Good and loud mufflers?

RoboSquirrel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys im new here and i was wondering what mufflers to get on my snake. Right now it has no cats and swamp boat mufflers put on by the previous owner. I am look just to swap out that part. What single piece muffler should i get? mangnaflow, flowmaster? something else? thanks guys!

OP
OP
R

RoboSquirrel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys, im looking for a standalone muffler tho to weld into the current system which a custom 3" setup.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys im new here and i was wondering what mufflers to get on my snake. Right now it has no cats and swamp boat mufflers put on by the previous owner. I am look just to swap out that part. What single piece muffler should i get? mangnaflow, flowmaster? something else? thanks guys!

Do you know what brand of muffler is in there now? What year is your Viper? Some members replaced their cats with Moroso spiral flow mufflers. Try searching the forum for spiral flow and there should be a few threads on the topic. Hope this helps. - Tony

OP
OP
R

RoboSquirrel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my car is a 1997 gts. it has an arrow built race motor, stepped headers, no cats and what the seller called "swamp boat mufflers" thanks for the help guys!

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar street exhaust 2.5 with Random Tech 3" hi flo cats. Great sound, great performance, great price.

OP
OP
R

RoboSquirrel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wow that sounds great! is there any way i could hear the car in person, i see you live in the area

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow that sounds great! is there any way i could hear the car in person, i see you live in the area

Well....maybe. We're in the UP...almost 500 miles north west of Detroit. We get down there fairly often for club events over the summer. Our first trip through there will be mid May -- headed to Ohio. Of course, you could always take a little road trip north ;)

Steve

OP
OP
R

RoboSquirrel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
oh wow, haha...i just saw motor city and assumed you lived close, haha. Let me know whenever you head down, id like to hear that wonderful noise in person. I probably wont make it up north though...the fuel cost would put me in the poor house, haha.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Generation on the Viper matters, so it depends on what year you have.

If I had a Gen 2 it would have Bellanger headers/exhaust, no cats. My buddies GTS sounded wicked.

With a Gen 3, any brand of header and Corsa exhaust sounds best in my opinion.

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took out my cats and left the stock mufflers in sound great. Not to loud when cruising but when you get on it gets a little loud. Only cost me 250 to get it done. BTW i have a 2003.