GenII in screen shots from Gran Turismo 5 = WOW!

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the GT series, but there is one major flaw with it. 97% of the cars are Japanese. I don't need 12 different versions for the NSX and Civic's in a game. Not to mention Honda's Life Step Van and a couple dozen other cars that have no place in a racing game.

djacob372

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the GT series, but there is one major flaw with it. 97% of the cars are Japanese. I don't need 12 different versions for the NSX and Civic's in a game. Not to mention Honda's Life Step Van and a couple dozen other cars that have no place in a racing game.

Agree, but that's not the makers fault. American and european auto manufactures make it very difficult to use their cars without getting sued, or shelling out big $$.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks great but an observation:

Pre-release screencaps of games are often retouched, the real game will approach that but not be identical. I am a HUGE fan of the GT series but after repeated delayed release of every installment of the game I bought an XB360 and am currently enjoying Forza 2 racing around in the Mumfor competition coupe.

We'll see if they hit their launch deadline, though I am doubtful.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or do those mirrors on the yellow GTS look disproportionately large? Looks like litle piggy wings. Our mirrors aren't that big, are they?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While Gran Turismo looks good, that's about all it is...

Forza 2 still has my vote as the best racing game. Sadly, just like the real John Hennessey he stole power rights, you can't mount turbo's or superchargers to the base vipers anymore because Hennessey allowed his TT car to be the only modded viper while the base ones are all motor.

GT5 is scheduled to have in-car cameras with a complete full working dash. I'm praying to god they put the RT/10 back into the game.

--RS

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You all are wrong. The sapphire blue has already completed the race. It is sitting on the sideline, yawning, as the other Vipers finish the race.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That game is exactly what those who want all the electronic nannies should buy and stick with for racing. Playing the simulation is even safer than real cars with ABS, traction control, etc. Shifting in the game is easier than paddle shifting and those who want run flats need not worry about being stranded. :poke: :buttkick: :slap: :chair: :comp1: :eater: :rolaugh: :lmao: