Gen V - "a naked woman on the beach"

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MoparBoy has a good point: Is Ralph's view from a bungalow on the French Rivera, or is he squishing sand between his toes down in Rio?
There's a difference between "Nice curves" and "Look at the backyard on that one!".

To the people attempting to justify a picture/concept, how about this....

- Dodge slips a pic to a forum member.
- It gets posted.
- Reviews are good (but some clown always complains, right?)
- A member of the GM design team happens to find the image while doing his daily perusing of this forum.
- GM is at the perfect stage in new C7 development to take a bunch of those design and performance features and add them to new Corvette production.
- The new Corvette comes out and looks (and performs) almost exactly like the new Viper was supposed to.
- Dodge pleased a few whiners with a picture, but now a ton of their pre-orders have canceled and GM has a head start on uber-car sales.
- Dodge has to go back to the proverbial drawing board and re-do the Viper.
- Viper lovers now have to wait even longer than they had to before.

The design of a car is IP (intellectual property), and it's VERY important to keep that protected and close to the vest. Doesn't matter if it's an econo-box or a super car. If GM doesn't nab cues (or the whole damn thing), then someone else will.
Heeellllloooooooooo China!

Is that what you want?

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MoparBoy has a good point: Is Ralph's view from a bungalow on the French Rivera, or is he squishing sand between his toes down in Rio?
There's a difference between "Nice curves" and "Look at the backyard on that one!".

To the people attempting to justify a picture/concept, how about this....

- Dodge slips a pic to a forum member.
- It gets posted.
- Reviews are good (but some clown always complains, right?)
- A member of the GM design team happens to find the image while doing his daily perusing of this forum.
- GM is at the perfect stage in new C7 development to take a bunch of those design and performance features and add them to new Corvette production.
- The new Corvette comes out and looks (and performs) almost exactly like the new Viper was supposed to.
- Dodge pleased a few whiners with a picture, but now a ton of their pre-orders have canceled and GM has a head start on uber-car sales.
- Dodge has to go back to the proverbial drawing board and re-do the Viper.
- Viper lovers now have to wait even longer than they had to before.

The design of a car is IP (intellectual property), and it's VERY important to keep that protected and close to the vest. Doesn't matter if it's an econo-box or a super car. If GM doesn't nab cues (or the whole damn thing), then someone else will.
Heeellllloooooooooo China!

Is that what you want?

If GM wanted it (not saying they don't) who is to say that they are not already a Viper owner and already participated in the VOI and already knows what it looks like and is already adding the styling ques to the C7.

That said I do not think we will see a C7 anytime soon so I suspect the new Viper will be out way before any C7's.

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Gen V is not raced in and wins the FIA GT Championship, ALMS GT Championship, SPEED GT Championship, SCCA Championship, Daytona 24 OVERALL and class winner, 24 Le Mans class winner like the GTS did for MULTIPLE years it's just another POSER Viper with ZERO race winning credibility or history.:drive::usa: Until it does what the GTS did I will only own a RACE CHAMPION GTS that looks like a naked woman waiting in my bed in the ************ position which is way better than a "naked woman on the beach".:2tu: Time for VIPER to prove itself in racing or just ****.

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper...the car needs to be KING of the HP wars to be relevant, and the other makes are now producing 600 plus HP, 500 plus TQ. The only way it can be KING is to surpass others in the HP wars. I think looks are important to many, but for me, its more about the platform and the performance numbers. A 50-75 HP bump isn't going to do it. I want to hear about the first 700 HP 600 TQ motor in a production car under 3000 lb.

Exactly. The Gen V had better be able to convincingly beat my Gen IV ACR around the track or else it's just cosmetics and that's not enough. Every generation has out performed the previous.

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. The Gen V had better be able to convincingly beat my Gen IV ACR around the track or else it's just cosmetics and that's not enough. Every generation has out performed the previous.

Except in a real race series. Gen II GTS still rules as far as race history.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bet Dodge unveils the next generation Viper at a VCA event.

Might spring it to us at a Zone event or Presidents meeting. Maybe even next January at the Detroit Auto Show.

No reason for more pictures till close to release date.

For those of us that saw the full sized model we appreciate the huge step up the evolutionary scale the new Viper has taken. Think it will be a very successful launch.

It will not appeal to everybody, but for those it does, it should evoke a pure desire to own one.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly! It must SUBSTANTIALLY exceed the performace envelope of the Gen IV at the same price point or I will just wait for something that does! 20-40hp is just not enough given the performance of other cars and the costs inherent in switching cars. I know Dodge CAN do it, it just remains to be seen whether Dodge WILL do it! The Gen V should also be modable more like earlier generations. The GTR and FGT both allow cost-effective modifications (and yes, I do realize that both have forced induction). :usa:

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If GM wanted it (not saying they don't) who is to say that they are not already a Viper owner and already participated in the VOI and already knows what it looks like and is already adding the styling ques to the C7.

That said I do not think we will see a C7 anytime soon so I suspect the new Viper will be out way before any C7's.

That was well said.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this wouldnt happen, but it would be cool for Dodge to do a 1 minute teaser video (similar to the ones Pagani released for the new Huayra) during the Super Bowl. Wishful thinking of course.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this wouldnt happen, but it would be cool for Dodge to do a 1 minute teaser video (similar to the ones Pagani released for the new Huayra) during the Super Bowl. Wishful thinking of course.

That would be a cool commercial showing flashes of the car and not enough to rally put the whole picture together. Just enough to keep you intrigued

great idea

Bruce

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the above rear had anything to do with it, it would run on batteries.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21