Goodmorning...New member wanting to say hello and post a ?

FloridaInvestor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goomorning,

I have been a long time lurker and have finally taken the plunge and joined. I have a silver srt-10. I need some advice though. I recently took my car to the Dodge dealership because of a rattling coming from the transmission/ clutch area. It sounds like marbles rattling when I take my foot off the clutch and goes away when the clutch is fully depressed. The dealership said it was a throw out bearing which they replaced. When I picked my car up it still makes that rattling sound. They said that its normal in vipers. However after 2 years of owning the car I only recently noticed the sound a couple of months ago. Any input or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to the board.

Regards, Omar J.
Overcast and clowdy Orlando, FL

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring it to Sebring Viper Days next weekend and you will have all the Viper support you will need to help you diagnose any issues.

QUICKV10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like normal stuff from a dealership. (Yes we daignosed your car and found it to be the throw out bearing.)

OOO it still makes the same noise before you fixed it.

(OOO ya that noise you hear is normal, but we put a bearing in it anyway. Thank you for your business and come back agian if there are any problems in the future.) :hitfan:

outnumbered

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like normal stuff from a dealership. (Yes we daignosed your car and found it to be the throw out bearing.)

(OOO ya that noise you hear is normal, but we put a bearing in it anyway. Thank you for your business and come back agian if there are any problems in the future.) :hitfan:
Welcome! I am new also and have been lurking for awhile.I can't help you with your question but I think you came to the right place. :2tu:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Andrew that sounds like most Dealers but NOT ALL Dealers! :buttkick:

Omar, Welcome and Congrats!
Your noise maybe coming from the tranny? You do have some real good Viper Techs in FL! Good Luck!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
by rattling are you talking a small rattle? If so it is caused by the odd firing engine, common in V-10 engines. The engine pulses make it rattle somewhat. Switching to Royal Purple 01512, SYNCHROMAX, 3 qts, seems to solved this problem in my 2003. 1994 and up uses Royal Purple ****-Gear 75w90, 01300. I use 75w140, 01301 in my rear axle, 2 qts. You do not need additive with Royal Purple gear lube. Royal Purple's engine oil is the best, it runs quiter, cooler by 20 degrees on the oil temp, and produces more power than Mobil 1