steel or aluminium thats my big question? Weight!? Ali Viper (and the tech is there from the Prowler, would be the way to go...)

I think it was made of Clay.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All good points Brady, next time Ralph calls me and asks me what he should do, I'm just gonna give him your number.

Please don't.:rolaugh: To pull this back to the tease concept and naked women on the beach; it is kind of like the girl who you take out and nothing happens, but your friends have talked about having seen her ****, and then you go bang her friend because you are tired of waiting. Same concept. While others wait, I am going to go drive something else.

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to get a visual bead on this Viper?

Is this beach ******* her back or on all fours? :dunno:

Jim ;)

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the curves are mentioned, assume the young woman is laying on her side facing you smiling. Start saving now. The Gen V may be bought from dealers before they wash the protective sand off. You should try to keep abreast of the car's development so that you can place your deposit with the dealer when the time comes for the order book to open. LQ.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't even comment on the disappointment of not getting any real information, and stick to the information that we did get.

I don't like the idea of the Viper looking like a beautiful naked women. The Viper is bold and gnarly, an in your face mean looking vehicle. More like a Pitbull that you look at, and you know right away you just shouldn't f@ck with it. That is exactly what I love about it.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't even comment on the disappointment of not getting any real information, and stick to the information that we did get.

I don't like the idea of the Viper looking like a beautiful naked women. The Viper is bold and gnarly, an in your face mean looking vehicle. More like a Pitbull that you look at, and you know right away you just shouldn't f@ck with it. That is exactly what I love about it.

Isn't a beautiful naked woman on the beach bold and in your face? Beautiful does not mean that the lady is not somewhat mean looking. Ask Chad. LOL.

Seriously, I think the comment was a genius marketing move. It has gone viral in the media. With budgets being tight, free advertising like this is just what the doctor ordered.

Back to the humor. How funny/interesting would it be to see an ad/brochure for a printing machine showing a naked woman on the beach saying: " If you like our ad, buy our printer. It was used to create the ad."

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You had to be at VOI11 to see the picture and understand the "concept". The beautiful shape of a beautiful woman lying on her front with her arms pirching her body up slightly and her pelvis lifted slightly off the ground. That smooth, curvacous free flowing line from her shoulders through the small of her back and through a very firm butt can only be found in nature. That is what they are after. EVERYONE loves that shape. Get it!

The concept was to not try and create a new car with harsh lines and hard angles, etc. which do not or very rarely exist in nature. The point was to convey the concept of extremely pleasing to the eye so everything fits perfectly. It was also to annouce a return to the smooth and rounded styling of the GEN I/II car. What better way than to relay that than to a picture of a certain "Swordfish" actress on a beach. A picture is worth a thousand words. Hey a Tiger is beautiful to look at but you know you should not mess with it. You don't have to look like a snagglepuss to get the point across.

Most who are whinning and b!tching probably won't buy a new car and wait for a used one anyway. Hey the point is they are building a new car. What was presented was very, very Viper and very nice but clearly not finished. Ralph is a Viper guy through and through and through. Sergio is a Ferarri and perfomance guy who recognizes passion and wants a bit of American flavor to his company. You have EVERYTHING to make this car right. I don't see why anyone is complaining. Yes it would be nice to get a photo or something but we have to be patient. Also we are still in a recession so it is not the right time to introduce a new performance car anyway. Geshhhh!

Last edited:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bob, I will bet you half of this awful cup of coffee over here that if they would put an add in the rags that had half of the car's picture, and the other half a curvy woman, and at the bottom said accepting pre orders, there would be a line at the door. No giving away of the whole car, it uses their media one liner more, and as you say, creates a buzz with little capital outlay.

And your answer about the printer bit, the Japanese manufacturers have a very limited sense of humor. I can tell you over here though, that printing files of models are used to show print samples.:rolaugh: Effective, and it definitely gets their attention.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, the naked woman that inspired the GenV design....did she have a big butt or what? Curious what the rear-end looks like.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't a beautiful naked woman on the beach bold and in your face?

I suppose one might think so, if they don't get the luxury of seeing a beautiful naked woman on a regular basis. But either way, what is more bold and mean?? A beautiful naked woman, or Ronnie Coleman busting a most muscular pose and yelling in your face??

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im hoping this naked chick on the beach is young, full of attitude, tatted up, pierced, hard bodied, jet black hair and for the first time ever for me.... non asian

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am having trouble visualizing what you are writing about below. Perhaps you should post one of those files to help educate us about your business. Inquiring minds want to know.

I can tell you over here though, that printing files of models are used to show print samples.:rolaugh: Effective, and it definitely gets their attention.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I respect Mr. Coleman's bodybuilding skills and the tremendous effort that he puts into training, at least to me, he looks like a freak of nature. And, more importantly, someone like him has limited freedom of movement and agility. The Viper has to be an agile vehicle.

I think that my Viper's appearance is beautiful and assertive (bordering on aggressive). It works for me that its design is also a clean, uncomplicated design that has staying power. I would have no interest in buying a car that has a freakish appearance.

I suppose one might think so, if they don't get the luxury of seeing a beautiful naked woman on a regular basis. But either way, what is more bold and mean?? A beautiful naked woman, or Ronnie Coleman busting a most muscular pose and yelling in your face??

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The new Viper's look was inspired by “a naked woman on the beach,”

What does that mean? Maybe very slipery and with an attitude:D

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Tucker..little teases of small, "set in stone" design details would go a long way...roll them out every few months over this upcoming year. Hell, if it's going to be built in 2012 as a 2013, that's coming up quick! Get some buzz going within the current owners...the diehards who bought the old cars!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21