Good results with GG cam and heads 673RWHP 644RWLBFT

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We recently finished a top end refresh on a previously built motor. Greg Good did the heads and cam. In the past I have been amazed at the amount of cylinder pressure and hp numbers from his combinations, compared to others we have used.

This Gen 3 has 10.55 to 1 compression. The cam is big, bigger than most run on the street. We ran it on 91 and 93 octane fuel. It made best numbers on the 93, but still had some knock control. I figure that it might make 690whp or so with 100 octane and full timing. We were able to get it tuned well, but have maxed out the stock injectors. The car does have some surging at low speeds because of reversion and the manifold design. With mulitple throttle bodies we could get rid of all that.

Thanks again to Greg Good for all is help and the client for trusting us with the build.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good God....750 hp all natural...only vipers can do that!

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Back in the late 90's we thought 600rwp was the holy grail ona NA car. Times have changed.

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok twister i think you know what you will get as your next car...something massaged by DC with the GG works!

good to see you back and posting buddy!

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great numbers Dan. Its interesting to see the capacity of what I can assume is the stock fuel system. Was it tuned with SCT, modified OEM computer, or are guys using some standalone system?

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Congrats to both of you guys. Great numbers. I bet the owner is very happy. I know Greg has a set of heads right now that can be worked........... :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The car was tuned with the stock engine controller, using a SCT programmer to save 91 and 93 tunes. Other non SCT supported changes were made by my tuner Chris Jensen, who I have a long relationship with.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds amazing!

Am I misinformed? I thought Gen 3's didn't have knock control sensors build in...

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I need to stop reading these Greg Good threads. It's too tempting to tear my car apart and do this one of these days. I guess if I sign up now by the time he's ready to even work on my heads I might be ready to pull the trigger, lol.

Also, I believe knock sensors went into 05+ cars, so the later gen 3's got them and all the gen 4's, but not the early gen 3's.

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Knock control came out in 2004, it was used for the SRT Ram truck and bled over to the Viper.